2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

18 horse fields for 15/16?

Three horses in two races is going to cause change you'd think, and honestly, I don't mind watching the races even if the horses are not pushed above their limits....

Right you are, who was the horse that couldn't get through?

They were saying Admire Rakti looked very relaxed going in, but then he started playing up a bit and kicking.

So what? A horse having a kick isn't going to result in this sort of thing. Don't Helen Lovejoy the situation and start throwing blame where it doesn't belong

Now they're saying Araldo has injured it's leg kicking out at the fence on the walk back :(

This could be the 154th and last, I fear.
Can you please stop being so ridiculous? Hate to tell you this but horses die in racing all the time, we mourn and then everyone moves on.

Twitter reports saying a child waved a flag in Araldo's face and it kicked out.

FFS, I'm not anti-racing but this has to be the lat time the cup is run like this.

These animals have raced 2mile, once the race is over take them to a scale somewhere else and don't let the crowd near them.

Can you please stop being so ridiculous? Hate to tell you this but horses die in racing all the time, we mourn and then everyone moves on.
I'm not anti-racing, but if two runners die on the day there will be a lot of backlash.

Hopefully positive changes are made for the future of the race, but you need to get your head out of the sand.

They won't tell you his real cause of death sadly.

It so much easier when you can't just ask the horse "Did you take any performance enhancing drugs?" They just look at you and shit on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now they're saying Araldo has injured it's leg kicking out at the fence on the walk back :(

This could be the 154th and last, I fear.
Terrible news, but realistically it won't stop it from going ahead next year. There'll be plenty of bad press for the next week or so, but it'll quickly get swept away by other news (Christmas/Cricket/ISIS/Whatever). Animal rights groups will kick up a stink and demand an end but they won't get it. There's too much money/revenue involved now. Racing Vic/The govt (or whoever is in charge of the event) will call for a review of practices etc. maybe call for some sackings and promise changes, but it'll be on again next year regardless.

I'm not anti-racing, but if two runners die on the day there will be a lot of backlash.
The backlash comes from Helen Lovejoys liek yourself suggesting they'll never run the cup again... :confused::rolleyes::drunk::$

There is always something to be learned when horses die/get injured, being a melodramatic idiot teaches us nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back