2014 Free Agency Players

Remove this Banner Ad

$800-$900k
What could he command?

Jeez, how much more money do the Swans have?

Seriously though, Melbourne market he'd have to come in between 800k- 1.1mil, if he said he would go to GWS, the AFL would make sure he'd get 10 mil over 5 years
If this is the case I really hope we don't over stretch ourselves going after someone like Gibbs, especially if he asks for something similar.

With gibbs and frawley both out of contract the club and we supporters should ask ourseleves some questions.

1. Which player will fill the bigger need in the team over the next 5 years?

2. how much will need to pay the player to convince him to join our club?

3. The chances of the player choosing to come to adelaide?

4.are their any other circumstances in the players life which could sway them our way?

Adelaide would be paying Danger that! to get him out of Adelaide a club would have to at least offer another $300-$400K on top of that! I think Danger is a smart man anyhow and probably wont need any extra cash because he has invested it.

Dont forget IMO, he will be the official captain next year.

Instead of going after Gibbs who we'd have to pay an inflated salary just to get him here, we should be getting in the ear of players' managers from the expansion clubs. There is going to be a serious squeeze on their respective salary caps over the next few years. The talent they have at their disposal is ridiculous.

Ablett, Prestia, Bennell, O'Meara, Martin, Swallow, Lonergan, Kolo, McKenzie, Thompson, Day, Nicholls, Smith, Dixon, Matera, Lynch.

Ward, Treloar, Shiel, Scully, Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Smith, O'Rourke, Cameron, Boyd, Patton, Tomlinson, Shaw, Hampton, Davis, Plowman, Buntine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of going after Gibbs who we'd have to pay an inflated salary just to get him here, we should be getting in the ear of players' managers from the expansion clubs. There is going to be a serious squeeze on their respective salary caps over the next few years. The talent they have at their disposal is ridiculous.

Ablett, Prestia, Bennell, O'Meara, Martin, Swallow, Lonergan, Kolo, McKenzie, Thompson, Day, Nicholls, Smith, Dixon, Matera, Lynch.

Ward, Treloar, Shiel, Scully, Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Smith, O'Rourke, Cameron, Boyd, Patton, Tomlinson, Shaw, Hampton, Davis, Plowman, Buntine.

Shaun Edwards board.

Our trading department are like the fisherman who can't catch anything but claims the dead fish that washes up on the shore as a great catch.

Would have Davis back in a heartbeat, and I think that idea is completely realistic. Many have said that his development has slumped, but what can you really expect from him, playing in that side? He's a young bloke himself, teaching younger blokes the art of professional football. He has the huge weight on his shoulders to provide knowledge and leadership, when he could probably use both for himself. Davis still has many friends at AFC (see Twitter) and is spotted in the crowd regularly. I can see him back in the tri-colours, and he would be welcome back with open arms.

Back playing in an environment where he could just play with 'no strings attached' he could really flourish and get back to his best. He would really complement Talia and Hartigan, and potentially forming an elite defence.

Would have Davis back in a heartbeat, and I think that idea is completely realistic. Many have said that his development has slumped, but what can you really expect from him, playing in that side? He's a young bloke himself, teaching younger blokes the art of professional football. He has the huge weight on his shoulders to provide knowledge and leadership, when he could probably use both for himself. Davis still has many friends at AFC (see Twitter) and is spotted in the crowd regularly. I can see him back in the tri-colours, and he would be welcome back with open arms.

Back playing in an environment where he could just play with 'no strings attached' he could really flourish and get back to his best. He would really complement Talia and Hartigan, and potentially forming an elite defence.
He might come cheap too. It's not like he needs the money. ;)

Dale Thomas got 700-750K and so will Gibbs

We surely cannot offer Gibbs this kind of money, dangerous IMO.

A poster earlier stated our nucleus of 5 players - Danger/Sloane/Talia/Tex/Crouch. They must be kept regardless of who we get.

I would though happily for us to pay overs for a potentially good ruckmen though.

We surely cannot offer Gibbs this kind of money, dangerous IMO.

A poster earlier stated our nucleus of 5 players - Danger/Sloane/Talia/Tex/Crouch. They must be kept regardless of who we get.

I would though happily for us to pay overs for a potentially good ruckmen though.
Ummmm......Walker?? :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Free Agency Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back