Great tips!
Kedron by 56- your tip 48
Maroochy by 16 - your tip 21
Mayne by 248 - your tip 245
Noosa by 63 - your tip 61
You missed the entire round margin by only 18....top effort
Thanks Footy 1st,

guess i had a lucky weekend haha.

lets hope for a couple of closer games this week.
there are 3 that should be decided by under 5 goals.

I'm a little annoyed about opposition clubs not coming into the clubhouse after the game to have a beverage. At the end of the day ( hate that quote) football is a culture, and a social event. What goes on the field stays on the field. Maroochydore club rule is to support the opposition club and go into the away teams clubhouse (win or lose) and thank them for the day and facility's. As a player no matter what happens on the field, stays on the field. I always had a drink a chewed the fat with the opposition players, made good loyal friends from doing this. Poor effort by recent clubs we have played ( including this weekends club) Kedron, Noosa and Mayne looking forward to playing against you guys because professionally and socially your club knows what football culture is all about. Thats what real rivalry is all about. The other clubs, don't put statements in the paper about rivalry until you respect the opposition and have the manners or balls to walk into the opposition clubhouse. Win or lose. Piss poor effort IMO. I'll remember next time we meet , to bring my own drinks in a esky too enjoy after the game. Oh and leave the mess in the rooms for your volunteer to clean up.

I'm a little annoyed about opposition clubs not coming into the clubhouse after the game to have
a beverage. At the end of the day
( hate that quote) football is a
culture, and a social event. What
goes on the field stays on the
field. Maroochydore club rule
is to support the opposition club and go into the away teams clubhouse (win or lose) and thank them for the day and facility's. As a player no matter what happens
on the field, stays on the
field. I always had a drink a chewed the fat with the opposition players, made good loyal friends from doing this. Poor effort by recent clubs we have played ( including
this weekends club) Kedron,
Noosa and Mayne looking forward to playing against you guys because professionally and socially your club knows what football culture is all about. Thats what real rivalry is all about. The other
clubs, don't put statements in the paper about rivalry until you respect the opposition and have the manners or balls to walk into the opposition clubhouse. Win or
lose. Piss poor effort IMO. I'll remember next time we meet , to bring my own drinks in a esky too enjoy after the game. Oh and leave the mess in the rooms for your volunteer to clean up.
Couldn't agree more re: at least 1 drink with the
opposition after the
game...these comps were
designed for less travel, more
derbies so the "long trip
home, gotta go" excuse doesn't
cut it...
It never hurts to 'advertise' a little though, way back in the
day the RAAF side (now
Ipswich Eagles) were well
known for discount
crownies...very popular, we
didn't leave until they were
sold out! I don't know why all
clubs don't do a six-pack best
on for the opposition, they
hang around, have quick sip or
two and a good chat...some clubs do this, it's a cheap olive branch.

Haven't seen any of the games from this league this year unfortunately. How is the standard?

The way the North/South split worked, seemed to leave plenty of strong clubs in the southern league almost by accident.

Kedron and Mayne strong no doubt, how are other travelling?>

Haven't seen any of the games from this league this year unfortunately. How is the standard?

The way the North/South split worked, seemed to leave plenty of strong clubs in the southern league almost by accident.

Kedron and Mayne strong no doubt, how are other travelling?>
Mayne are on top of the ladder undefeated, Kedron 4th doing very well, quality club Noosa 2nd doing well, Maroochy 3rd playing strong footy, Caloundra5th very competitive Aspley and Caboolture struggling, Nambour competitive but hampered by injury

Thanks Footy 1st,

guess i had a lucky weekend haha.
lets hope for a couple of closer
games this week.
there are 3 that should be decided
by under 5 goals.
Congratulations on the 1-pointer!! Unfortunately the other results were thumpings....again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything can happen come finals time I guess. It will be interesting to see how long they can stay undefeated for. I wonder who would win out of Mayne and Springwood.

If 2013 Div 1 results are anything to go by, Springwood would beat Mayne comfortably.

However, different years, different players etc.
are you nuts? mayne would pump springwood. mayne have picked up the best ruckman in the comp plus 3-4 other guns. love it how everyone keeps talking down mayne when the closest a team has got to them is 40 points (noosa).... maroochy could only manage 2 goals against them

Did you see the content of my post..?

'Based on 2013 Division 1 results....'

'However, different years, different players'

It's pointless speculating on who would win, given they are now in different competitions. However, when they were in the same competition only last season, Springwood beat Mayne by 14 goals, finished top of the ladder and lost 3 matches. Mayne didn't play finals.

You would hope the 4 or 5 blokes they picked up are superstars to close the enormous gulf that was between the 2 sides in 2013.

Did you see the content of my post..?

'Based on 2013 Division 1 results....'

'However, different years, different players'

It's pointless speculating on who would win, given they are now in different competitions. However, when they were in the same competition only last season, Springwood beat Mayne by 14 goals, finished top of the ladder and lost 3 matches. Mayne didn't play finals.

You would hope the 4 or 5 blokes they picked up are superstars to close the enormous gulf that was between the 2 sides in 2013.

Mayne had a rubbish side in that day vs Springwood and picked up 4 injured players before half time. Mayne only got to play Springwood once in Rnd 2 not doubting Springwood were definitely better than Mayne that year but the 14 goal margin was exaggerated by those injuries...Given Mayne's main (bad pun I know) ruckman last year isn't even rucking in the twos this year and they added the services of a rep level Ruckman and a host of quality mids this season...I think they would be more than competitive with Springwood now given the names I see at playing at Springwood...

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back