2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose the question will be whether the comps will eventually even themselves up. Caboolture to my mind only need a few changes in various areas to be a real strength. They must be making a small fortune with the events that are being held there right now.

Well I am finally done with this and other competitions

The AFL and AFLQ heads need to roll
Clubs have spent years meeting the community aspirations of locals and the league and in one mighty sweep you destroy it.

I have been introduced to some officials and your arrogance and bad manners is unacceptable

You feed of the generosity of volunteers and players

Start looking for new jobs your boat has arrived

I guess we have to just wait and see how things pan out in the coming years, I totally understand peoples frustration and anger, I feel that way too. So we must accept there will an adjustment period when creating a new comp, may take some time to settle and even out to a degree. They did ruin some well settled and even comps but what is done is done, what can you do but try to be patient.
I think I can see a number of clubs from the previous lower divisions getting better look at teams like Kedron, Caloundra. Nambour have shown positive performances and see a very bright future for them. Caboulture will get better great facilties and fund raisers may attract some quality players and Aspley will we all know what strong club they are in general.
Another thing is how much more change will come over the years if some teams from north and south go to the QAFL?

We'll north comp
Marochydoore
Mayne
Noosa

South
Springwood
Robina
Burleigh

Having seen all teams play springwood and mayne would be a cracker with the rest maybe 5 goals behind
Wouldn't under estimate Maroochydore, when they played Mayne they were missing a number of players. Kedron gave the top 3 a good shake, Caloundra have been a tough opponent, Nambour have been good but injuries has exposed their lack of depth.

#32 for Noosa reserves you are a coward whose best footy days are obviously a long way behind him. Plenty of spectators saw the kid to the head of the Aspley player on the ground as you were getting up for the free kick. When he retaliated with a push to the chest, you decided to wait until play had moved on before punching him in the head,

Aspley wear the One Punch Can Kill logo for a reason you grub. RIP Wolfman. If you can't be useful playing cleanly, give it up now old man. Disgraceful.

Couldn't agree more! I wonder what the end state was for number 12 who got reported for striking. All day, and in both grades, Noosa were giving cheap shots and niggling - This is not on! It is a football game, not a boxing match. If you want to fight, piss off to a boxing gym!

What I find even more disgraceful is that number 32 (after his gutless display in the reserve grade game) took up a position in the coaches box for the seniors game. Noosa, your club lacks some serious credibility if you are going stand around and to let a grub like this be employed in a coaching role.

Yeah I wouldn't be underestimating Kedron either. They were very good when they played Maroochy but missing a few key players. Reckon they had the best player I have seen in this comp to date - some bloke nicknamed "George"? Beautiful mover, left footer I think and 6'3. Put a Nathan Clarke into that side + a few army boys they will be more than competitive (these guys were missing against us). Caloundra will always have a crack. Think the Nth div is pretty good give or take a couple of sides currently. Aspley is an interesting case though - the U18 side doesn't put any of their better boys into this side from my understanding which seems really strange and sort of seems that they don't seem to want to align themselves with "this" Aspley. Might be wrong so happy to be corrected.
Its interesting though, all very well to get angry but clubs decided themselves where they wanted to play in 2014 in the main. I haven't heard of any club that was told to play a higher division against their wishes, a couple who wanted to play up but were told no (Springwood / Maroochy). Rome wasn't built in a day. Reckon its time to leave the gun in the holster until maybe a couple of years time.

Yeah I wouldn't be underestimating Kedron either. They were very good when they played Maroochy but missing a few key players. Reckon they had the best player I have seen in this comp to date - some bloke nicknamed "George"? Beautiful mover, left footer I think and 6'3. Put a Nathan Clarke into that side + a few army boys they will be more than competitive (these guys were missing against us). Caloundra will always have a crack. Think the Nth div is pretty good give or take a couple of sides currently. Aspley is an interesting case though - the U18 side doesn't put any of their better boys into this side from my understanding which seems really strange and sort of seems that they don't seem to want to align themselves with "this" Aspley. Might be wrong so happy to be corrected.
Its interesting though, all very well to get angry but clubs decided themselves where they wanted to play in 2014 in the main. I haven't heard of any club that was told to play a higher division against their wishes, a couple who wanted to play up but were told no (Springwood / Maroochy). Rome wasn't built in a day. Reckon its time to leave the gun in the holster until maybe a couple of years time.
So were Maroochy was told no to play in the main?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other people at the club can answer that one! Sunshine Coast region is a forgotten area for AFLQ
That's really poor form, Maroochy would of been better prepared to step up than UQ (No disrespect to UQ club,
just thought too early to go up)

Didn't tick the finance box Tiger - and fair enough, we would have struggled this year in the QAFL with say the current playing list and no matter what standard of footy you are playing, if you struggle on field then it is difficult to generate finances. The general punter doesn't say to themselves saturday morn "oh i will go down to Fish rd to watch Maroochy play Broadbeach, even if they are going to get smashed in a good quality game"..

This season (and probably next based on the rumours re no changes to comps this year) are about consolidating finances and the footy club in general. In reality it was only 4 years ago that the footy club nearly folded. A couple of years in the history of any footy club is not a long time.

Wouldn't under estimate Maroochydore, when they played Mayne they were missing a number of players. Kedron gave the top 3 a good shake, Caloundra have been a tough opponent, Nambour have been good but injuries has exposed their lack of depth.
You would know more than me
But springwood won the minor prem last year there just too good in the southern comp

Tips for the weekend:

Kedron by 48 (Big community day down at Kedron this Saturday should be good for both clubs, expecting a big crowd for this game).
Maroochydore by 21
Mayne by 245
Noosa by 61

Kedron 116 d Aspley 60
Maroochy 83 d Caloundra 67
Mayne 249 d Caboolture 1
Noosa 138 d Nambour 75

Tips for the weekend:

Kedron by 48 (Big community day
down at Kedron this Saturday
should be good for both clubs,
expecting a big crowd for this