2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win to Caloundra, but no disrespect to Caloundra just unusual for Maroochy to lose in both grades. Maybe Maroochy suffering from injuries or just had a dirty day??? Maybe Smy could fills in?

wasn't there Tiger - in Sydney - but I can assure you that Hipwood is an absolute monty to be part of the 18's State group next year and that talent scouts from around Australia were having hard ons over his 16's carnival as an overager recently. A boy who has spent his whole junior career as a winger / outside player, grew half a foot, now stands 198cm or something like that, runs quick, good engine and catches the ball with a very good left foot kick. He is the epitome of what they are all looking for. Unfortunately for Caloundra they won't see a lot of him next year I don't think but they should be stoked to have him in their group. Good kid too. To kick 8 goals as a 16yr old in a reasonable comp is a damn good effort.

Does everyone think the same clubs will compete in this comp next year? Maybe Sandgate might join IF they decide to drop a Div???? Don't know if Mayne would go up if offered, maybe Noosa? Thoughts

Does everyone think the same clubs will compete in this comp next year? Maybe Sandgate might join IF they decide to drop a Div???? Don't know if Mayne would go up if offered, maybe Noosa? Thoughts

All clubs signed on for two years in QAFL. Won't be any change

Think 2 years just to provide that time for clubs to get their house in order which is fair enough. It also allows some of the conference teams to get their house in order too to step up if a position becomes available. Think promotion/relegation could work in due course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After next week looks like the 1st week of finals will be

Mayne Bye
Noosa v Kedron would that be held at Noosa?
Maroochy v Caloundra maybe at maroochy?

Anyone starting to think the league should have looked a little different teamwise, or is travel a big factor?

Surely a Div 2 comp including Mayne, Noosa, Kedron, Yeronga, Robina, Coorparoo, Burleigh, Springwood, Kenmore and maybe Marcoochy would create a much better standard of footy week in week out?

Leaving Alex Hills, Coomera, Cooly, Caboolture etc etc to slug it out in a Div 3 type league?

Anyone starting to think the league should have looked a little different teamwise, or is travel a big factor?

Surely a Div 2 comp including Mayne, Noosa, Kedron, Yeronga, Robina, Coorparoo, Burleigh, Springwood, Kenmore and maybe Marcoochy would create a much better standard of footy week in week out?

Leaving Alex Hills, Coomera, Cooly, Caboolture etc etc to slug it out in a Div 3 type league?

Was always going to be lopsided to start with. But the leagues will level out over the next few years. Springwood were terrible only 3-4 years ago, cycles move pretty quick and teams will balance out. Having them all closer and limiting travel will only make it better once the standard equals out a little more

As long as AFLQ stick fat with it, I think you may prove right.

If they panic and restructure after 1 or 2 years of lopsided results - we'll be stuck chasing our tails again!

whilst true and i agree that's how the league should have been structured, at the very least coolangatta would be in the "higher" league still probably getting belted as they weren't going to drop from the AP cup to effectively a third division set up

Everyone is pretty good with hindsight of course. I can tell you now there would have been a handful of very good Noosa players who would not have played this year if the comp had not been localised. Maybe even the same at Maroochy so it is hard to tell what the relative strengths of the comps would have been. Majorpayne is right imo - the comps were always going to be lopsided initially as div 3 sides tried to compete with div 1 sides but it will level itself out in due course. if it doesn't then sides will move. Keep it as is for the next couple of years and then see how the QAFL, 2 conferences and the amateur leagues are all travelling then.

It's chicken and egg stuff.

Loyal club blokes who are quality players don't want to play if the commitment is too big as they move on with their lives, but then their clubs remains in a lower division to accommodate their lifestyle and they belt everyone.

I think people are correct in that it will level out over time.

It's chicken and egg stuff.

Loyal club blokes who are quality players don't want to play if the commitment is too big as they move on with their lives, but then their clubs remains in a lower division to accommodate their lifestyle and they belt everyone.

I think people are correct in that it will level out over time.

"Loyal club blokes"... cant be that loyal if they only play if it suits them. weak as piss

Speak for yourself.

Many people hit the age of 30, have careers and families that need to take priority but still enjoy having a kick. Some blokes don't like the idea of wearing the colours of another club, so look for something at their home club that suits.

Hardly weak as piss in my book, just reality. Every club should regnerate instead of relying on the same old blokes year after year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 QFA Northern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back