2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, aren't convinced Stuyd - would be interested to see how many supporters rock up without an entry fee. Reckon a $5 cover that gives a free beer as well (softy, whatever). Considering the cost value of these drinks can be as low as $1 then the footy club is still profiteering, the punter feels like he is getting something for his entry and its unusual for someone to stop at 1 beer at the footy...:)

Yeah, aren't convinced Stuyd - would be interested to see how many supporters rock up without an entry fee. Reckon a $5 cover that gives a free beer as well (softy, whatever). Considering the cost value of these drinks can be as low as $1 then the footy club is still profiteering, the punter feels like he is getting something for his entry and its unusual for someone to stop at 1 beer at the footy...:)
smy,
as I said, Broady and Labrador, would have to average a crowd attendance larger then most of the clubs except Redlands.Broady had a game where they didn't charge at the gate, and the crowd was no different in numbers. And in 2012, I attended a game at Labrador, whom had no one on the gate,, same result.Agree with you about the free beer/soft drink with the entry fee.Good idea.!!

Sherrin,
did u read my post on Friday...... supporters don't mind paying the $5 each, and still spend money at the kiosk,etc.Gives them a feeling of contributing to the club, and its only 9 times a year,,, that's $45 bucks over the season for Christ sake.It isn't a issue, and as of contributing to the clubs business plan, it plays a part, raising some 10k to 15k plus into the clubs coffers.

For a club to raise $13,500 over their 9 matches, the club would need 300 people to pay $5. The people who would get stung by the $5 entry fee are the players partner, Parents/Family Members and friends plus the footy player who left his players pass at home.

Comparing Clubs like Labrador and Broady to Clubs like of Wynnum, Coomera and Kenmore is comparing apples to oranges. I would Gladly pay $5 to watch Broady v Brisbane Lions unlike Wynnum v Robina.

For a club to raise $13,500 over their 9 matches, the club would need 300 people to pay $5. The people who would get stung by the $5 entry fee are the players partner, Parents/Family Members and friends plus the footy player who left his players pass at home.

Comparing Clubs like Labrador and Broady to Clubs like of Wynnum, Coomera and Kenmore is comparing apples to oranges. I would Gladly pay $5 to watch Broady v Brisbane Lions unlike Wynnum v Robina.
Sherrin,
I agree with your comments in the last paragraph.my comments relate to the top level aflq division, not the lower divisions,,,
Also, go to any Broady or Labrador home game, and you will see the crowd is always fairly consistent, about 300, some games 250, some games 350.Point is ,it still raises some 10k plus a season for the club, and there has not been any complaints about it.Its a important factor in these clubs financial plan!!
As a comparsion, go to a Southport , Aspley, home game and there would be no more then 200 there.But they are not in the comp now, so it doesn't matter. Go to a Mt Gravatt home game, and there wouldn't be 150/180 there.... what iam saying, is this $5 entry fee is a important revenue raiser to Broady/Labrador and there are no issues with it from the supporting public.

Sherrin,
did u read my post on Friday...... supporters don't mind paying the $5, and still spend money at the kiosk,etc.Gives them a feeling of contributing to the club, and its only 9 times a year,,, that's $45 bucks over the season for Christ sake.It isn't a issue, and as of contributing to the clubs business plan, it plays a part, raising some 10k to 15k plus into the clubs coffers.
Mayne used to do a similiar thing at their home games it wasn't a admission fee but someone would stand at the gate ask fans for any sort of donation, admission fees or donations works fine for me I used to throw a fiver each time

Mayne used to do a similiar thing at their home games it wasn't a admission fee but someone would stand at the gate ask fans for any sort of donation, admission fees or donations works fine for me I used to throw a fiver each time

Asking for a donation is different than admission fee. Why did Mayne stop?

Read in the Bayside Bulletin that Alex hiils have appointed , Andrew Woods as Seniors Coach, Reserve grade coach yet too be named, Our old reserves coach may still yet stay on depending weather he gets a gig at other club in a senior role.

Will be interesting to see how this Comp plays out.

Will the Kings players finally retire after 3 flags? considering thats the main reason they declined to go up to AP cup in 2013.
we wont find the answer for this question until the start of June , genrally when the kings hit form.

Any one think springwood will retain all of their players? hooper , proud etc
if they do i hope for wynumms sake then can recruit well, i dont want anyone puling out the record books in 2014.

How about Robina? boys down the coast have been quiet since Thei embrassing lost in the GF will fulton , vigus and co go around in 2014?

SOmething to think about is the NEAFL teams Southport (close to Robina) Redlands (Alex Hills)

Will these 2 clubs benfit from the NEAFL teams only having 35 player list.

ANy news on coachs or player movements or just general thoughts on 2014 season please post lets keep this forum ticking over. cos Pre season is only 3-4 weeks away for some Clubs

Hey guys:

Yeronga/Sth Brisbane Football Club Vacancies

Yeronga's newly formed senior football committee is on the hunt for coaches of all grades.

The positions available for Season 2014 with remuneration to be discussed for all Positions are:

Senior Coach Playing or Non Playing
Assistant Senior Coach Playing or Non Playing
Reserves Coach Playing or Non Playing
Assistant Reserves Coach Playing or Non Playing
U/ 18's coach
Assistant U/18's coach
Team managers
Trainers

We Also looking for players and volunteers from all grades who would like to join the club and be part of a new direction at Yeronga/South Brisbane in Brisbane.

You can email applications to chrisryan75@hotmail.com or contact Club President - Chris Ryan on 0433 760 502 or email Club Secretary Aaron Kalz on aaron.kalz@gmail.com

Applications close on the Friday November 8th 2013.

Read in the Bayside Bulletin that Alex hiils have appointed , Andrew Woods as Seniors Coach, Reserve grade coach yet too be named, Our old reserves coach may still yet stay on depending weather he gets a gig at other club in a senior role.

Will be interesting to see how this Comp plays out.

Will the Kings players finally retire after 3 flags? considering thats the main reason they declined to go up to AP cup in 2013.
we wont find the answer for this question until the start of June , genrally when the kings hit form.

Any one think springwood will retain all of their players? hooper , proud etc
if they do i hope for wynumms sake then can recruit well, i dont want anyone puling out the record books in 2014.

How about Robina? boys down the coast have been quiet since Thei embrassing lost in the GF will fulton , vigus and co go around in 2014?

SOmething to think about is the NEAFL teams Southport (close to Robina) Redlands (Alex Hills)

Will these 2 clubs benfit from the NEAFL teams only having 35 player list.

ANy news on coachs or player movements or just general thoughts on 2014 season please post lets keep this forum ticking over. cos Pre season is only 3-4 weeks away for some Clubs

Coomera set to announce its coaching panel this week with a number of players already expressing interest from Southport, Labrador, Carrara and believe it or not Beenliegh which comes as a bit of a shock after the 2 clubs have formed a good rivalry in DIV 3 the past 3 years. We start training on the 14th on November so will be interesting to see how many new faces we get from jumping up a div.

I heard Robina are tracking along nicely and not expected to lose any players. Not sure how much my sources really know though.

Stanely been a fair bit of reflecting going on at scottsdale drive its fair to say!

would think that most of the group from both grades will go around again and like Gaz said there seems to be a lot of people interested in having a look around at this time of year - some from places we wouldnt have imagined. We probably wont start preseason as a group until new year after probably being up for too long last year and my thoughts are that we should look to adopt a kings / PBC model that focuses on doing enough to make finals but then being in the best shape you can come finals time - but im just the guy who organises the footy trip so dont have much pull around the club :)

From what i understand kings group seem fairly committed to fronting up again in similiar capacity to this year - and good luck to them 3 in a row suggests they have the formula right for that group!

From what i hear Springwood may struggle to retain hooper, proud etc in this div - at least to start the year anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys:

Yeronga/Sth Brisbane Football Club Vacancies

Yeronga's newly formed senior football committee is on the hunt for coaches of all grades.

The positions available for Season 2014 with remuneration to be discussed for all Positions are:

Senior Coach Playing or Non Playing
Assistant Senior Coach Playing or Non Playing
Reserves Coach Playing or Non Playing
Assistant Reserves Coach Playing or Non Playing
U/ 18's coach
Assistant U/18's coach
Team managers
Trainers

We Also looking for players and volunteers from all grades who would like to join the club and be part of a new direction at Yeronga/South Brisbane in Brisbane.

You can email applications to chrisryan75@hotmail.com or contact Club President - Chris Ryan on 0433 760 502 or email Club Secretary Aaron Kalz on aaron.kalz@gmail.com

Applications close on the Friday November 8th 2013.
who is the new Yeronga coach?

See in todays Bulletin, Southports champion Danny Wise has retired from the NEAFL Level, but is thinking of still playing, be it for Burleigh... interesting
Heard that he has definately signed with burleigh

No mate.... Labrador, Broadbeach, Morningside and Mt Gravatt were in the top level NEAFL comp in 2013,but due the restructure of this Neafl comp, these clubs have been relegated to the old QAFL comp/division in 2014., Now this thread we are talking on now, is a division below the above mentioned comp.

Any news on Muggavin and Fulton pulling the boots on for another season.?
Muggys kicked some 90 plus goals in a injury interrupted season, and Fults bagged 131 goals in 2013 .
Great for the comp, and hope they front up for 2014.

Seen the fixture has been released , any thoughts?

Not a fan of this cross conference set up and having possibly 2 grand finals in one season , it would be a hard build up to the cross conference GF after winning the conference GF ?

However i do like the fact there is 18 rounds , rather then the 16 last season, each team plays each other twice , home & away will give a true indication of the comp.

As for fults and muggs , IMO it would be great to have them in the comp but i doubt they will be as dominant as 2013

one thing I can't work out is how
Redcliffe dropped out of the northern comp, so they replaced them with Wynumm and not kenmore ? Or even cooparoo? AFLQ logic there I reckon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back