2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha it's ok lads I was merely making light of the fact there were some hefty margins onfield. In saying that the Tui's are always deliciously warm and cheap down our way :D

Free VIP passes to Dream World available too. Just bring your own ladder....

9 goals off 1000 in qld. Massive effort in anyone's book. Has been a fantastic bloke to have at the club - one of the last to leave functions, family is at the game and his old man is on the committee and running the can bar.

I'm going to open myself up here a bit, but not one person has circulated a rumour about "robina are paying Fults xyz" cause he isn't getting a cent as opposed to what some other clubs both in north and south div have done to attract players. Not having a go at those that are paying recruits, just that ud struggle to get that level of buy in from someone just in it for the cash.

Quality bloke and I hope his achievement gets the recognition it deserves from aflq who despite having completed rnd 1, still make it a priority to do articles on there website about practise games. Would be nice to be able to log onto the website on a Monday and read results and bit of a review as opposed to getting it off here! #rantover

9 goals off 1000 in qld. Massive effort in anyone's book. Has been a fantastic bloke to have at the club - one of the last to leave functions, family is at the game and his old man is on the committee and running the can bar.

I'm going to open myself up here a bit, but not one person has circulated a rumour about "robina are paying Fults xyz" cause he isn't getting a cent as opposed to what some other clubs both in north and south div have done to attract players. Not having a go at those that are paying recruits, just that ud struggle to get that level of buy in from someone just in it for the cash.

Quality bloke and I hope his achievement gets the recognition it deserves from aflq who despite having completed rnd 1, still make it a priority to do articles on there website about practise games. Would be nice to be able to log onto the website on a Monday and read results and bit of a review as opposed to getting it off here! #rantover

Mate, cant agree more. I know Fults also kicked a 100 plus goals in a season down at Warrambool,before he moved to QLD. So must be at some 1150 to 1200 goals in his career,,,, and really as a small full forward, this is a incredible record. One has to appreciate what he has achieved,,,, as not many gun full forwards can claim this sort of achievement....

Mate, cant agree more. I know Fults also kicked a 100 plus goals in a season down at Warrambool,before he moved to QLD. So must be at some 1150 to 1200 goals in his career,,,, and really as a small full forward, this is a incredible record. One has to appreciate what he has achieved,,,, as not many gun full forwards can claim this sort of achievement....

If he had played all of his career in Victoria with the same record, he would be a household name across the state.

your div 3 a long way down the pecking order....

your div 3 a long way down the pecking order....
Hey speedy pretty sure Aflq doesn't look after NEAFL. So that would make it second div. if aflq thinks people are more interested in reading reviews of meaningless practise games in div 1 over reporting on roster div 2 games then there is a proper problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha it's ok lads I was merely making light of the fact there were some hefty margins onfield. In saying that the Tui's are always deliciously warm and cheap down our way :D

Free VIP passes to Dream World available too. Just bring your own ladder....
Yeah sometimes those hefty margins keep football clubs a float Swoopa, i know every club is different some are lucky with heaps of sponsorship and others not so much, its a fine line!

I like the idea of free VIP passes to dreamworld thought you could have at least supplied the ladder as well!!!

I know it's early to call but this comp could actually be blow apart with some score lines throughout the year , look what happened on the weekend, some massive 100 point plus wins , hoping the comp tightens up , didn't ever really think it was filing to be an even comp with team like springwood domination AP cup last year , no team should get near them , I also have just gained access to our clubs FB page , stay tuned for live updates ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's early to call but this comp could actually be blow apart with some score lines throughout the year , look what happened on the weekend, some massive 100 point plus wins , hoping the comp tightens up , didn't ever really think it was filing to be an even comp with team like springwood domination AP cup last year , no team should get near them , I also have just gained access to our clubs FB page , stay tuned for live updates ;)

awesome culture at the pumas

Couldn't find any website worthy practice matches to tip so I'll do the tips for an actual round of footy:
Yeronga by 3 points
Coolangatta by 26 points
Robina by 36 points
Burleigh by 19 points

Watched Robina vs Coorparoo today. Robina won by some 10 plus goals. Fulton kicked his eighth about 10 minutes into the final quarter, making it 999 goals in his QLD career. They then took him off the field, obviously wanting him to kick his 1000th next week in front of Robinas home crowd.!! Gee, he is still good, far to good for this comp.!!

Watched Robina vs Coorparoo today. Robina won by some 10 plus goals. Fulton kicked his eighth about 10 minutes into the final quarter, making it 999 goals in his QLD career. They then took him off the field, obviously wanting him to kick his 1000th next week in front of Robinas home crowd.!! Gee, he is still good, far to good for this comp.!!
I think the request may have come from Fults himself tbh - and rightly so - deserves to be a big deal made of it and hopefully a lot of the broady crew, his family and his non footy friends can enjoy it with him.

No disrespect to kenmore, but would hope he can get on the end of at least 1 for the day!

Noticeable difference in the yeronga side first up this year. Quite a few missing from last year's team. No brown mugavin Lockyer notting. If they were there, I didn't see them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Halfway through the working week and a few big games coming up this weekend!
My tips are:

Springwood 80 points
Coorparoo 26 points
Robina 20 points
Yeronga 32 points

Interesting round ahead, I see the big game of the round to be Robina V Kenmore both undefeated currently so probably a game that could go either way??

Fults only needs 1 more to kick 1000 so I would expect a fair crowd at Robina on Saturday afternoon.
Interesting to see whether Gibbo from Coorparoo gets a couple of weeks for his cheap shot or brain explosion on Saturday.

Good to the bloke down at Alex have a win on the weekend , after a massive dusting in round 1 to Burleigh , who funny enough got done in round 2

Yeronga looked very slow in there first hit out of 2014 , no Notting , mugavin or Lockyer didn't help there cause.

Bombers were first out of the blocks , and only inaccurate in front of goal costing them from really opening up a lead ,

I hope to we can back it up this weekend at Cooparoo. Only time will tell. Kings haven't had a great start ,

Until next week Stanley Steamer out.

Springwood by 42 points
Cooparoo by 14 points
Robina by 38 points (Fulton to get to 1005 goals)
Coomera by 8 points

Looking forward to a massive day tomorrow. Hopefully Fults gets one early and we have a good win. Looking forward to seeing the 2014 version of kenmore with Plummer and corrie in full swing.

Yeronga will be stronger second half of year. Various blokes serving suspensions for social media policy misdemeanours so don't count them out yet.

How's Ryan's form for cooly - 13 out of 17 isn't a bad haul. Surely swoopa someone had to go to him!

Gibbo's last 2 games have ended with red cards. Surely someone says something.

Boc out!

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 QFA Southern Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back