Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are people's thoughts on Michael Johnson? I want atleast one defender who is just consistently in the 85-95 range and I reckon he's a good bet for that.

Besides the ultra premiums I don't like much else in defence.

What are people's thoughts on Michael Johnson? I want atleast one defender who is just consistently in the 85-95 range and I reckon he's a good bet for that.

Besides the ultra premiums I don't like much else in defence.

You'll be paying for every point though. Better off with suckling who will be somewhere around the same mark 80-85 but he's much cheaper. He's never hit 90 so I'm not sure where you are getting 95 from.

You'll be paying for every point though. Better off with suckling who will be somewhere around the same mark 80-85 but he's much cheaper. He's never hit 90 so I'm not sure where you are getting 95 from.
Johnson certainly won't be popular, but he did average 102 after his bye last year and hit 90 most weeks. I just see him posting numbers similar to Sam Fisher whilst Ross was at St Kilda.

Sutcliffe??

Played as the sub most of the year until the last two rounds and finals where he scored 80+ in most of those games. Ibbotson hasn't started pre-season yet, could be a real option for a half-back flank. Only 256k

JS an obvious issue at that price.
Not really, played 16 games but he started as sub in most of them. Played the last 5-6 games in full, can see him breaking in to the team. Again, a risk, but one I'm happy to take at that price.

Not really, played 16 games but he started as sub in most of them. Played the last 5-6 games in full, can see him breaking in to the team. Again, a risk, but one I'm happy to take at that price.

I'm surprised that he's named as a Def this year. Could have sworn he played mostly through the mids when subbed on last year..

anyway, he was good enough to be in Freo's starting 21 for the finals + GF so his JS should be fairly solid you would think.

I'm surprised that he's named as a Def this year. Could have sworn he played mostly through the mids when subbed on last year..

anyway, he was good enough to be in Freo's starting 21 for the finals + GF so his JS should be fairly solid you would think.
Plays off the half-back flank so surprised that he's not DEF/MID actually. He started on the ground in the GF so that's enough for me.

It's just a question of whether he'll moo more than McDonald or Kokokaksjdhakjsdh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays off the half-back flank so surprised that he's not DEF/MID actually. He started on the ground in the GF so that's enough for me.

It's just a question of whether he'll moo more than McDonald or Kokokaksjdhakjsdh

why not have all 3 and spend the extra cash elsewhere?

why not have all 3 and spend the extra cash elsewhere?
Backs at the moment are: Hanley, Simpson, Hurn, Suckling, Sutcliffe Koloslkjdflksd, Cutler, Fuller

Note no McDonald - who would I cut from that line to fit him in (excluding Cutler and Fuller who are no brainers at that price)?? I could put him in the MID if he proves a super-rookie and open up DPP??

Backs at the moment are: Hanley, Simpson, Hurn, Suckling, Sutcliffe Koloslkjdflksd, Cutler, Fuller

Note no McDonald - who would I cut from that line to fit him in (excluding Cutler and Fuller who are no brainers at that price)?? I could put him in the MID if he proves a super-rookie and open up DPP??

Suckling, wont be a keeper long term and needs to average 95 compared to McDonalds 75 to make 200K

Suckling, wont be a keeper long term and needs to average 95 compared to McDonalds 75 to make 200K

If this year pans out anything like last year, I'd be more than happy to keep him at D6*, :eek:

* Terms & Conditions apply

True, but Suckling is only an extra 60k that Sutcliffe. So then you start getting in to who will average what and make more money than the other :)

Thoughts on Rhyce Shaw - 300k??

Apart from 2009 & 10 (his peak middle years) when he averaged 83 & 95 he's averaged a solid 70-77 in every other year. Coming back from a serious knee injury @ 32 years old, I'd pass as I can't see him averaging much better than 70 TBH which won't make you any coin.

On McVeigh - didn't he score better last year cos he was off half-back? Before that he was in the mids/fwds scoring 90 odd. If R.Shaw comes back to join Eski off half back I think McVeigh might drop off. He would surely spend time forward as Bolton did, with Hanners,Kennedy,Parker,Mitchell,Jack,Jetta,O'Keefe going through the middle. Just not sure if there are enough points for him if he doesn't have the same role as last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back