Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is going in with a backline of McVeigh Mitchell Hanley Simpson Swallow McDoanld to expensive? The structure and plan I am running with fits but have I overspent in the backline?

Is going in with a backline of McVeigh Mitchell Hanley Simpson Swallow McDoanld to expensive? The structure and plan I am running with fits but have I overspent in the backline?

Ive gone with McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, McDonald, Langford (Clay Cameron, Tom Langdon)

Never doubt yourself if your confident with your selections.

For the record, I've also got 5 midfield keepers, 3 forward keepers (1 mid pricer) and 1 ruck keeper (1 mid pricer) as my structure. The rest are rookies (sub $200,000).

Ive gone with McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, McDonald, Langford (Clay Cameron, Tom Langdon)

Never doubt yourself if your confident with your selections.

For the record, I've also got 5 midfield keepers, 3 forward keepers (1 mid pricer) and 1 ruck keeper (1 mid pricer) as my structure. The rest are rookies (sub $200,000).

You must be confident on Langfords JS then.

What's everyone think about this idea for a backline?

Mitchell, McVeigh, Simpson, McDonald
and 2 of Langdon, Langford, Georgiou, Clurey.

Surely at least 2 of those guys will be named right? LOL!

I know its risky but the backline is where I'm going cheapest in and I don't want to unsettle my forwards, mids and rucks. o_O

Mitchell, McVeigh, Simpson, McDonald and 2 of Langdon, Langford, Georgiou, Clurey.

I know its risky but the backline is where I'm going cheapest in and I don't want to unsettle my forwards, mids and rucks. o_O
I think you need a midpricer in there someone with JS maybe bootsma<..:p:D.

Mitchell, McVeigh, Simpson, McDonald and 2 of Langdon, Langford, Georgiou, Clurey.

And you told me you weren't mad.

Mitchell, McVeigh, Simpson, McDonald
and 2 of Langdon, Langford, Georgiou, Clurey.

I've taken out Georgiou. He's still rookie listed and the last I heard Garland may only be about 3 weeks away from returning. Can't see Georgiou getting a game ahead of any of Frawley, McDonald, Garland, Dunn, Terlich or Grimes so the question has to be asked, will Melbourne promote Georgiou off the rookie list just to fill a short term vacancy?

I've taken out Georgiou. He's still rookie listed and the last I heard Garland may only be about 3 weeks away from returning. Can't see Georgiou getting a game ahead of any of Frawley, McDonald, Garland, Dunn, Terlich or Grimes so the question has to be asked, will Melbourne promote Georgiou off the rookie list just to fill a short term vacancy?

Interesting, throws a spanner in the works. Thoughts on this Jiska

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, throws a spanner in the works. Thoughts on this Jiska
Never really thought there was a spot for him but Garland going down made it a remote possibility. Hoddo is right though, there's enough cover for Garland down back which is arguably the only line Melbourne have that is settled. Other than Frawley, McDonald, Dunn, Terlich and Grimes there's also Clisby, Jones, Kent, Strauss and Pederson who are probably ahead of him. I also think Watts is better at CHB with all our forwards playing so add him in there too.

Roos has always traditionally taken his time with rookies and given there's not a massive hole in defense can't see this being any different. Then again, Roos will see players differently to previous coaches and may see different roles for people under his game plan. In a high possession plan such as the one Roos seems to be implementing, disposal efficiency is king and Georgiou does use the ball very well. Roos may give him a taste.

Personally I'd plan on him not getting a game. Can always downgrade to him at the last minute given his price.

You must be confident on Langfords JS then.

He was extremely impressive at Casey Fields yesterday in a virtually full strength Hawthorn side. May possibly be replaced by Burgoyne (whom has gone MIA this pre season) but looked impressive none the less.

For the record, rookies are virtually for show at the start of the year until sides are announced anyways aren't they?

He was extremely impressive at Casey Fields yesterday in a virtually full strength Hawthorn side. May possibly be replaced by Burgoyne (whom has gone MIA this pre season) but looked impressive none the less.

For the record, rookies are virtually for show at the start of the year until sides are announced anyways aren't they?

Yes the actual rookie choices are but I'm more talking about structire I'm not confident enough to have any backline rookies on the field with the exception of McDonald and you have 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back