Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyones thoughts on Jackson Ramsey from Collingwood? Could he replace Shaw in the backline?

Langdon has looked better than ramsay in the NAB. Toovey back this year and Ramsay also behind landgon, broomhead (back early in season from broken hand), oxley and Seedsman all in similar roles and Sinclair also beeing groomed for a similar role. Will be surprised if Ramsay plays at all this year.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Hurn vs Swallow, we might see Hurn up on the wing a bit which would definetely help his supercoach scores, but he is pretty easily tagged out of games. If swallow plays in the mid he could be 100+ a game.

Hurn excites one week and disappoints the next every year in Supercoach. I'm giving Swallow the chance to disappoint me for the first time this year!

I'm 2k short of going hurn to birch see what happens with rookies.Also traded birch in last year and bang injury first game I've gone cold on grimes but not much else around in that price range.
Swallow??

Other than him not much else? and who even knows if he will av more than 80 this season.Hes seems to be stuck in the 80's.
He won't be stuck in defense this year though. Playing midfield should see him rise by at least 10 average points purely by doing nothing different.

is going Mitchell, Birchall and Suckling too hawk heavy in the backline? they are my only round 9's in the backs atm

i'm assuming that mitchell will play more of a pure mid

is going Mitchell, Birchall and Suckling too hawk heavy in the backline? they are my only round 9's in the backs atm

not a matter of rd 9's on one line, its a matter of how many players you will have on the park at Rd 9, if this is not an issue then 3 hawk defenders is all good

Is a backline of Mitchell, Hurn, Grimes, Swallow, McDonald, Laidler too risky? o_O

I like the Hurn, Grimes and Swallow picks as they are all underpriced and should hit 90-95 average this year IMO.

$204,400 in the kitty believe it or not but only 4 premo midfield. :eek:

if they all hit 95 then its a worthwhile risk.

Spend 100K of the 200K, I'll PM you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrap Birchall as he is often the target of a tag.
Scrap Suckling as he will probably be eased back into the team after his ACL, probably as the sub.

Scrap Birchall as he is often the target of a tag.
Scrap Suckling as he will probably be eased back into the team after his ACL, probably as the sub.

Birchall could go and average 105 or he could average 90 (again). Worth the risk especially with Suckling, Rioli, Mitchell, Langford all back there this year. Isn't it?

Webster..

Game 1; 11 disposals. 4 rebound 50's. Tackles 3. Marks 2. Eff 72.7. SC 90
Game 2; 21 disposals. 3 rebound 50's. Tackles 2. Marks 7. Eff 71.4. SC 92

Only 2 SC points diff, same stats, 10 more disposals??

Webster..

I'm seriously thinking of ditching Suckling from D4 and Laidler at D6 and putting Webster at D4 instead along with Griffiths at D5 and McDonald at D6.

Call me mad but I have a good feeling about Webster and Griffiths at D4 and D5. I reckon they can do the job till bye time. :thumbsu:

Webster..

Must have had a few clangers then.

I'm seriously thinking of ditching Suckling from D4 and Laidler at D6 and putting Webster at D4 instead along with Griffiths at D5 and McDonald at D6.

Call me mad but I have a good feeling about Webster and Griffiths at D4 and D5. I reckon they can do the job till bye time. :thumbsu:
You have no conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back