GWS (ES) - competitive
West Coast (PS) - yes
Adelaide (ES)- competitive
Essendon (ES) - yes
Brisbane (G) - competitive
Hawthorn (MCG) - yes
Carlton (ES) - competitive*
Gold Coast (ES) - competitive

* have been okay against them last 2 years - who knows?
Disagree on Brisbane, only for the fact that it's at the Gabba. The rest are all pretty good assessments, and I'd be shocked if you didn't get a win in at least one of your first two games! :p :oops:

Disagree on Brisbane, only for the fact that it's at the Gabba. The rest are all pretty good assessments, and I'd be shocked if you didn't get a win in at least one of your first two games! :p :oops:

The fact he seems to think they will be' competitive' against GWS says it all really, going to be a long year for the Saints. Lyon's killed them.

The fact he seems to think they will be' competitive' against GWS says it all really, going to be a long year for the Saints. Lyon's killed them.

Original response was to another post stating we would be flogged in first 8-9 rds.

Because of the year were most likely to have, can't look at any game as a win.

Not saying we are going to win, but;

Melbourne (ES) - competitive
GWS (ES) - competitive
West Coast (PS) - yes
Adelaide (ES)- competitive
Essendon (ES) - yes
Brisbane (G) - competitive
Hawthorn (MCG) - yes
Carlton (ES) - competitive*
Gold Coast (ES) - competitive

* have been okay against them last 2 years - who knows?
IMO the games you have next to no chance are WC, Adel, Ess, Haw, Carl and GC. That's just my opinion though. No one would be surprised if you were competitive in one or two of those.

What is everyones opinion on M.Wright from Adelaide?
Had a good nab challenge scoring 159 in the first game and then 113. He is a risk given his price and the fact he was given the vest a few times, but with Douglas now out for 6 weeks he could see more midfield time. He is priced at $384,900.
Thoughts?

Not relevant IMO. Very consistent in the low 80's but I can't see him suddenly jumping up another 15 points.
I disagree. He had a lot of lower scores last year because of his arm injury and he was coming back from a knee reconstruction. Woosha basically had him camped in the forward fifty for the majority of the year after the opening round Derby.

He played predominantly midfield in the last practice match against Freo and was very good by all accounts. Won't get many clearances but when he gets the ball he uses it very well. Should get himself up in to at least the 90's. Doesn't fit in to my structure, but he would be very good if anyone was willing to take the gamble on him.

Any love for Petrie? Ultra consistent, doesn't miss games and a premo POD.

This bloke seriously needs to be spoken about more of.

When he goes big, he goes really big (8/11 hundreds were 120 + with 2 of these 150+ scores [178 & 162]) but is prone to some pretty ordinary scores also (5 scores of less than 80).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan at F5 and JKH F6?

Yeah, just checking the Swans board and a few seem more than happy naming Rohan as sub.

Would people be happy paying the $176,200 for a sub player? That may put me off a little bit to be honest. However, after two games, should he be doing well, he'd surely be moved into the starting 21.

Yeah, just checking the Swans board and a few seem more than happy naming Rohan as sub.

Would people be happy paying the $176,200 for a sub player? That may put me off a little bit to be honest. However, after two games, should he be doing well, he'd surely be moved into the starting 21.
It'll stunt his price increase.

Thoughts on having both Parker and Mitchell? im not confident because of all the other talent in the sydney midfield.

As it stands (rookies obviously subject to change pending selection) my forwards are;

Patrick Dangerfield, Jarryd Roughead, Charlie Dixon, Josh Caddy, Gary Rohan, JKH, (Jarman Impey, Lincoln McCarthy)
Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Luke Parker, Tom Mitchell, Gary Rohan, JKH. (Jarman Impey, Lincoln McCarthy)
The Three Sydney boys line up will most likely change, but it wont affect much if it stays Rohan will be out before bye time.

Will Gunston get 2nd tall defender now? Do you think his scoring will improve or decrease with no Buddy? Does anyone have any idea how he went without Buddy in the team last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back