Position 2014 SC Rucks

What structure will you be going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 3 minutes in would be ideal, with a "back next week" type injury that lasts for 6 weeks
Come on toxic. That's a bit bloody harsh towards your fellow community members.

3 weeks should suffice.

Come on toxic. That's a bit bloody harsh towards your fellow community members.

3 weeks should suffice.

I'm 68,000 spots from where I should be, I need all the help I can get (not too mention sporting a bloody gay pride flag as an avatar)

What was the reasoning behind Mumford? Great call BTW, he's leading SC, just ahead of Ablett! :eek:
Just thought he would flourish given the number 1 ruck spot at GWS and no competition, and wanted a bit of a POD. Bit of luck in there as well.

I'm 68,000 spots from where I should be, I need all the help I can get (not too mention sporting a bloody gay pride flag as an avatar)
hahahahahahaha. i lol'd very loudly and caused heads to turn :)

Your lucky he didn't make you post pleasantries in the Cats forum for the week. Might have scored a few dates!

I have the cash (just) to one trade Looniburger to Mummy.

A no brainer or not? Gonna be 200K difference soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mummy has rucked against Pyke (big deal), Hickey (second game as the #1 ruck) and Spencer (who?? Jamar out).

Two of the three games he's played have been in downpours and slogs where ruckman excel.

Perspective please. Don't go chasing points. If you started with him, kudos to you. If you don't have him, wait and see what he does against Big Will this week. Avoid the Zorkoitis.

Mummy has rucked against Pyke (big deal), Hickey (second game as the #1 ruck) and Spencer (who?? Jamar out).

Two of the three games he's played have been in downpours and slogs where ruckman excel.

Perspective please. Don't go chasing points. If you started with him, kudos to you. If you don't have him, wait and see what he does against Big Will this week. Avoid the Zorkoitis.

Just to add, those who are considering bringing in Mummy now; trade is worthy if you think he can average 104 for the remaining of the 19 games, at his current price $565,400.

edit; might confuse a few people, average 104 between Rounds 4-23.

Last edited:
I'm still almost certain Mumford won't play 20 games. If you started with him, great, but he isn't worth a trade IMO.

Is this where I sign up to the "Vindictively Jealous of Mumford Owners" club? :(

I'm not jealous of Mumford owners, I'm staggered that he has scored so highly considering the games I've watched haven't indicated at all that he has performed to a level where he should be averaging 150+ points whatever it is. The last game against Melbourne specifically sticks in my mind considering he had a quiet 3rd quarter, gave away around 3 free kicks in the first 10 minutes of the quarter without actually possessing the ball in that time period yet still scored 30 points. He also scored just under 80 points in the last quarter, with around 40 points awarded for a dodgy free kick for and goal that put GWS ahead by around 10 points with around 15 or 20 minutes to go which I found inconsistent with how other players in a similar situation have been awarded points. Dustin Martin against Carlton for example kicked the sealer with around a minute to go to put them up by just over a goal and was awarded no more than 15 points, and that was a more definitive nail in the coffin act than Mumford's.

I'm also unsure why Kade Simpson gets so poorly rewarded when he attends more centre bounces, gains more contested possessions and tackles more than Pearce Hanley or Michael Hibberd for example who are pure outside players. Looking at the stats, his ball use isn't woefully worse. Both Brisbane and Carlton have lost all of their games so their is no scaling due to close wins.

Just to add, those who are considering bringing in Mummy now; trade is worthy if you think he can average 104 for the remaining of the 19 games, at his current price $565,400.

edit; might confuse a few people, average 104 between Rounds 4-23.

He will have to average more than 104 for the remainder of the season without losing value as the magic number is depreciated over the course of the season due to lower priced players and rookies gaining in value quickly.

The last game against Melbourne specifically sticks in my mind considering he had a quiet 3rd quarter, gave away around 3 free kicks in the first 10 minutes of the quarter without actually possessing the ball in that time period yet still scored 30 points. He also scored just under 80 points in the last quarter, with around 40 points awarded for a dodgy free kick for and goal that put GWS ahead by around 10 points with around 15 or 20 minutes to go which I found inconsistent with how other players in a similar situation have been awarded points. Dustin Martin against Carlton for example kicked the sealer with around a minute to go to put them up by just over a goal and was awarded no more than 15 points, and that was a more definitive nail in the coffin act than Mumford's.
Don't get me started..

Don't get me started..

It was a woeful decision that cost Melbourne the game. He also has a tendency to illegally manhandle the opposing ruckman at almost every bounce without actually being penalised, except for perhaps on two occassions over the weekend where he was correctly penalised.

... also has a tendency to illegally manhandle the opposing ruckman at almost every bounce without actually being penalised, except for perhaps on two occassions over the weekend where he was correctly penalised.

Watching the game I noticed the exact same thing and couldn't believe how he kept getting away with it. Basically every boundary throw in he'd grab the other ruckmen and throw them aside in an illegal way, yet the umpire let it slide on all but a couple of occasions.

Surely just a matter of time before the umpires notice it

I'm not jealous of Mumford owners, I'm staggered that he has scored so highly considering the games I've watched haven't indicated at all that he has performed to a level where he should be averaging 150+ points whatever it is. The last game against Melbourne specifically sticks in my mind considering he had a quiet 3rd quarter, gave away around 3 free kicks in the first 10 minutes of the quarter without actually possessing the ball in that time period yet still scored 30 points. He also scored just under 80 points in the last quarter, with around 40 points awarded for a dodgy free kick for and goal that put GWS ahead by around 10 points with around 15 or 20 minutes to go which I found inconsistent with how other players in a similar situation have been awarded points. Dustin Martin against Carlton for example kicked the sealer with around a minute to go to put them up by just over a goal and was awarded no more than 15 points, and that was a more definitive nail in the coffin act than Mumford's.

I'm also unsure why Kade Simpson gets so poorly rewarded when he attends more centre bounces, gains more contested possessions and tackles more than Pearce Hanley or Michael Hibberd for example who are pure outside players. Looking at the stats, his ball use isn't woefully worse. Both Brisbane and Carlton have lost all of their games so their is no scaling due to close wins.
I completely agree with you on every point, if I didn't start with Mummy I'd be saying the same thing. As is, I'm just going to stay quiet and pocket the points.

The Simpson point, I think he just doesn't influence games that much this year, which is contributing to his poor scoring. Just my $0.02

I completely agree with you on every point, if I didn't start with Mummy I'd be saying the same thing. As is, I'm just going to stay quiet and pocket the points.

The Simpson point, I think he just doesn't influence games that much this year, which is contributing to his poor scoring. Just my $0.02

Well done on selecting him, an inspired choice. I recall that you were pretty bullish about him months ago too so well done!

I guess there is some slight jealousy on my part lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back