Mega Thread 2014 Swans Board DreamTeam/AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach Player Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry guys should've asked in my previous post, but Brandon Jack, worth a look at a mid bench spot? I recall he got a lot of sub vests last year, is this likely to continue? Or would he be a good pickup due to this happening last year and getting more game time this year? Thanks again.
Id steer clear. BJ was lucky last year. Most of his game time was due to injuries. I can see him in and out of the team all year due to Rohans return and cunninghams form. Not to mention Tippet and Goodes need to squeeze back into the team at some stage.

Id steer clear. BJ was lucky last year. Most of his game time was due to injuries. I can see him in and out of the team all year due to Rohans return and cunninghams form. Not to mention Tippet and Goodes need to squeeze back into the team at some stage.
Thanks again! Good luck for 2014 guys.

BJ is still a huge sub risk when he plays as well. He's fighting for the same spot/role in the side as Cunningham, which essentially is the sub.

Horse affirmed this in his Coach's takeover re: Brandon Jack

AFL Brandon Jack has out grown the vest, yes?
.antfrax as he can provide real speed, I imagine he'll still be used at times in that role, but he's certainly had a good pre-season

Is it the general consensus that Gary Rohan will be eased back in as the sub early days? or will it be someone else like Laidler or Cunningham even?
Eased back in from what? He has played most of the game time so far and did a full preseason.

Cunningham a regular in the 22? I feel like he is on the verge or a breakout year. Would be awesome value at 123k!

And was Grundy's 152 points in NAB likely to be a one-off or are big things expected from him this year?
Yes, and lol no to your 2 questions respectively.

Pretty definite reply. We have had the same kind of concerns at Port with Pittard.
I defer to your knowledge on Port obviously but isn't Pittard more of a rebounding player with good skills? Grundy is a key defender with an awful kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I defer to your knowledge on Port obviously but isn't Pittard more of a rebounding player with good skills? Grundy is a key defender with an awful kick
He's a good rebounder and yes he does have good kicking skills. I was referring to concerns that he would consistently repeat the 129 fantasy points he got against Essendon in NAB2

Cunningham a regular in the 22? I feel like he is on the verge or a breakout year. Would be awesome value at 123k!
Hey mate. Hope your right. I don't know anything about him. He has been mentioned a lot on other websites. But gee, really tough team to break into.
Is he mainly mid or mid/fwd for you guys.

Edit : How many years has he been with the Swans?

Hey mate. Hope your right. I don't know anything about him. He has been mentioned a lot on other websites. But gee, really tough team to break into.
Is he mainly mid or mid/fwd for you guys.

Edit : How many years has he been with the Swans?
Been at the Swans 3 years now, has had issues with injury. They love his work ethic as well as his pace and skills. He has improved his size and tank considerably this year and I think he will see a lot of senior footy. If he is named Rd 1 even if he is sub id be tempted to pick him, as we all know injuries are inevitability and I think he is the sort of guy who will cement his spot given the chance. He will mostly play forward flank with splashes of midfield.

Got 4 Swans players in my AFL fantasy. McVeigh, Mitchell, Rohan and Cunningham. What do you think of them?
Macca, Mitchell and Rohan are locks. I think Cunningham is a bit of a smokey but could pay off if he gets early games

I've got the same 4 in my supercoach team plus LRT.

Got Impey and Polec from Port, how do you feel about Impey getting a games?

Impey is strongly in the mix for round 1 and Hinkley likes playing round 1 draftees immediately as per Wines last year. The probable side that the afl journo has put on the official portadelaidefc website is likely to start.

Macca, Mitchell and Rohan are locks. I think Cunningham is a bit of a smokey but could pay off if he gets early games
Cunningham looks like green vest material. Who knows, he may start, but he could also be starting in 4th quarters.

Cunningham looks like green vest material. Who knows, he may start, but he could also be starting in 4th quarters.
Agree, and if he's green vest material with our full strength midfield then he is starting material as soon as there is an injury or suspension

Agree, and if he's green vest material with our full strength midfield then he is starting material as soon as there is an injury or suspension
Yep, ready to jump on if he's getting full games, but i'm holding off until then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2014 Swans Board DreamTeam/AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach Player Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back