List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon Have pick 19 and will not be trading Carlisle

None of these sort of trades ever happen. Jake Carlisle is a very good talent and Essendon are known for being difficult. God I hate trade scenarios.

None of these sort of trades ever happen. Jake Carlisle is a very good talent and Essendon are known for being difficult. God I hate trade scenarios.

the 'known for being difficult' stuff is bullshit from a bygone Sheedy/Knights era, but yeah, I agree with the rest. Although I have no doubt we'd be right into Matera if he announced his intentions to leave ala Tyson, Caddy, Adams (but why would he).

We're more likely to look at a 2 for 1 type of deal, given our draft sanctions and your shrinking list. Someone with a lower profile with someone you're going to delist anyway thrown in

the 'known for being difficult' stuff is bullshit from a bygone Sheedy/Knights era, but yeah, I agree with the rest. Although I have no doubt we'd be right into Matera if he announced his intentions to leave ala Tyson, Caddy, Adams (but why would he).

We're more likely to look at a 2 for 1 type of deal, given our draft sanctions and your shrinking list. Someone with a lower profile with someone you're going to delist anyway thrown in

Hutchins? Could do a pick upgrade and include him. He has good leg speed and I think has the kit to make it AFL level. These sort of scenarios are far more realistic. This isn't the NBA.

Hutchins? Could do a pick upgrade and include him. He has good leg speed and I think has the kit to make it AFL level. These sort of scenarios are far more realistic. This isn't the NBA.

yeah something like that, or even offer a rookie a place on a senior list (which is again, spitballing). Reckon the highest profile sort of deal that we could pull off would be a Matt Shaw or a Luke Russell. Everyone above that caliber I consider untouchable and not worth the effort unless we can get them to want to come to us specifically

yeah something like that, or even offer a rookie a place on a senior list (which is again, spitballing). Reckon the highest profile sort of deal that we could pull off would be a Matt Shaw or a Luke Russell. Everyone above that caliber I consider untouchable and not worth the effort unless we can get them to want to come to us specifically

Yep and getting those blokes to agree to it would be even harder.

Hutchins, Shaw & Russell are the only 3 ready made players with any value that I think we would be prepared to offer. Combined with one of our 1st/2nd Round picks, a few clubs might sniff around if they fit a need. No way would offer anyone else unless the player directly asked for it.

Both Russell and Hutchins are out of contract this year so will possibly keep Shaw safe.

Sumner & Taylor are the only other 2 but they hold very little value, rookie project players at best.

Agree with the key defender idea though like a Frawley/Carlisle. Heading into our finals window for the next few years, an experienced big bodied back would be bloody handy. Combined with May and Thompson, it would could be the final piece of our premiership side puzzle. Will be an interesting trades period.

Last edited:
Essendon would not do that in a million years

I know what I would offer/think Matera is worth (10-20 pick range) but I don't work for the club so my opinion is kind of irrelevant
Essendons cred around the league for “fair trades” is almost non existent, they would be bottom of the list in terms of clubs i would be dealing with

Shaw still has another year to run on his contract so unlikely to be going anywhere but curious Russell's name hasn't been mentioned in any contract talks seeing he is out end of season? Down the pecking order I guess/lower profile?

I would be staggered if we let go of either Shaw or Russell tbh.

Hutchins, Taylor, Warnock, Schade, Allen are all in the area of getting delisted or traded though.
let's be honest. we're going to get sweet fa if we trade any of those players, even if combined with a draft pick. clubs aren't going to want our reserves players after watching guys like prestia, swallow, and o'meara running around in our main squad.

Trust me when I say, Matt Shaw would not leave GC and would be really pissed if he got offered up. Which he wouldn't be anyway.

Agree with the key defender idea though like a Frawley/Carlisle. Heading into our finals window for the next few years, an experienced big bodied back would be bloody handy. Combined with May and Thompson, it would could be the final piece of our premiership side puzzle. Will be an interesting trades period.

But we have one. Matthew WArnock.

But we have one. Matthew WArnock.

We need someone with some quality if we do head down this path. 4+ years benefit to the side with genuine A grade defender qualities. Matty has been great as a plug for us down back with Bock gone and May/Thompson learning, but unfortunately doesn't have the goods in pressure situations, which we need as finals contenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nat Fyfe is going to draw some major offers from clubs now that he has announced he is willing to move. Dockers going to have to come up with some extra $$$, which I guess is his plan.

My bet is just a bluff for more money. And it will work

I think he will play 250 games for the Dockers

Oh, you want to play3 tall defenders in the 22 Corkie ?
Not just depth?

I think if we had 3 quality KPD, we probably would. If Bock was fit & firing this year, I think there would have been a good chance Bluey would have used him as the 3rd tall down back. Able to help out on the big fwds but also provide rebound like a Harry Taylor type of role? An experienced general to help hold things together when the pressure is on? Who knows, just speculating!

Someone like Cam McCarthy would be a great fit for us. Can play KPD or KPF. Still very raw and developing but huge upside. Fits the bill for us perfectly and adds some nice depth. Not sure we would be able to pry him from GWS so early nor beat the Vic clubs to him but he would be a great depth acquisition for us.

If GWS were fine with unloading him and he was happy to come to us possibly one of our first rounders and Hutchins may get it done. Again, very unlikely but I like him more than any talls we will get in the first round thus far. The wad of them are all top 10.

i liked the look of nick haynes when we played gws. i thought he did alright as an undersized defender against our talls. hard at the footy too.

Really unsuitable for our list. We have so many defenders who are around that 190-192cm mark. Lock down and rebounders. Definitely a player they will be keeping too, has come on well.

Wow poor GWS. Cameron looks as good as gone IMO. Says he is going to decide whether he wants to leave at the end of the year even though he is contracted. Will have clubs up in his ear the whole year.

Haven't we done a far better job at list management and player retention! Jeez how sad. Would be like losing Jaeger :(

Oh, and apparently he is getting offers in the vicinity of 5-6 year $1m thrown at him. Buddy Franklin style. GWS might be able to match it but having two million dollar players on one list (one a spud as well) is really poor list balance.

Wow poor GWS. Cameron looks as good as gone IMO. Says he is going to decide whether he wants to leave at the end of the year even though he is contracted. Will have clubs up in his ear the whole year.

Haven't we done a far better job at list management and player retention! Jeez how sad. Would be like losing Jaeger :(

I wonder if this has anything to do with getting Boyd in the draft, if you were Cameron an were an AA and gun forward and they go and get another one and talk about movig you to the backline I can see how that might get you thinking. Especially when the grubs from Essenscum and Carltank get in your ear.

Hope it doesn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back