List Mgmt. 2014 Trade/Free Agency Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this has anything to do with getting Boyd in the draft, if you were Cameron an were an AA and gun forward and they go and get another one and talk about movig you to the backline I can see how that might get you thinking. Especially when the grubs from Essenscum and Carltank get in your ear.

Hope it doesn't happen

I am pretty impartial but I can see a few stuff ups in their recruiting. Then again, who wouldn't have taken Boyd at number one? They should have traded that pick.

So theoretically if Harley was to decide to part ways with the SUNS, now that he has played a few games what are peoples thoughts on his value?

Not that I think he is going to go, but he would be up there with high end first round pick territory. Or maybe late first rounder and a player

So theoretically if Harley was to decide to part ways with the SUNS, now that he has played a few games what are peoples thoughts on his value?

Not that I think he is going to go, but he would be up there with high end first round pick territory. Or maybe late first rounder and a player

WHY DO YOU KEEP PUTTING THESE THOUGHTS OUT IN TO THE UNIVERSE?

IF and a big IF he wanted to go, lets assume he wants to go home to WA,.. straight swap Harley for Nat Fyfe :p ... heck we could even throw in a pick if required.

There is literally no answer to that until you know the circumstances surrounding his departure.

Please don't let Harely leave!!!!!

I remember Freo offering pick 30ish for Mitch Clake (when he was a hot property) and refusing to budge as they had the upper hand on the Lions (Clarke was crying to go home at the time) and the Eagles wouldn't better it. Don't expect either of those teams to be genrous if push comes to shove.

Need to see who else there may be available if not Frawley...

Need to see who else there may be available if not Frawley...
There isn't really many who are out of contract, mainly older types.

Ben Rutten, Matt Maguire, Sam Rowe (Been playing KPD), Dustin Fletcher, Jack Frost, Alex Silvagni, Luke McPharlin, Stephen Gilham, Brian Lake, Matt Spangher, Nathan Grima, Tom McDonald, Sam Fisher, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Darren Glass and Dale Morris.

Maxwell, Simon White, Firrito if you include them as Key defenders.

Found them here if you're interested in looking again: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/players-contract.1061009/

There isn't really many who are out of contract, mainly older types.

Ben Rutten, Matt Maguire, Sam Rowe (Been playing KPD), Dustin Fletcher, Jack Frost, Alex Silvagni, Luke McPharlin, Stephen Gilham, Brian Lake, Matt Spangher, Nathan Grima, Tom McDonald, Sam Fisher, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Darren Glass and Dale Morris.

Maxwell, Simon White, Firrito if you include them as Key defenders.

Found them here if you're interested in looking again: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/players-contract.1061009/

Thanks mate. Your not wrong about that list. Bugger all to choose from there. Some good defenders there but none you would make a play for.

Sorry for invading, but i was thinking the other day that Gold Coast needed another key defender in there side to allow May to play as that third tall backman, not that May hasnt done an outstanding job this season as a key defender(he has), i just think if you guys added another key defender to allow May as that 3rd tall you guys would have a top 6-4 defense. Frawley came to mind as a perfect fit for you guys.
i was also pondering whether you guys could play a 3 tall forwardline with Dixon, Lynch and Day as well as playing both Zac Smith and Tom Nichols in the side, might be to top heavy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From that list, only McDonald really excited me. We don't need to overpay an experienced tall unless they are bloody worth it, if you know what I mean. I'm not sure how much Frawley would add would be worth his price tag.

I worry that we may be forced in to chasing him due to lack of other options. However, I trust the list managers and know they won't succumb to some stupid figure.

This could be one of those times where we need to trade. Someone like Rance may do the job although not a massive fan.

Tom Mcdonald is an interesting type. Probably not on the largest wedge at Melbourne, which as a club isn't going to be challenging in the foreseeable future, if Frawley gets the money he wants, Tom could be someone squeezed out, ALA Mumford, Jed Lamb, so may be worth asking the question. We can probably provide a trade of a couple of our cusp players to get the deal across the line, someone like a Daniel Gorringe or Luke Russell might be handy to the Dees? Just a thought, Spook is still one of my favorites though.

There's a lot of key defender types out there that clubs may be willing to trade if the deal is right, especially if they are looking at rebuilding their list or wanting to trade out excess stocks.

Quick scan grabbed a few names with varied experience, etc, but all cheaper than Frawley!? In no particular order...

Luke Thompson, Crows
Michael Jamison, Blues
Mathew Watson, Blues
Nathan Brown, Pies
Lachlan Keefe, Pies
David Astbury, Tigers
Colin Garland, Dees
Tom McDonald, Dees
Tayte Pears, Dons
Alex Silvagni, Freo
Tim Mohr, GWS
Mitch Brown, Cats
Cameron O'Shea, Power
Tom Simpkin, Saints
Heath Grundy, Swans
Will Schofield, Eagles

Probably more out there if anyone has the time to search!

I guess it means we are saying goodbye to Warnock, Bock and Schade at seasons end by the look of it.

There's a lot of key defender types out there that clubs may be willing to trade if the deal is right, especially if they are looking at rebuilding their list or wanting to trade out excess stocks.

Quick scan grabbed a few names with varied experience, etc, but all cheaper than Frawley!? In no particular order...

Luke Thompson, Crows
Michael Jamison, Blues
Mathew Watson, Blues
Nathan Brown, Pies
Lachlan Keefe, Pies
David Astbury, Tigers
Colin Garland, Dees
Tom McDonald, Dees
Tayte Pears, Dons
Alex Silvagni, Freo
Tim Mohr, GWS
Mitch Brown, Cats
Cameron O'Shea, Power
Tom Simpkin, Saints
Heath Grundy, Swans
Will Schofield, Eagles

I guess it means we are saying goodbye to Warnock, Bock and Schade at seasons end by the look of it.

Jamison may be one to look at.

Luke Thompson, Crows
Michael Jamison, Blues
Mathew Watson, Blues
Nathan Brown, Pies
Lachlan Keefe, Pies
David Astbury, Tigers
Colin Garland, Dees
Tom McDonald, Dees
Tayte Pears, Dons
Alex Silvagni, Freo
Tim Mohr, GWS
Mitch Brown, Cats
Cameron O'Shea, Power
Tom Simpkin, Saints
Heath Grundy, Swans
Will Schofield, Eagles

Schade is still under contract

Luke Thompson, Crows
Michael Jamison, Blues
Mathew Watson, Blues
Nathan Brown, Pies
Lachlan Keefe, Pies
David Astbury, Tigers
Colin Garland, Dees
Tom McDonald, Dees
Tayte Pears, Dons
Alex Silvagni, Freo
Tim Mohr, GWS
Mitch Brown, Cats
Cameron O'Shea, Power
Tom Simpkin, Saints
Heath Grundy, Swans
Will Schofield, Eagles

You'll get Simpkin as a delisted FA. Not sure he'd be in your best 22 though. He's very undersized.

Whats the story with Jesse Lonergan? Is he signed up?

http://boundforglorynews.com/how-injuries-affect-draft-stock/
Jake lever best key defender to come through the tac cup in many years.. Hopefully use our first pick on him instead of wasting all that money on frawley
Our mids are almost best in the comp we'll keep the 3 giants up front.. May Thompson n kolo down back.. Starting to look good 1 more pre season n were set.

Are there any decent players likely to be squeezed out for us to pick up the dregs?

OT who would be your 'top 5 most important and untouchable young players?' O'Meara and Lynch would have to be in there?!

Would have thought
Lynch
O'Meara
Swallow
Thompson
Prestia - this one debateable though I think, could argue Martin, Dixon would take this 5th spot also

Are there any decent players likely to be squeezed out for us to pick up the dregs?

OT who would be your 'top 5 most important and untouchable young players?' O'Meara and Lynch would have to be in there?!

Considering everyone bar Nicholls and Bennell (who are a monty to sign soon) are all contracted... pretty much everyone at this stage. Not many we will trade. There will be a few lads on their mind they may offer up but it is really hard to tell at this stage. Will be fringers.

Hutchins may be a good pickup but your mob have a few of his type I think. Schade is another one you may be able to trade for and get a good deal on.

Just an airy fairy bigfooty opinion, but I think some of our fringe best 22 guys could attract interest and might consider moving on if the deal was right. It is only going to get harder for them to break into the best 22 with a match fit Jack Martin, Jesse Lonergan, Andrew Boston, Tommy Nichols + 2 x Rd 1 picks next draft who will all likely overtake them?

Luke Russell
Daniel Gorringe
Jack Hutchins
Thomas Murphy
Henry Schade
Tim Sumner
Seb Tape
Jeremy Taylor
Jackson Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad