2015 ATP World Tour 250/500 series thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting Karlovic to win the Croatia indoors quite comfortably.
Be interesting to see if Baghdatis can back up his AO form and how Coric goes

When's Cilic back on tour?

I am curious to see how he performs this year especially after winning the US open

I have very low expectations to be honest. His form dropped badly after the US. Looked second rate at the debacle that was the world tour finals

I have very low expectations to be honest. His form dropped badly after the US. Looked second rate at the debacle that was the world tour finals

It's disappointing, I was hoping he wouldnt be a one slam wonder. though he was injured recently, maybe he will do better later in the year

There's one player I would like to see back at his best, Del Potro. But seems like his injuries have ruined his career.

2015 Open Sud de France - Gasquet, Kohlschrieber and Sousa are the ones to watch but Monfils and Simon will be the favourites of this whole tournament. I'm expecting Simon to win this but very narrowly.

2015 PBZ Zagreb Indoors - Pity Cilic is still out and isn't returning for this tournament. Plenty of good players participating in this so it's hard to predict a winner. Karlovic is the highest seeded player but I'm not impressed by him though. Garcia-Lopez, Muller and Seppi are all real chances for mine. Both Garcia-Lopez and Muller have both come off solid Australian Open campaigns. My prediction is Muller wins this tournament and continues his good form in 2015.

2015 Ecuador Open Quito - Not a huge selection of great players but I think Verdasco is the safe pick here and he was quite good in the Australian Open until he was stopped in his tracks by Djokovic. Klizan is a dark horse who might surprise a few here.

Are they showing any of these tournaments on this week on ESPN or eurosport?

Nope, they have quarters and onwards of 500 events and all of the masters 1000. Fox do have some random 250 events but I don't think any this week. I use tennis tv.com which I'm sure is going to be used a ton with the Aussies climbing up the ranks

Jaziri retired after taking the first set against Istomin because he would have had to play Sela in the second round. Disgraceful move but unfortunately there isn't too much Jaziri can do about it.

Jaziri retired after taking the first set against Istomin because he would have had to play Sela in the second round. Disgraceful move but unfortunately there isn't too much Jaziri can do about it.
Politics/religion in sport have crossed paths in the past, sometimes in a Positive way, sometimes not.
Interesting reading an article that mentioned jaziri forfeited a 3rd round doubles match at the aus open where he was to face Elrich. Now with sela again there seems to be a clear directive from Tunisian officials

Politics/religion in sport have crossed paths in the past, sometimes in a Positive way, sometimes not.
Interesting reading an article that mentioned jaziri forfeited a 3rd round doubles match at the aus open where he was to face Elrich. Now with sela again there seems to be a clear directive from Tunisian officials
Awkward situation. Has this been happening throughout his career or just a recent thing?

I'm sorry, but why play for a country that forces him to pull out of events (costing him prizemoney and effecting personal well being). It's a form of corruption

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awkward situation. Has this been happening throughout his career or just a recent thing?
In 2013 he was scheduled to play an Israeli in a Challenger event (I believe it was Amir Weintraub but could be wrong) and he received an email from the Tunisian government ordering him not to play the match. His brother went public with the email and the ITF booted Tunisia from the 2014 Davis Cup. It seems they haven't learned their lesson.

The Estrella journey just keeps getting better. Lopez will be tough but it would be extraordinary if he could somehow manage to win a title at the age of 34 after being a journeyman on the challenger circuit for so long. Estrella will be playing in his country's first ever Challenger next week so this should be a great boost for that tournament as well.

Estrella really is a cool story, winning a title would be amazing but we'll see.

Rotterdam draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2015/407/mds.pdf

500 event so coverage on ESPN next weekend. Not a bad field with the likes of Murray, Berdych and Raonic

Memphis draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/share/event-draws.aspx?year=2015&eventid=402&draw=ms

Few australians here (with Kokkansis trying to qualify). Think Tomic and Groth can win their first rounders.

Sao Paulo Draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2015/533/mds.pdf

Lopez, Robredo & Fognini lead the field here.

Estrella ended up winning, great result.

Kokkinakis ended up qualifying. Faces another qualifier in kukla in the opening round. Tomic has got sisjling, groth has lu. All winnable matches for the Aussies and they play tonight/tomorrow morning our time.
Mad dog lost in straight sets in the 1st round to Brown. Unless marinko turns it around he will struggle with his ranking.

The tournament in Rotterdam has some great names, if you have tennis TV would definitely check it out.

Estrella ended up winning, great result.

Kokkinakis ended up qualifying. Faces another qualifier in kukla in the opening round. Tomic has got sisjling, groth has lu. All winnable matches for the Aussies and they play tonight/tomorrow morning our time.
Mad dog lost in straight sets in the 1st round to Brown. Unless marinko turns it around he will struggle with his ranking.

The tournament in Rotterdam has some great names, if you have tennis TV would definitely check it out.
Cool scored a good draw. Can't say I've heard of Kukla so by that logic Kokki should win :)

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 ATP World Tour 250/500 series thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back