2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Under 19's - Mont by 3 goals
Maggos - Greensie by 8 goals...unless Northcote fill up with seniors. Not sure how many qualify.
Big Dance - Macleod by 5 points. BOG Hobbs

Massive props to Greensborough 2 years straight with all 3 teams playing on the last day. Something to be very proud about.

Agreed - well done to Greensborough. Certainly is a great achievement. Haven't really put a foot wrong on or off the field. Hopefully Mont can pinch a win in the early game, but everything will have to go right. Good luck to all on Saturday.:thumbsu:

U/19's: Greensborough by 26 points
Mont to be leading at 3 qtr time, we all know the rest...................

Reserves: Greensborough by 19 points
Boro to get the one that got away last year, but not without a spirited Cougar effort. Eltham being dispatched last week has left this Boro's to lose.

Seniors: Greensborough by 25 points
Macleod will be with them for 3 and a bit quarters, but they'll be too hot and too good over the whole ground. Macleod's top 10 are as good as anyone's, but Boro's bottom 10 against Macleod's bottom 10 will be the difference in the end.

Last edited:
No changes to either team. Greensborough have got the jump on every game this year and Macleod reeled them in during both H&A games but couldn't sustain it in the final 2 weeks ago. If Macleod can settle early and restrict the fast starting Slime, this will go a long way towards achieving victory. Should be a great game. Hoping for a sunny, dry and windless day

Someone explain how the umpires are chosen for the Big Dance???? Please one umpire in particular cant run and does not move out of the centre square. If the ball gets to far away from him he pays free kicks...Surely there are younger umpires out there that can actually run...Anyone else agree

the greensborough slime against the rosanna trailer park boys.whos gunna win.truly don't care.lucky its boags to control the lads. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well done to Macleod, great achievement.

On the game, didn't really reach any dizzying heights, Macleod's pressure and intent early was great to see, really made a statement and set the tone for the day. They also had a few injury concerns, and were down to about 1 rotation by the end of the game, great effort.

Congratulations to Macleod on becoming Premiers!!

Great day out at Preston, nice day, big crowd and a good game of footy.

Why was the main scoreboard not operating? The small electronic one was bloody hard to see from where I was on the other side of the ground. Poor form by the NFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Macleod great to have another different premier. Such a good thing for the league when you have a team not paying stupid money with plenty of locals running around winning a flag. Not to mention boro and Eltham finishing 2nd and 3rd who also are the same!

Well done to Macleod great to have another different premier. Such a good thing for the league when you have a team not paying stupid money with plenty of locals running around winning a flag. Not to mention boro and Eltham finishing 2nd and 3rd who also are the same!

6 different premiers in 7 years says a lot on the strengths of the league! and no real blow outs either in that lot!

It would have been 7 in 7 if not for Monty's massive choke in the 2013 GF! bloody Monty!! ;)

Interesting fact. Exactly 10 years ago, Liam Brandt's half brother Jake king was also awarded the medal for best on ground in the Div 1 grand final between North Heidelberg and Heidelberg.

North were underdogs (pardon the pun) that day as were Mcleod today.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Someone explain how the umpires are chosen for the Big Dance???? Please one umpire in particular cant run and does not move out of the centre square. If the ball gets to far away from him he pays free kicks...Surely there are younger umpires out there that can actually run...Anyone else agree
flipping spot on. Adam Walker is too fat and slow for div 1

Such a great year for Division 1 with the best 2 teams in the Big Dance. Nothing but admiration for the clubs involved, the tireless work of the coaching staff, the volunteers, the sponsors, the committees and ultimately, the players who put on the show and make my Saturday afternoons such an enjoyable experience. I much prefer going to the local footy than AFL and im a proud Kanga this morning waking up knowing that the boys have created their little piece of history for everyone involved. The club has been through a lot of adversity this year and there will be a few people involved in the club looking down at you from the heavens with a humble smile - dont take life for granted. Well deserved boys, can't wait to unfurl that Premiership flag in our first home game next season. Congratations !

Congratulations Macleod. Very enjoyable game, and halfway through the third I though Boro had found their run and would come home strong in the last with the wind. Full credit to the Roos, they were brave and committed against their much bigger opponents.
Special merit to Rammo and Kane Shaw who are ripping fellas and I'm happy for them both.

Congratulations Macleod. Very enjoyable game, and halfway through the third I though Boro had found their run and would come home strong in the last with the wind. Full credit to the Roos, they were brave and committed against their much bigger opponents.
Special merit to Rammo and Kane Shaw who are ripping fellas and I'm happy for them both.
Was a great win for Macleod and highlights what can be achieved without breaking the bank! Certainly looked ominous halfway through the 3rd but credit to Gaz with a couple of great moves with Kane Shaw into the ruck and Langford down forward. Gary is a coach as good if not better than anyone who is ticks all the boxes as a coach and a person. Players have a want to do well for him and that's a special attribute to have.

Was a great win for Macleod and highlights what can be achieved without breaking the bank! Certainly looked ominous halfway through the 3rd but credit to Gaz with a couple of great moves with Kane Shaw into the ruck and Langford down forward. Gary is a coach as good if not better than anyone who is ticks all the boxes as a coach and a person. Players have a want to do well for him and that's a special attribute to have.

I was fortunate enough to have sneaked into the Macleod rooms before the match and Garry Ramsay gave out an amazing pre-match speech very inspirational, even got me wanting to go out there and play! was no surprise they got off to a good start after such a speech! clearly the players love playing for him and the club for that matter too. Absolutely great culture they have built should be applauded by all.

Garry Ramsay as well as Mario Bandera are two great coaches who execute awesome man management and are very inspirational to listen too especially on Grand Final day. It's great to have them coaching in the league.

Last edited:
Tim Bongetti totally lost his cool today for Seymour in a Goulburn Valley footy final. Went mad and yellow carded. I believe he is from the Northern league (Greensborough?) I understand he came to the GVFL with a good rep, but is this normal behaviour from him? Apologies for gatecrashing your list.

Tim Bongetti totally lost his cool today for Seymour in a Goulburn Valley footy final. Went mad and yellow carded. I believe he is from the Northern league (Greensborough?) I understand he came to the GVFL with a good rep, but is this normal behaviour from him? Apologies for gatecrashing your list.
Yes..The only suprising thing about this is it took until the finals to happen haha.

Yes..The only suprising thing about this is it took until the finals to happen haha.
Cheers watchdog. I support the mob who belted Seymour today. Hadn't seen him play but had heard he was a gun forward. Got frustrated and erupted in 3rd qtr. Yellow card, 50 metre penalty, goal, ... Saad Saad not much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back