2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

That's no way to speak to a lady. There must be some confusion think your have your bear caves mixed up I can't speak for banyule not involved there. We are in div2 and I certainly wasn't giving advice, just my opinion on a recruiting model

Just a heads up mate. The recruitment model your club is using isn't / hasn't worked

Ah the old model argument. I love this one. Over the last 25 years the three clubs you just mentioned have won two Divy 1 Premierships between them. Heidelberg has won six. Northcote Park have won six. I know whose model I would prefer. I think Heidelberg know how to build champ. They slogged it out in the early 00s before they had their success. Same goes now, adding a couple of VFL players to a good developing list. You might want to learn some DVFL/NFL history before you start potting 140 year old clubs.

PS - I hear you blokes have picked up the biggest cat in the valley (Russell Lee). He was good ten years ago when he had some pretty handy players to protect him (Trewy, Kristian Pascoe etc). Might struggle in divy 3 with Gilesy and those other cabbages by his side.

Unfortunately winnings flags will never amount to having a good culture, something Heidelberg don't/will never have.

Heidelberg don't "build", they buy. Greensborough and Macleod are two great examples of what "building" a premiership side looks like (the latter more so). Macleod's success is hinged on development and patience, not purely $$$$$$, which let's face it, if the cash wasn't there (and NP for that matter) we wouldn't be talking about how many flags they had won.

But the revolving door continues down at the Den, gets more of a workout than Warringal Plaza.

Unfortunately winnings flags will never amount to having a good culture, something Heidelberg don't/will never have.

Heidelberg don't "build", they buy. Greensborough and Macleod are two great examples of what "building" a premiership side looks like (the latter more so). Macleod's success is hinged on development and patience, not purely $$$$$$, which let's face it, if the cash wasn't there (and NP for that matter) we wouldn't be talking about how many flags they had won.

But the revolving door continues down at the Den, gets more of a workout than Warringal Plaza.

Heidelberg have a great culture Basil, not sure why anyone would think otherwise. Established in 1876, tell me of any other club in our comp that have existed for 139 years? They must be doing something right...

Turnover of players would be no more than any other top club.

Are clubs actually trying to win or are they just happy to make up the numbers?

Righto Basil. I've been around footy clubs long enough to know about culture. Heidelberg has one of the best. Shit clubs don't last for 140 years. I love it when someone creates a bigfooty account for the sole purpose of bagging HFC. Reminds me of the glory years (2006,07,08,09)

Righto Basil. I've been around footy clubs long enough to know about culture. Heidelberg has one of the best. Shit clubs don't last for 140 years. I love it when someone creates a bigfooty account for the sole purpose of bagging HFC. Reminds me of the glory years (2006,07,08,09)

I'm not doubting your history, it's a fantastic effort for a club to be around for 140yrs, but the facts are it's all about sustainability, Cleary you can't stay competitive without splashing the cash (proven by this year), so you have had to call in the bank to "build" your succession plan again.

I'm not doubting your history, it's a fantastic effort for a club to be around for 140yrs, but the facts are it's all about sustainability, Cleary you can't stay competitive without splashing the cash (proven by this year), so you have had to call in the bank to "build" your succession plan again.
Mate, last time i looked Heidelberg didn't make the finals and were way off the mark. They have lost four of there best players, Looby, Kennedy, Bower and Archer. Looks like some pretty good recruiting from where i sit. Why don't you let us know which club your from big boy and we can asses your qualifications as a NFL critic.

I find it amusing that last year was one of the first in a long time Heidelberg have opted to not heavily recruit and see how far they can go with what they have. They didn't make finals so what happens? Ol' Trevor comes back again to get them out of a rut. Obviously if everyone had money they would buy the best team they could. What people get frustrated at is that for a long time now Heidelberg will buy 3-5 guns at the start of the year and go deep into finals, but are yet to win a flag with what they have developed I.e your boros or macleods.

Mate, last time i looked Heidelberg didn't make the finals and were way off the mark. They have lost four of there best players, Looby, Kennedy, Bower and Archer. Looks like some pretty good recruiting from where i sit. Why don't you let us know which club your from big boy and we can asses your qualifications as a NFL critic.
Where have the four players departing landed? Dan Connors confirmed

Might be wrong with the ponts system but the 8 players named in the article going to hfc will make up about 30 of the 50 points allowed. Might be hard to fit another 14 players under 20 points. Also even though the salay cap doesnt come in till 2017 they still need to declare payments to the league next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be wrong with the ponts system but the 8 players named in the article going to hfc will make up about 30 of the 50 points allowed. Might be hard to fit another 14 players under 20 points. Also even though the salay cap doesnt come in till 2017 they still need to declare payments to the league next season.

Nolan and Symes would be worth one point wouldnt they?

Love how the heidelberg faithful have their rose tinted glasses on. No culture and no depth past their best 30 players from seniors/reserves/19s combined

How can you say no culture and no depth at Heidelberg for a club that's been going 130 odd years compare that with your club ohh that's right you have the rose tinted glasses on now, Drainbead I think you are favourite to win flog ninja of the year award

How can you say no culture and no depth at Heidelberg for a club that's been going 130 odd years compare that with your club ohh that's right you have the rose tinted glasses on now, Drainbead I think you are favourite to win flog ninja of the year award
Its all to do with relativity to be honest. You can wind back 130 years if you want, still doesnt change the fact that heidelberg year in and year out splash cash. Last year the chequebook was nowhere to be seen and obviously didnt get the results desired.

Its more or less just an observation rather than tall poppy syndrome. Dont get me wrong, hats off to the tigers for having such a good succession plan thats obviously bank rolled by the pres for so many years.

Will be interesting to see how teams, particularly Heidelberg tackle the points system. Will we see more under the table stuff?

Glad ive hit a nerve :)

Its all to do with relativity to be honest. You can wind back 130 years if you want, still doesnt change the fact that heidelberg year in and year out splash cash. Last year the chequebook was nowhere to be seen and obviously didnt get the results desired.

Its more or less just an observation rather than tall poppy syndrome. Dont get me wrong, hats off to the tigers for having such a good succession plan thats obviously bank rolled by the pres for so many years.

Will be interesting to see how teams, particularly Heidelberg tackle the points system. Will we see more under the table stuff?

Glad ive hit a nerve :)

It is exactly tall poppy syndrome.

Not sure how a club can keep the points system under the table. Payments would be similar to last season.

You worry about how your club is tracking and we will worry about us. You have beaten us once in 20 years, so I don't think you are quite ready to be handing out the advice!

It is exactly tall poppy syndrome.

Not sure how a club can keep the points system under the table. Payments would be similar to last season.

You worry about how your club is tracking and we will worry about us. You have beaten us once in 20 years, so I don't think you are quite ready to be handing out the advice!

Whack!!!!!!!

If any of the other clubs in Division 1 could do what heidelberg do, they would.

No need to have a dig at the club that has the balls to do it.

They dont have great juniors so they need to do other things to be successful, which they have done brilliantly in recent times.

Its not like other clubs arent recruiting. Ellard getting $2000 a game is obscene

Well I'm not sure how you blokes are going to feel when you find out Trevor Barrot has consigned a small branch of his logistics empire ($5m turnover) to the HFC, with all profits going directly into the HFC coffers. Sounds sustainable to me.

Curious to wonder how many homegrown/juniors now play at Warringal and have gone through the ranks?
Doubt many in the seniors have played juniors at HJFC if any, however about 20 local boys who played juniors at banyule or nearby are in the senior squad having a quick look at their playing list on their website. The 19s and majority of the reserves are all local.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back