List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
6c761ee4426873823a5fc509431328d205f535a6ca2a40149f8f0b704f0b6718.jpg

Has to be the draft with the least knowledge of what is going to happen... We are 1 day out and nobody really has any idea and listening to Brett Andersen today on SEN he said that it has been almost impossible to get any idea about what we are doing... All of the journos have literally run with a whim that we are going to take the bigger bodied Oliver... Will admit though after finding another highlights video to the one that got posted here, it made me a lot keener on Oliver. Looks like an absolute bull and used the footy really well as well as being good overhead (a lot of Brayshaw about him). And I think the difference is he can come in and play straight away where as I think Parish will struggle until he can put on some size. Have certainly moved to the Oliver camp
Also its Weideman over Curnow for me, but thats based mostly on limited highlights video and also Weidemans size advantage, think he could easily become the best Key Forward from this draft... time will tell..

At least I'm super confident that Taylor will take best available and that is all I want...

God damnit JT will be tossing and turning tonight. As a matter of fact so will we.
That's what draft eve is all about.

Every year we're like a bunch of expectant kids, our fingers are crossed that we get Red Megaman but we're worried we may end up with Ants In the Pants.

It's reached maximum anxiety levels for me now.

If we do not take Oliver with out first pick it will be Ollie Wines all over again. I cannot accept this.

Don't play with our hearts JT :cry::hearts::fire:

Ok so my mate at GWS completed his last mock draft yesterday and they had weideman at our 1st, and Oliver at 2nd. The theory is weideman will not be at our 2nd whereas one of parish or Oliver will be. This is still only a
Mock but he said for them there are 7-8 players that are guaranteed won't be here for them and it's about eliminating those.

It maybe a month out but it may as well, read hopefully, apply here: "And on Draft Day so they say. Melbournes' List Strength grew three sizes that Day"
The only headline I'm anticipating a month out from now is 'Melbourne's first pick in 2015 draft ruled out for 2016 with season-ending injury'.

The only headline I'm anticipating a month out from now is 'Melbourne's first pick in 2015 draft ruled out for 2016 with season-ending injury'.

Ahhhhh. The Ol' MFCSS in full effect I see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so my mate at GWS completed his last mock draft yesterday and they had weideman at our 1st, and Oliver at 2nd. The theory is weideman will not be at our 2nd whereas one of parish or Oliver will be. This is still only a
Mock but he said for them there are 7-8 players that are guaranteed won't be here for them and it's about eliminating those.

But what if Essendon took Oliver and Parish? two of the best mids apart from the academy players? not against Weideman and Francis/Milera but I still think for us our midfield is where we need the most work.

I personally would go for Oliver/Parish and then see if Weideman/Francis at 7.

Ideally would love Oliver and Francis.

But what if Essendon took Oliver and Parish? two of the best mids apart from the academy players? not against Weideman and Francis/Milera but I still think for us our midfield is where we need the most work.

I personally would go for Oliver/Parish and then see if Weideman/Francis at 7.

Ideally would love Oliver and Francis.
I feel like Francis will be a fantastic player but we traded our 1rd pick for next year so we may not get a look at another KPF for a while. Need support for Hoges

I don't think we'd be taking Curnow at 7. Milera is probably a back-op
Didn't Emma Quayle have Melbourne picking wines to go with viney? Also someone said something about Oliver reminding them of Brock McLean. I have the same thoughts, for me its the bolter factor, though 2003 draft was extremely weak.

Oliver's got a nice side step and explosive power in close which Brock never really had. He's shown that he can be very effective up forward with his marking ability and nous around the goals. Again, traits Brock never displayed.

I do though have a sensible chuckle every now and then when I think back to 2008 when we played Brock as a lead up forward against Richmond. Those were the days.. To be fair to Brock though, I think he still had better hands than Dawes.

This is exactly what i'm hoping for.

I feel like Francis will be a fantastic player but we traded our 1rd pick for next year so we may not get a look at another KPF for a while. Need support for Hoges

Yeah but what I am saying is that if we take Weideman and Essendon take Parish and Oliver we then have to take Francis/Milera...helps our forward line but not our midfield.

I would prefer to get one of the best mids in the draft and take someone like Milera.

Who knows, there are so many different outcomes this will be very interesting.

Yeah but what I am saying is that if we take Weideman and Essendon take Parish and Oliver we then have to take Francis/Milera...helps our forward line but not our midfield.

I would prefer to get one of the best mids in the draft and take someone like Milera.

Who knows, there are so many different outcomes this will be very interesting.

I know if Weideman is available we'll take him. He just makes me feel uneasy. His poor endurance is a red flag. Maybe I am just paranoid seeing other KPF careers ruined by injury

People think because he is 186cm he is going to be a Fyfe type .. we recruited two people last year who are the same size. Oliver is no speed demon and is very similar to Petracca

Petracca and Brayshaw are both same size @186 and 187cm respectively.

I am sure we will go with the best pure mid, which is Parish .. @180 cm he will most likely have another growth spurt ...

Then at pick 7 we will go best tall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back