List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know. I'd guess anywhere from 10-20 minutes after 7pm. Everyone from the Hawks to the umpires bootstudders need to be thanked/congratulated first..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...oliver-hopes-not/story-e6frf3e3-1227620950125

Article about Morrish Medalists being drafted. Fair to say its not been a guarantee of success for whoever wins it, probably more of the opposite ... if we do take Oliver, lets hope he's more a Heppell than a, everyone else who has won it in the last 10 years or so.

Meanwhile, how a player by the name of Fortunato Caruso wasn't drafted is beyond me ... has cult figure written all over him!

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Clayton Oliver has been on Fox Footy's Facebook page responding to people who are talking about him.

Oliver has had a good couple of months and might go on to be a champ and to be honest I hope he does. I prefer to pick player that are consistent have runs on the board over a couple of years (Parish has done this) ..

Oliver also had his preseason and the early part of his season ruined by injury. Hard to impress when you're not out on the park.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Clayton Oliver has been on Fox Footy's Facebook page responding to people who are talking about him.

Hopefully he's not saying anything dumb. You'd think the players would just want to avoid anything to do with social media on draft day.

That's Adelaide time, starts 7pm if you're in Vic. Coverage starts at 6:30pm but the actual draft is at 7pm.

Last edited:
I wonder if we've considered Mitchell Hibberd @ 7. Hawks have apparently put a lot of work into him and it's fair to say their recruiting people have an eye for talent. Very good endurance athlete and a quality user of the ball and decision maker off half back. Perhaps a bit reminiscent of Grant Birchall? Reckon we'll still go Weideman if available @ 7, but it opens up after that in terms of our options...
Most unlikely to happen as it's been reported that the club is only interested in two of Parish, Oliver, Milera, Weiderman, Francis and Curnow. I'd be very happy if we did take Hibberd at 7 though. I see Francis as a clear stand out and still hope we draft him at 3 but I consider Milera and Hibberd to be the next best after him.

Interestingly, one of the posters on the Phantom Draft board (maybe Quigley), didn't post a phantom draft but instead listed the players in order of what he considered to be their ability. If every team agreed with him and made their choices in that order, including academy bids and matched bids, we would end up with Francis and Hibberd. Of course it won't happen, but IMO it wouldn't be a bad result if it did.

Is there anywhere to watch or listen to it over the internet. I'm in Brisbane so doubt it's on radio up up here.

Its on the AFL Live Pass as well ... but if you don't have that or Foxtel, might be best to head to a pub somewhere and ask them to put it on for you ... you'll struggle for much more coverage than that up here sadly.

Cheers, AFL live pass might be the go.

Working up here for a few weeks and the boss has me in some cheap apartment which means no foxtel

Not the end of the world if I don't see is, as long as we get some guns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still thinking Parish. He seems pretty cocky and a bit of a w***er. In my experience fortune favours such types so he'll obviously be a gun

I'm still thinking Parish. He seems pretty cocky and a bit of a ******. In my experience fortune favours such types so he'll obviously be a gun

Agree with that! A few weeks ago Parish was the only option for our first midfield selection... in the last week or so the media has swung everyone toward Oliver. Regardless, both would be handy and I wont cry myself to sleep tonight if we take Oliver over Parish!

I'm still thinking Parish. He seems pretty cocky and a bit of a ******. In my experience fortune favours such types so he'll obviously be a gun
Still thinking Darcy will be called out by Roosy.

I'm more intrigued by who we're going to pick w/h 46 & 50 tbh. That is a 'complete' mystery.

I'm very bored so trying to work out which comic hero we should take at pick 3. I've settled on superman because he's already red and blue, and flying seems more useful then webs and climbing up stuff

Since we've invested in the last two years getting Melkshakes and Lumumbles, and retained Hunt, White and Grimes, I can't see us recruiting another player early who plays off the half back. So I don't think we'll get Francis or Hibberd.

If we pass on Oliver now I'll flip my ****ing lid.

No leaking is great and all and it's good being a 'professional club' but gee its not good for the heart having to wait till the final bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back