List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, for those interested, here are some names of some people we could be looking to get with picks 46 and 50 (which will end up like 36 and 40 or so) and my thoughts on them:

Matthew Allen
192cm and growing Key Forward from country South Australia, kicked 26 goals in 5 games so can play. Has a very nice long left kick, and neat set of hands. Perhaps not as dominant as some of the other key forwards, and needs to put on some weight. Expected to go 40-60 though if we get two mids at 3 and 7 we could look at him as a possible option.

Riley Bonner
190cm tall defender with a good long left kick but can also kick in his right. Similar style of defender to Colin Garland.

David Cunningham

Good reader of the play, 182cm, super quick, clean hands. Questionable kick though. Would prefer we pass. Could be gone before our pick anyway.

Tom Cole

185cm Medium defender who's bolted. Got some skill although not a huge accumulator. Am open to it, although it's not a position I think we need more of. Some think we may bolt to late first round, but could also still be available come our 3rd selection. Hard to say.

Ryan Clarke
Likely to be gone before our selection, if not though we must grab. Elite endurance, quick. Poor man's Stephen Hill.

Greg Clark
Divisive. Tall and quick 194cm midfielder who captained WA, but not overly dominant. Pass.

Yestin Eades

Indigenous late bloomer. Bit of a troubled background, moved from WA to Ballarat. Bit of x factor. Medium sized forward. Didn't have an amazing carnival, doesn't win a lot of it. Perhaps pass.

Davin Ferreria

Indigenous player from NT who moved to SA.Have watched this guy play for Norwood firsthand. I love him. I already think he's better than JKH. Small forward with pace, really smart user who runs around the middle sometimes too, SANFL proven. Also a surprisingly good overhead mark for his 173cm stature. Yes from me

Kieran Lovell
Tasmanian captain. 173cm 79 kg. Excellent ball winner, excellent ball user, good maneuverer, already shows a lot of leadership. Big yes from me, I really hope we draft him.

Oleg Markov
Mentioned him before. May not get drafted, and to be honest I'd rather we rookie him than draft in the national draft, but the guy can play. Overaged player who plays as a third forward type, great leap, good kick, 187cm, 75kg. Excellent athlete, kicked 5 goals against Vic Metro. Would be happy to rookie him. Downside, he has a horrible mo.

Sam Menegola

Big bodied mature age midfielder in the WAFL. Has been on Hawks and Freos rookie lists before. Dominated this year. Would be a similar type pick up to Vandenburg. Undecided

Cale Morton
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gach Nyuon
I'd rather we past to be honest. A bit like Majak Daw. Good leap, can win a hitout, but not much else to his game. Very weak year for ruckmen. Pass.

Andre Parella
Similar to Nyuon, SA's main ruck. Averaged 28 hitouts but only 4.7 disposals. 204cm and 103kg. Pass.

Luke Partington
181cm 77kg. A discount Darcy Parish. Has played senior football with Norwood. Can win the ball on the inside but has elite endurance and spreads well from the contest. A true wing player. Could be available, could also be gone before our pick. Big yes from me if he is available however, assuming we don't draft Parish.

Darcy Tucker
May be gone before our pick. Good rebounding half back player. Probably a pass from me though just because we have several similar types of players.

Warming to us moving up for Harry Mckay At 7. Is an underager and could really benefit from a year or two at VFL level like Hogan. He would have been in next years draft if he was 2 weeks younger and really that means he could develop a heap in that type.

Oliver

Went best available and snagged a mid, i'm happy.

7 we can relax with and just go with the flow. KPF gives us balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back