2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

NITV have been showing NEAFL replays of NT games... Hope to catch a Lions one soon!!

Even though I won't be able to make any of the games I'm quite looking forward to the write ups that the reserve watchers put up. As already noted half our list has been turned over in two years this we will have quote a young group taking the field in the reserves so expecting not the best of years win wise but their continued development. For some reason, and have absolutely nothing to go on, think our two rookies in Beasley and Evans will do quite well for us.

For some reason, and have absolutely nothing to go on, think our two rookies in Beasley and Evans will do quite well for us.

I've only been to a few training sessions, but Billy Evans has been a real stand out.

Was in a drill with the small forwards where they were to crumb a contest and kick the goal where he just seemed to read the ball very well and finished it off very well. The best of the group he was in kicking 6 from 7. Other were kicking 3 or 4 from the 7 shots.... (Green, Robinson & Zorko were part of that group.

Could be a good prospect for sure!!

Practice matches schedule here.
Shame our first game isn't a week earlier, like last year & have it at the same day & venue as the NAB game.
For those who aren't Burpengaryphobic, that's our intraclub on the 20th of Feb, NAB on the 28th and ressies practice on the 7th of March.
3 weeks running for hitouts at "The B".:thumbsu::footy:

Shame our first game isn't a week earlier, like last year & have it at the same day & venue as the NAB game.
For those who aren't Burpengaryphobic, that's our intraclub on the 20th of Feb, NAB on the 28th and ressies practice on the 7th of March.

I'll be heading to the big B for the NAB game, can't wait!

Thank goodness you mentioned the intraclub is there.

I would have gone to Coorparoo....

Looks like a long drive from the south coast to the north coast!!

10am start on that Friday right??

Yep.
Thought you must have known the venue when you said you were going. Only another 35 minutes up the road;) as long as no-one crashes:rolleyes::straining:

I haven't seen anything else on it... Checked the website, but couldn't find it..

It's not that bad from the GC... 75 minutes maybe...

I'll leave at 4am to beat the traffic (Is it that bad??)

I haven't seen anything else on it... Checked the website, but couldn't find it..

It's not that bad from the GC... 75 minutes maybe...

I'll leave at 4am to beat the traffic (Is it that bad??)
Like any city, worst is inbound in the morning, so you'll be hitting the worst of it from about Loganholme to Mt Gravatt, I imagine. Once on the Gateway, should be a breeze. I would allow an extra 15 minutes to normal, so not terrible.*

I don't travel around much these days, so some assumptions are being made.
Bucking Beads drives around a lot for work, he might offer a better insight, but then you've probably done that southside stretch a few times too by the sound of it.

Yeah, Loganholme can get nasty, but that should be it I hope.. Not sure how the Gateway goes though, probably a bit painful.. Won't be bad enough tomato me not go though!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Loganholme can get nasty, but that should be it I hope.. Not sure how the Gateway goes though, probably a bit painful.. Won't be bad enough tomato me not go though!!

I get on the gateway at Carindale and its all against traffic all the way to caboolture, so nothing to worry about there. Springwood will be the biggest holdup. My boss drives from sanctuary cove to caboolture and takes about 1 1/2 hours or a touch more depending on what time he is travelling (if he gets caught up in a bit of traffic at springwood.)

Victor Bray used to have a tomato farm up that way, but it has been sold for housing, I believe.;)
So bring my own tomatoes for my salad sandwiches??

What the heck did I mean to type??

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back