2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hipwood was terrific from what I saw. He competes really hard for someone with such a slender build. He has that competitive edge that seems to really lack with a lot of these 195-200+ KPP's coming through the ranks. He will be a great get for us once he puts a little bit on and gets stuck into pre season.

Is he comparable to Gunston build-wise?

Average under pressure maybe?

His second goal in the 4th QTR had loads of pressure on it, they were down by 23 points at 3 QTR time, he kicked the 2nd goal of the QTR for Aspley to bring them within 10, it was a tough mark firstly then went back and slotted it from about 45 on a pretty tough angle. Never looked like missing.

His second goal in the 4th QTR had loads of pressure on it, they were down by 23 points at 3 QTR time, he kicked the 2nd goal of the QTR for Aspley to bring them within 10, it was a tough mark firstly then went back and slotted it from about 45 on a pretty tough angle. Never looked like missing.
by pressure he means in game pressure not match situation pressure

i believe his field kicking is abit wayward. Set shots seem good.

weird, from most reviews theyve said hes got a pretty average kick

Hipwood has one of the best looking kicks I have seen from a player his size. Really relaxed and stylish kicking action. With the growth spurt though I think he has not yet fully acclimated to the longer time it takes for the ball to get to his boot. Some of his kicks a fantastic stab passes that nail that nail the target. He does miss the target a fair bit though. Also coming out of defense he takes really aggressive options and sometimes his execution does not meet his endeavour. I don't mind it though provided he continues to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back