2nds 2015 NEAFL discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Your forward line looks imposing, could cause trouble for our short defence.

B: G.Broughton, C.Cameron, J.Macansh
HB: D.Mutu, H.Schade, L.Russell
C: J.Ellis, J.Lonergan, A.Raines
HF: D.Stanley, S.Day, L.Herbert
F: D.Gorringe, P.Wright, J.Hall
Foll: K.Brooksby, J.Glenn, M.Hallahan

Int: D.Charlesworth, M.Daniel, S.Fahey, T.Jones

B: A.Davis, X.Richards, H.Marsh
HB: J.Foote, S.McLaren, Z.Jones
C: B.Jack, A.Goodes, D.Robinson
HF: W.Taylor, T.Nankervis, J.Rose
F: E.Sertbas, T.Derickx, N.Foster
Foll: S.Naismith, G.Hewett, T.Mitchell

Int: J.Campbell, Z.Fyffe, A.Sierakowski, M.Wilson
It look a bit too tall to me.

T.Mitchell is a very interesting topic on the Swans board. When is he contracted till?? It would be wearing very thin now surely.
end of 2016.

Your forward line looks imposing, could cause trouble for our short defence.

B: G.Broughton, C.Cameron, J.Macansh
HB: D.Mutu, H.Schade, L.Russell
C: J.Ellis, J.Lonergan, A.Raines
HF: D.Stanley, S.Day, L.Herbert
F: D.Gorringe, P.Wright, J.Hall
Foll: K.Brooksby, J.Glenn, M.Hallahan

Int: D.Charlesworth, M.Daniel, S.Fahey, T.Jones

B: A.Davis, X.Richards, H.Marsh
HB: J.Foote, S.McLaren, Z.Jones
C: B.Jack, A.Goodes, D.Robinson
HF: W.Taylor, T.Nankervis, J.Rose
F: E.Sertbas, T.Derickx, N.Foster
Foll: S.Naismith, G.Hewett, T.Mitchell

Int: J.Campbell, Z.Fyffe, A.Sierakowski, M.Wilson

We seem to be missing a few there , maybe injuries ? Cant see Nicholls or Leslie , and Bozzo still on the sidelines.

That was the team I saw yesterday. Today's team has Leslie in it, and Boston as an emergency!

B: Ellis, Schade, Herbert
HB: Broughton, Leslie, Cameron
C: Russell, Raines, Lonergan
HF: Macansh, J.Hall, Stanley
F: Fahey, Wright, Day
Foll: Brooksby, Glenn, Hallahan

Int: Gorringe, Mutu, Charlesworth, Jones

Emg: Boston, Daniel, Newman

Can't see Josh Fraser keeping his job beyond this season. No matter what excuses are thrown up regarding lack of personnel. We need a hard-ass assistant coach to get these young players playing hard, contested competitive footy that will hold them in better stead when they get the call up for the Senior side. Josh just seems like too much of a nice guy. Nothing wrong with that, but not what our coaching panel needs.

We need a hard-ass assistant coach to get these young players playing hard, contested competitive footy that will hold them in better stead when they get the call up for the Senior side.
This is one of our biggest issues that I've said all along. It's all well and good having a great AFL coach, but when the NEAFL coach is completely inept at his job and is totally out of his depth, then it's an issue. AFL-listed players playing at NEAFL level should have a coach that knows how to run a side, and knows how to develop young talent to become stars.

Fraser deserves no more leeway.

In fact, the whole coaching staff needs to be looked at. Rocket needs to bring in people that he wants.

I reckon we also need an experienced fwd line coach.

A retired successful key fwd would be awesome to mold Lynch, Dixon, Wright, Day, etc into the potent fwd line they should be. Just don't think they are getting the expert guidance to bring out thier best with the current assistant coaches.
Not to mention a decent midfield and skills coach to help with the delivery into the forward line. We could have Gaz Sr, Dunstall and Plugger down there tonight and they'd still struggle to get the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention a decent midfield and skills coach to help with the delivery into the forward line. We could have Gaz Sr, Dunstall and Plugger down there tonight and they'd still struggle to get the ball.
Think you find it has nothing to do with coaches - need to remember we have the least resources out of all clubs in their reserves - Senior assistants seem fine and pretty experienced really compared to a lot of clubs. NEAFL coaches maybe a little inexperienced but otherwise just poor depth I reckon and not much passion. Harty was good at driving the young lads. But I am surprised that when we have 15 or more listed we still get spanked!!

ugyKz1J.png

BROOKERS!

Can anyone see us promoting Brooksby while we have 2 Fit ruckman at our disposal , even though he is killing it in ressies.

Not particually.. Glenn has my vote with his clean disposal..
Raines would just be a stop gap filler..
Wouldnt really be benifical long term.

Agree on Raines.
Would also be hard to upgrade a ruckman this early when there are 3 fit ones running around (Brooksby turns 25 today; happy birthday mate). Nicholls and Gorringe probably need a crack at 1st ruck.

So Glenn for me, provided he really can kick. Plus he has only been in our system for 6 months so he probably can still hit a target under pressure.

PS. Day got injured apparently so game stats above might be misleading.

Bris v GC
B: J.McGuinness, J.Bourke, H.Beasley
HB: R.Harwood, J.Watts, J.Rolls
C: J.Aish, M.Leuenberger, Z.O'Brien
HF: J.Clayton, R.Lester, B.Evans
F: M.Hammelmann, L.Dawson, L.McGuane
Foll: N.Dennis, E.Hipwood, C.Wagner

Int: R.William, B.Keays, J.Allison, N.Weller
Emg: I.Edwards, O.Ritchie, J.Watson

B: J.Ellis, J.Hall, L.Herbert
HB: S.Tape, J.Leslie, C.Cameron
C: L.Russell, A.Raines, D.Budarick