NFL 2015 NFL - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Once we get rid of Worrilow and Biermann we will probably win the Super Bowl.

Demarco Murray average rushing yards vs Giants in 2014 - 124.5
Dallas Cowboys rushing yards vs Giants today - 80

:thumbsu:
Demarco Murray average rushing yards in 2014 - 115.3 yards per game (4.7 per carry)
Demarco Murray today - 9 yards per game (1.1 per carry)

:thumbsu:

Yeah Warrilow was clearly your best LB today. Dunno what you guys are thinking dropping Biermann into coverage though. Was completely lost

Yeah Warrilow was clearly your best LB today. Dunno what you guys are thinking dropping Biermann into coverage though. Was completely lost
To be fair Sproles makes most linebackers look silly, but that whiffed tackle on Murray was shocking.

Urgh!

Left after the 3rd quarter today for a medical appointment. Came home so sore that I ended up dropping a pill and having a sleep for a few hours - I literally couldn't have sat in my chair.

I'm glad I slept before I watched the end of the game, cos damn it flattened me out. Having spent the whole second half almost taking for granted that the offence playing like that would beat anyone, that missed kick and the INT to finish it was quite the kick in the guts!

After today, and after the pre-season that he had, Cody Parkey is a very easy scapegoat. I'd be shocked if we see him again for the Eagles.

Now, admittedly, these pills take a good 8-10 hours to sleep off, and I only slept for about 3 hours. But given the insomniac that I am, that I went straight to the Vikings/9ers game and was asleep before the Hayne fumble is an indictment on that game.

I woke up and have watched the rest of it. Even as big of a Bridgewater fan as I am, that game was complete arse with the exception of the interest in the RBs. Hyde looks like a monster. I know it was ADs first game in a year, but I didn't expect that Hyde would make him look pedestrian!

It took me 15 minutes to catch up on this thread... I'll see if I can be bothered with the Hayne thread later in the week. The only thing I really wanted to say was that, during the 3rd quarter, he picked up a blitzer and gave Kap another half a second to a second. I thought it was the most encouraging thing I've seen him do so far in the NFL, because it's a learned football skill, as opposed to being a "translated" rugby league skill.

nobbyiscool

Chip has already publicly backed Parkey with confidence. He will play again but Im sure his leash is short

AP_985179572047.focus-none.fill-735x490.jpg
GUS RUELAS/AP
Party bus!

SEPTEMBER 17, 2015

NFL admits the officials handed the Cowboys a win
EAGLES NFL PHILADELPHIA COWBOYS

BY JIMMY KEMPSKI
PhillyVoice Staff

It wasn't just Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin who completely botched what should have been a Giants win over the Cowboys Sunday night. The officials also made two enormous errors that handed the Cowboys the win.

According to Kim Jones of NFL Network, the officials should not have flagged Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for pass interference in the end zone, which led to a Cowboys TD, and they should have flagged the Cowboys for holding TE Daniel Fells on Eli Manning's terrible decision to pass at the end of the game.

NFL acknowledged to NYG that in Sunday loss, officials blew 2 calls in end zone: DRC didn't commit PI & Daniel Fells was held on last pass.

— Kimberly Jones (@KimJonesSports) September 17, 2015
Here's the awful pass interference call that shouldn't have been against Rodgers-Cromartie:

DRC-call.gif

That occurred on 3rd down. The Cowboys likely would have attempted a field goal if the officials didn't mess this up. Instead, they got the ball with 1st and goal from the one, and eventually scored. That was four free points for the Cowboys, at a minimum.

And here's the holding non-call on Barry Church, who was mugging Fells.

Church.gif

You could have taken your pick on what to call here. Holding? Yep. Illegal contact? Sure. Clearly they're more than five yards past the line of scrimmage.

Fells.focus-none.width-800.PNG

That would have been a first down, which would have allowed the Giants to kneel it three times, thus ending the game. Instead, the Cowboys are *1-0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved the new uniforms...

tempX1TL1537--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Yes please!

I sense you also like being tied up, blind folded, whipped until you bleed, and laundry pegs attached to your nipples? :rainbow::D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2015 NFL - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back