2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

"Jimmy" won't have their club umpire and dodgy timekeeper to get them through the finals series. No chance of the flag.
fruitcake you had 10 times the amount of shots at goals than my mob you got your fair share of the rub with the whistle and if your referring to the yellow card well lucky it was me and not a aflq umpire he would have been serving time starting next season for elbowing the face.
Jimboomba got the chocolates but I really wonder if 8 guys from uq had been able to kick straight from 20 out who would of won.
see ya next year sleep tight

So it all comes down to this. Jimboomba v UQ. Woodsmen notched a big win, so this afternoons game decides who finishes second. Live scoring on the AFLQ website. Must be blowing a gale. Jimboomba didnt score in the second quarter, and UQ have kicked 2 goals 8. How does a quarter end after 17 minutes though ??
So it all comes down to this. Jimboomba v UQ. Woodsmen notched a big win, so this afternoons game decides who finishes second. Live scoring on the AFLQ website. Must be blowing a gale. Jimboomba didnt score in the second quarter, and UQ have kicked 2 goals 8. How does a quarter end after 17 minutes though ??
mate I was doing the online scoring and the internet stopped working just before the quarter started didn't get it back on until 2 mins in to the quarter that way the time is out online.

fruitcake you had 10 times the amount of shots at goals than my mob you got your fair share of the rub with the whistle and if your referring to the yellow card well lucky it was me and not a aflq umpire he would have been serving time starting next season for elbowing the face.
Jimboomba got the chocolates but I really wonder if 8 guys from uq had been able to kick straight from 20 out who would of won.
see ya next year sleep tight

That's exactly my point, a side that isn't even finals bound had plenty of opportunities to beat "your mob" (nice phrasing for an "impartial" club umpire by the way). How are they going to go against the top sides without their home ground advantages?

Last edited:
I think you have to give them the benifit of the doubt with the time keeping. Can't imagine a volunteer ( who does all the jobs so we can play every week ) taking 3 minutes off a quarter when they know its on the Internet for everyone to see.

As for knowing it was going to be a Kedron and us ( woodsmen ) 1 and 2 at the end of the season. We didn't think we had at chance of 2nd a the beginning of last weeks game.

I pick Zilmere and jimboomba to go through next week. But wouldn't be a huge shock if I was wrong.

I think you have to give them the benifit of the doubt with the time keeping. Can't imagine a volunteer ( who does all the jobs so we can play every week ) taking 3 minutes off a quarter when they know its on the Internet for everyone to see.

As for knowing it was going to be a Kedron and us ( woodsmen ) 1 and 2 at the end of the season. We didn't think we had at chance of 2nd a the beginning of last weeks game.

I pick Zilmere and jimboomba to go through next week. But wouldn't be a huge shock if I was wrong.
Mate as I said above I was doing the online scores and the internet dropped out and it went back to the first quarter

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-09-18-07-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-09-18-07-07.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 8
Just quietly, i reckon Fitzgibbon is a chance to kick the 15 he needs to overtake Widt in the goalkicking tomorrow. ...
Your always around the mark with your prediction's mate. He got 17 and good luck to him. He is a ripper of a person and is very humble. Never wants an award and always treats everyone with respect. We should all be so lucky to have people like him in our teams.

Your always around the mark with your prediction's mate. He got 17 and good luck to him. He is a ripper of a person and is very humble. Never wants an award and always treats everyone with respect. We should all be so lucky to have people like him in our teams.

Agree outa - he played in QFA Nth last year and I rated him as one of the best 3 players in the comp. Just a running machine. Does alot of enduro events I was told. Beautiful mover, great hands, played a lot of really good footy in Canberra i think.

Agree outa - he played in QFA Nth last year and I rated him as one of the best 3 players in the comp. Just a running machine. Does alot of enduro events I was told. Beautiful mover, great hands, played a lot of really good footy in Canberra i think.
Right on all counts. Loves to climb a mountain or two as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding:

3rd plays 6th

4th plays 5th

1 & 2 get week off.

Then 1 plays 2 for a spot in GF.

Winners of the other 2 games play each other

Then winner of that plays loser of 1 v 2 in a prelim.

All finals to be on Friday night.

17 goals is extraordinary.

I haven't seen a bag kicked like that in any division in QLD for a long long time.

Should be a good finals series with the old blokes securing the week off that they wanted. Zillmere lurking along nicely.

I'm going to change my predictions again, because I know you all love them...

Week 1:

Redbacks to knock off Sandgate
Zillmere to defeat Coorparoo

Week 2:

Woodsmen to surprise Kedron handing them their first defeat of the year
Zillmere to just pip Redbacks in a close one

Week 3:

Kedron to run over the top of a tired Zillmere outfit

GF:

Kedron to turn the tables and win a well deserved Premiership in a close one. Woodsmen hurt by the existence of 'time on' in finals!

Kedron to turn the tables and win a well deserved Premiership in a close one. Woodsmen hurt by the existence of 'time on' in finals!

Why are sporting competitions so intent on changing things for finals? If its good enough to play 4 x 20 min quarters without time on during the season than surely it is good enough to do the same in the finals?

Why are sporting competitions so intent on changing things for finals? If its good enough to play 4 x 20 min quarters without time on during the season than surely it is good enough to do the same in the finals?

Agree 100% mate. I'm one of those who don't appreciate the longer qtrs...
I guess it just eliminates the issue of time wasting during finals.

Yep eliminates time wasting and allows for injury time. Could you imagine being 2 points down in a Granny with 3 minutes to go, and an opposition player going down and needing, or claiming to need, a stretcher.

they move to 17 minutes + time on from memory.

It eliminates the potential for results to be tampered with...

I've seen it in H&A games in this league when teams deliberately hold up the game when they have a narrow margin, or hold up play when they are kicking into the wind.

EG. opposition kicks goal with the wind, and the fullback goes to retireve ball and takes a leisurely stroll to get it. then accidentally shanks his kick back to the middle I've seen close to 2 minutes chewed up with this sort of stuff!

they move to 17 minutes + time on from memory.

It eliminates the potential for results to be tampered with...

I've seen it in H&A games in this league when teams deliberately hold up the game when they have a narrow margin, or hold up play when they are kicking into the wind.

EG. opposition kicks goal with the wind, and the fullback goes to retireve ball and takes a leisurely stroll to get it. then accidentally shanks his kick back to the middle I've seen close to 2 minutes chewed up with this sort of stuff!
Yes indeed it happens all the time. Time wasting is my biggest hate so I'm all for time on in finals. Too many times this year games have been stopped for a bloke with cramps. Ball not coming back to middle or lost ball behind the goals. Too many ways to waste time. If you are going to burn time at least make them do it with the ball in play.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back