2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

fruitcake you had 10 times the amount of shots at goals than my mob you got your fair share of the rub with the whistle and if your referring to the yellow card well lucky it was me and not a aflq umpire he would have been serving time starting next season for elbowing the face.
Jimboomba got the chocolates but I really wonder if 8 guys from uq had been able to kick straight from 20 out who would of won.
see ya next year sleep tight

That was me that you sent off - just wanted to say that you made the right call. The guy had hit me front-on and late with no eyes for the ball and was lying on my back refusing to get off, so I tried to quickly roll over to shake him off. I had no intention of "hitting" him but my elbow certainly did accidentally connect. Correct decision in turning possession over.

That was me that you sent off - just wanted to say that you made the right call. The guy had hit me front-on and late with no eyes for the ball and was lying on my back refusing to get off, so I tried to quickly roll over to shake him off. I had no intention of "hitting" him but my elbow certainly did accidentally connect. Correct decision in turning possession over.
Sarcasm ???

The umpire never sees the cause, only the aftermath...

No not at all, I saw that he'd copped some criticism earlier in the thread and wanted to re-affirm that he made the right decision. High contact is high contact regardless of whether it's intended or not.
Yes I'm with you I was reported a few times when I was playing. I swear everyone was an accident. That's what I pleaded anyway.

The umpire never sees the cause, only the aftermath...
no I seen what caused it and l either could have paid the mark or the free kick againts the redback player,unforunatley l like to try keep the game going as football rather than fighting so l did what l thought was correct and reversed it. Problem today is if umpires let little things go they lose control of the game and then you have guys like @thommo42 who have to explain why a late hit on one of the best players in the comp is no longer playing.
It's simple keep control and players will play football turn the blind eye and sooner or later all hell breaks loose.
For the record it was going to be a 50 and yes the elbow was reportable but not set penalty reportable it was my choice to yellow card but not for the elbow but because he didn't say swear at me nicely like l do to the guys when were in the pub. he was hot headed and it cost them a goal. Still stand by my word though had they kicked straight this week might be different but that's footy l guess

no I seen what caused it and l either could have paid the mark or the free kick againts the redback player,unforunatley l like to try keep the game going as football rather than fighting so l did what l thought was correct and reversed it. Problem today is if umpires let little things go they lose control of the game and then you have guys like @thommo42 who have to explain why a late hit on one of the best players in the comp is no longer playing.
It's simple keep control and players will play football turn the blind eye and sooner or later all hell breaks loose.
For the record it was going to be a 50 and yes the elbow was reportable but not set penalty reportable it was my choice to yellow card but not for the elbow but because he didn't say swear at me nicely like l do to the guys when were in the pub. he was hot headed and it cost them a goal. Still stand by my word though had they kicked straight this week might be different but that's footy l guess

As I said I reckon you made the right call, not much more to talk about!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changing topic ever so slightly.....

Thoughts on this weeks games?

For mine....... Jimboomba and Zillmere.

But will not raise an eyebrow if it went the other way in both games.

I'm tipping a full strength Sandgate to earn a hard fought rematch with Zillmere in week two of finals. Same as King 05 though, no result would surprise me this w/e.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back