2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

so this is advertised as a social competition. how social is it. it seems serious from on here. Friday night games is a good idea. can an old guy slot right in and play in this league.

kedron might be the ones to watch

I actually think Kedron might get a shock, and Morningside will be the one's to cause a stir. After winning the QAFL premiership last year, and a whole heap of past players who might still be interested in having a kick and a run around, they could likely put out an unbeatable side. The fact that they already have quality u/16 and u/18 sides on the park, I doubt there is much need to be introducing younger players to senior footy, so surely their side will be older blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think Kedron might get a shock, and Morningside will be the one's to cause a stir. After winning the QAFL premiership last year, and a whole heap of past players who might still be interested in having a kick and a run around, they could likely put out an unbeatable side. The fact that they already have quality u/16 and u/18 sides on the park, I doubt there is much need to be introducing younger players to senior footy, so surely their side will be older blokes.

If Morningside have alot of past players going to play in the 3rds, they will be very hard to beat one would think...
Can't wait to see the results after round 1

If you have a look at the retirements from their QAFL side last year.

If just 2 or 3 of those guys suit up for a last hurrah in the 3rds, they will be pretty formidable!

Just checked out Morningside's website and saw this -

Community Football QAFA (B) Central competition is available to predominately Brisbane based clubs such as single team clubs and those with two or more teams in the higher competitions. Often called the “Thirds” this season is the first season Morningside will host a Community team that will train with the Masters but play each weekend in a competitive environment that includes finals. Games are typically played on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon.
Players can be any age and skill level within this competition.

With a club as strong as Morningside, I doubt they will have any problem attracting numbers, so you can be sure they will have a team in this comp this year !!

Won't be well recieved if they join the comp and add another club into the mix that only plays Saturdays.

Wouldn't ground availability become a problem for them, forcing them to play on Friday nights ?? With the QAFL games using that ground regularly, as well as the masters competitions playing Saturday afternoons, that doesn't leave them much of a Saturday ???

That certainly could become interesting Buck. How much knowledge do you have on this topic?? Are they absolutely no chance of having the numbers required to meet QAFA A requirements ??
I have a couple of mates who have played there and since retired and moved on. One said they were 15-20 players short last year and had a dads army playing 2s and I already know between Coomera, Suns and Moorooka they are no chance of 2 sides this year. It would be unfair and selfish on the old men and and the competition if they were to consider it. Not to mention how do you build a culture and club around it?. On another note how does Morningside get entry to a third side when you have Coorparoo and Wynnum struggling for numbers - more thought needed I think

I have a couple of mates who have played there and since retired and moved on. One said they were 15-20 players short last year and had a dads army playing 2s and I already know between Coomera, Suns and Moorooka they are no chance of 2 sides this year. It would be unfair and selfish on the old men and and the competition if they were to consider it. Not to mention how do you build a culture and club around it?. On another note how does Morningside get entry to a third side when you have Coorparoo and Wynnum struggling for numbers - more thought needed I think

Yeah good info. I wasn't aware that Coorparoo was struggling for numbers, but I have seen a few posts on here regarding Wynnum, claiming that they are good to go for numbers to move up to QAFA A. Which isn't the easiest task I am led to believe, needing 50+ registered players by the end of next week ?? As for Beenleigh, I guess we will have to wait and see. It sure is fun checking out that QAFA A thread though !!! ;)

Yeah good info. I wasn't aware that Coorparoo was struggling for numbers, but I have seen a few posts on here regarding Wynnum, claiming that they are good to go for numbers to move up to QAFA A. Which isn't the easiest task I am led to believe, needing 50+ registered players by the end of next week ?? As for Beenleigh, I guess we will have to wait and see. It sure is fun checking out that QAFA A thread though !!! ;)
To true mate I only wish for all Clubs to have 60 players and a heap of funds. All the in between is just giggles. Hope your team has a great year and may the footy gods be kind

Don't think Coorparoo are struggling, but Wynnum, Alex Hills and Vic Point are struggling for 2 sides.

Unless of course they fudge their numbers

Their intent is to nominate a side, but it hasn't happened yet. They are still rustling up numbers.

they have a close association with Coorparoo, and if it effects the Kings reserves numbers it won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back