2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL as an old retired bloke who is handy on reviewing team lists, how guilty are Yeronga of said stacking over the past couple of seasons?

I wouldn't say they are as guilty of it as many make out, but they certainly aren't afraid to drop a few back when they think they need them.

I follow nearly every clubs Facebook pages, and if I recall correctly - there was a big blowup on the Yeronga page last year from a few of their old boys when their President or Coach (or whoever) put a post up about chasing players for the 2's because they are short and 'the 3rds have taken stock for an important game'.

It was amusing to watch when your own club admin admits to stacking the 3rds!

Gents,

Club umpires are entitled to report players and use both red & yellow cards.

I think where the miscommunication lies is that ckub supplied boundary umps (who are usually just volunteers with no training at all) probably shouldn't be permitted to report players. Not sure what the rule actually is, but i generally agree that they probably sound be there to throw the ball in and blow the whistle and that's about it. Or maybe the rules should depend on what their qualification is?

As a club umpire I am definitely permitted to use cards and report, and i have done so in the past. I have red carded a guy from my own club and also yellow carded many guys from my own club or opposition.

Gents,

Club umpires are entitled to report players and use both red & yellow cards.

I think where the miscommunication lies is that ckub supplied boundary umps (who are usually just volunteers with no training at all) probably shouldn't be permitted to report players. Not sure what the rule actually is, but i generally agree that they probably sound be there to throw the ball in and blow the whistle and that's about it. Or maybe the rules should depend on what their qualification is?

As a club umpire I am definitely permitted to use cards and report, and i have done so in the past. I have red carded a guy from my own club and also yellow carded many guys from my own club or opposition.
Can you please fill me in on a couple of questions. If a player gets a red card is that an automatic stint on the pine. It used to be sorted out after the game. The player and umpires came together and if he pleaded guilty it was a suspension there and then. Otherwise he could go to sort it out on Tuesday at aflq.
A yellow card is just off for 20 minutes and no report.
Can a red carded player be replaced.
I agree that only a field umpire can card anyone. That's not to say any umpire shouldn't be able to bring incidents to the main umpire.

Yellow card - 20 mins on the pine (can be replaced)

Red Card - off for the rest of the game (replaced after 20 minutes)

In this league, I think a Red card is auto 2 week suspension, regardless of circumstances - but not 100% sure. I suspect for very serious incidents, there is the option for a tribunal hearing, but again - not sure.

Can you please fill me in on a couple of questions. If a player gets a red card is that an automatic stint on the pine. It used to be sorted out after the game. The player and umpires came together and if he pleaded guilty it was a suspension there and then. Otherwise he could go to sort it out on Tuesday at aflq.
A yellow card is just off for 20 minutes and no report.
Can a red carded player be replaced.
I agree that only a field umpire can card anyone. That's not to say any umpire shouldn't be able to bring incidents to the main umpire.

A red card is an automatic report. Player can not be replaced for 15 mins and can not return to the field. If reported before half time and if the umpire offers it "time served" can be applied, otherwise a set penalty can be offered or can referred to the tribunal

Yellow Card player off for 15min but can be replaced immediately

Sorry QAFL but yellow and red cards are 15 not 20 mins

sorry, I was going off hazy recollection.

So the auto 2 weeks for a red doesn't apply anymore?

No need to apologise. No auto 2 weeks does not apply .... it all depends on the what the report is for. Some are 1 week some 2 weeks or referred direct to tribunal. As above if the umpire deems it a 1 week penalty and the report is before half time "time served" can be offered and player is free to play the following week

Went out to Ipswich eagles on Friday nite. OK it was a one sided affair. But full credit to Ipswich they had a crack all nite. A couple of their blokes had standout games. The fella with the dreads and their big chb both were very good.
Thanks for the beers and the hospitaly you showed us from the moment we got to the ground. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Jimboomba starting to flex their muscle. The inclusion of Jacob Guise can't be underestimated.

Will win the league medal if he stays on the park and in this comp. Best midfielder by a country mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimboomba starting to flex their muscle. The inclusion of Jacob Guise can't be underestimated.

Will win the league medal if he stays on the park and in this comp. Best midfielder by a country mile.
That's a big wrap mate. I think there might be a couple of others that will be up there as well.

Plenty of good mids in this comp mate, including several with NEAFL/QAFL experience. However, most of them are on the wrong side of 30.

Guise is a bloke playing QAFL standard footy as midfielder, but in his early 20's. There is an enormous difference between someone like Jacob Guise for example, and other guys like Brent Burton, Reid Dobson and Chris Mihapolous. My opinion of course, but most blokes get slower after 30, not quicker.

I don't think its unreasonable to suggest he's the best mid in the comp having stepped out of the Palm Beach / Broadbeach midfields in the QAFL of the last 2 seasons and into this competition at his age.

I'm sure if Sandgate suddenly rolled out Fuller, Fry or Tooma in their 3's, or Coorparoo kept playing guys like Lovett or rolled out Lake/Gibson or the Woodsmen suddenly had Jeanke-Cain or Woods playing for them we would be saying the same thing.

You look at Jimboomba and they got beaten in the first round missing about their best 10 players, then beaten in Round 2 (by only 3 points) missing 3 of their best 4 and suddenly their form line looks extremely strong.

Granted not everyone takes their best side down there on a Saturday arvo, but travelling to Lemke on a Friday night and giving them a touch up is an impressive win and I have them as my competition favourites. (not that anyone cares)

Plenty of good mids in this comp mate, including several with NEAFL/QAFL experience. However, most of them are on the wrong side of 30.

Guise is a bloke playing QAFL standard footy as midfielder, but in his early 20's. There is an enormous difference between someone like Jacob Guise for example, and other guys like Brent Burton, Reid Dobson and Chris Mihapolous. My opinion of course, but most blokes get slower after 30, not quicker.

I don't think its unreasonable to suggest he's the best mid in the comp having stepped out of the Palm Beach / Broadbeach midfields in the QAFL of the last 2 seasons and into this competition at his age.

I'm sure if Sandgate suddenly rolled out Fuller, Fry or Tooma in their 3's, or Coorparoo kept playing guys like Lovett or rolled out Lake/Gibson or the Woodsmen suddenly had Jeanke-Cain or Woods playing for them we would be saying the same thing.

You look at Jimboomba and they got beaten in the first round missing about their best 10 players, then beaten in Round 2 (by only 3 points) missing 3 of their best 4 and suddenly their form line looks extremely strong.

Granted not everyone takes their best side down there on a Saturday arvo, but travelling to Lemke on a Friday night and giving them a touch up is an impressive win and I have them as my competition favourites. (not that anyone cares)

Are you Bi-polar ??? Some days you are on here chirping and sniping at blokes, and now you are on here feeling sorry for yourself ??

I do completely agree with you though re: Jimboomba. Will go very deep in the finals, and are going to be very hard to beat !!!

I don't feel sorry for myself. I just add that bit at the end to save the children time so they don't have to post it themselves.

Now what position do you play for the Woodsmen Peanut, or are you the coach?

I don't feel sorry for myself. I just add that bit at the end to save the children time so they don't have to post it themselves.

Now what position do you play for the Woodsmen Peanut, or are you the coach?
Invisible-Man-Invisibel-Business.png

Another mid to watch out for no. 14 from colly park. Ryan Sherlock I'm pretty certain. Even in a one sided affair on Friday night would be my best on ground. Really strong coming out of the Middle

I think at the end of the day its the umpires who decide this and they are harder to pick than a broken nose.
I know umpires sometimes don't see work rate they see special efforts. This can get in the head and influence decisions. Also a good player in a poor side will stand out like dogs balls.
I have no idea who will win it but I do know who from my club stands a chance as long as they stay on the paddock.
So a least we have plenty of time to speculate.

You were on zillmere and woodsmen eairler.

i believe it fair to say that a handful of teams will play finals this season and one team will win the grand final.

The rest of the bunch may keep everyone guessing though, aside from the 2 switch teams the rest are either improving or maintaining a fair standard of footy that will keep the opposition honest. The footy, I couldn't call it pretty to watch, still provides enough to knock back a few beers and enjoy...or tear your hair out in frustration.

Good to see Sandgate right in the mix, otherwise this comp is well set up for the Jimboomba's, Kedron's and Zillmere's. Woodsmen had a purple patch last year and are still solid this year but this could fluctuate like Zillmere last season. The most positive aspect is that these strong one team clubs have a lot of competition this season, you wouldn't bet the house on a premier right now.

You were on zillmere and woodsmen eairler.

Jimboomba didn't have Jacob Guise earlier.

Zillmere would be my next pick, but I don't know what the likelihood is of all their best players playing regularly is. the team they put out to beat the Woodsmen was very very strong though.

Very hard to go past the Woodsmen, but from what I can see they have lost Baker who kicked about 75 goals and also played midfield last year - which is pretty hard to replace. I've also only seen Green on their teamsheet once, so they're losing a few. Moore and Forbes are decent recruits, so time will tell.

Fun to speculate though

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back