2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

132-9 or there abouts. Results speak for themselves really.
Went down and saw that game today I'm glad we didn't have there female umpire when we vsed them. I'm not really here to pay out or diss umpires but very bias. Even calling the cats buy first name bases. Would make it hard to play a good game in good spirits with that shit going on

A lot of teams in this league had very humble beginnings, I think the move was premature adding the cats and a third Eagles team but I like that football in our area is growing and we should all be on board with its development.

Went down and saw that game today I'm glad we didn't have there female umpire when we vsed them. I'm not really here to pay out or diss umpires but very bias. Even calling the cats buy first name bases. Would make it hard to play a good game in good spirits with that shit going on
Saw the first name basis situation at another game this season. Coach of team who won even commented to losing coach that the calls were very ordinary and one sided and if he had seen those umpires before...Reply was along the lines of "No, but they call your boys by their first names"

Saw the first name basis situation at another game this season. Coach of team who won even commented to losing coach that the calls were very ordinary and one sided and if he had seen those umpires before...Reply was along the lines of "No, but they call your boys by their first names"
Yes it makes it very unfair it is as if she is trying to be a hero and help her club out. This is why I believe club umpires shouldn't exist

Also I will say, the cats treat their visitors to an old toilet block of a change room whilst they reserve the new council provided building for themselves , guess that's why their canteen (also in the new building) did not get any patronage. I have watched various teams play at various venues this year and this was just disappointing to say the least!!

A lot of teams in this league had very humble beginnings, I think the move was premature adding the cats and a third Eagles team but I like that football in our area is growing and we should all be on board with its development.

what's being allowed to go on in Ipswich is destruction , not development.

I like you I really do infact here is a open invite to stop hiding behind a picture and come on down to Jimboomba and help us turn the club into a two team club and your most inspiring comments about my club you could use on match day to the 28 guys who train each week especially the six guys who miss every game. You continue the great stuff as im sure a guy like you can motivate any team they despise so much to stick it up your ass with every win.
keep up the great work champ love your stuff

every umpire should try learn a players first name is what their asked to do. I Would be rather sad if a club umpire didn't know every player in their sides name. just remember we rank well below womens when it comes to umpires

every umpire should try learn a players first name is what their asked to do. I Would be rather sad if a club umpire didn't know every player in their sides name. just remember we rank well below womens when it comes to umpires

Well said Redback. I try to call players by their first names (or nick name) if I know what it is. I think it is common decency to address someone by their name if you know it. Having umpired for many years in these competitions you get to know players and I think it is good to say "you're on your line Jimmy ( big shout out to Jimmy from Coorparoo, I hope you don't mind me using you as an example) and the mark is here". As an example I have had Alex Hills and Moorooka 5 times each this year (as well as many times in the last 13 years) so you get to know players names. I also get to know different players names when having a drink after the game. I believe it shows that as umpires we are not robots and we have respect for players by calling them by their name. I can't see what is wrong with this but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I can't talk about bias as I was not there and even though the female that shark bait refers to was a "club umpire" for that game if it is the person I think it is she is an official AFLQ umpire who would have been doing it to help out the club. And I agree with shark bait that club umpires should not exist but the facts are we don't have enough umpires to cover all the games so if we don't have club umpires (who deserve a big pat on the back for putting their hands up to umpire) there would be no games

Anyway enough of this umpire talk ..... not long until finals so good luck to everyone who will be playing finals ..... may the best team win

I don't see a problem with umpires calling bloke's by name. Club umpire or not it has been going on for as long as I can remember. That's a long time by the way.
If a player gets called by his name take it as a mark of respect as the umpire has noticed you over a period of time. For the right reasons I hope.
The only way to take an umpire out of your game is to be first to the footy and don't abuse them when it doesn't go your way.
There have been some rookie error's this year but that's no different to any game going on in Brisbane any weekend.
How many bloke's out there know the umpires name. Something that works both ways I think

What an astonishing thing to whine about. If you know someones name, you call them by it. Just common decency.

I went and watched Western Magpies vs Broadbeach on Saturday arvo, and hung around to watch the first 2 and a bit quarters of the Woodsmen before heading home to avoid getting hypothermia.

Woodsmen aren't the team they were last year, don't win the midfield battles like they used to and don't have as much attacking firepower without Baker and Monaghan - but what they still do is stop teams from scoring, which is pretty important and might give them a chance come finals time. Sandgate virtually didn't score at all in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, despite the match being played rather evenly throughout the middle of the ground and inside 50's probably about equal. Woodsmen half forward line work much harder than Sandgate, and Widt was well beaten by his opponent which rendered Sandgate unable to score at all.

Unfortunately it wasn't a club umpire, it was 2 aflq appointed umpires

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was also at the Woodies v Sandgate game, was an even match through the midfield. Sandgate had a lot of chances in 2nd quarter and couldn't manage to score. Widt was beaten convincingly, Sandgate have some real pace on there wings that could really stich a team up and they have a solid back 6 as well there forward line didn't seem to work hard enough and it cost them. I thought the umpiring was up there with the worst I have seen, Widt being yellow carded for throwing footy back to a player too hard from a free kick that shouldn't of been given and some very ordinary 50s given against Sandgate resulting in goals. Woodies had bigger bodies in the midfield but Sandgate had pace. Don't put a line through Sandgate rattling some cages finals time just yet. Be very interesting to see how the Woodies v Kedron game goes this weekend. tips?

Well everyone is titled to their own opion. Looking forward to vsing colly park this weekend. After watching them on Sunday I think there's a dangerous duo between numbers no.14 22 23 30 and 32 will have to keep an eye on those guys.
Also very excited to play finals I could imagine there's a few others out there and some keen players playing finals for the first time?

I was also at the Woodies v Sandgate game, was an even match through the midfield. Sandgate had a lot of chances in 2nd quarter and couldn't manage to score. Widt was beaten convincingly, Sandgate have some real pace on there wings that could really stich a team up and they have a solid back 6 as well there forward line didn't seem to work hard enough and it cost them. I thought the umpiring was up there with the worst I have seen, Widt being yellow carded for throwing footy back to a player too hard from a free kick that shouldn't of been given and some very ordinary 50s given against Sandgate resulting in goals. Woodies had bigger bodies in the midfield but Sandgate had pace. Don't put a line through Sandgate rattling some cages finals time just yet. Be very interesting to see how the Woodies v Kedron game goes this weekend. tips?

Didn't see the yellow card, must have been in the last quarter? He is a selfish footballer though that Widt, and you could see he was going to get upset from about midway through the 2nd quarter because he was getting such a hiding.

Woodsmen definitely had the rub of the green with the umpires, they were pretty inconsistent with their calls of holding the ball and both teams appeared to be allowed to just throw it to each other most of the game. I only recall one 50m penalty, and it was probably there. A guy hit a little bloke late after a taking an uncontested mark, you have to pay those every time.

Again, perhaps some of the 50's and the other stuff happened late. I left with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Can't agree Woodsmen had bigger bodies in the middle though. That #1 is a little bloke and really cut Sandgate up. #21 Verma on the wing is pretty skinny, but super quick on the outside and got plenty of switch ball. Obviously mihapolous is a gun and dominated, but I felt Sandgate had a bigger bodied midfield but didn't take advantage of their size, probably not helped by being beaten in the ruck most of the day.

#20 Suitor for Sandgate is a good defender, but the big ex Sandgate player (Forbes) and Thommo 42 were far too good as a combo down there, Forbes anchored in the goalsquare drawing plenty of attention and the old bloke running around the 50m arc. Probably where the game was won really. Sandgate have one avenue to goal, he was beaten and they couldn't score. Woodsmen had multiple avenues to goal, with 4 or 5 multiple goal kickers and that was the difference. The other noticeable thing was that there are a few small defenders in the Woodsmen team who just don't miss tackles, can only assume #2 and #10 are ex leaguies the way they wrap blokes up repeatedly.

Didn't see the yellow card, must have been in the last quarter? He is a selfish footballer though that Widt, and you could see he was going to get upset from about midway through the 2nd quarter because he was getting such a hiding.

Woodsmen definitely had the rub of the green with the umpires, they were pretty inconsistent with their calls of holding the ball and both teams appeared to be allowed to just throw it to each other most of the game. I only recall one 50m penalty, and it was probably there. A guy hit a little bloke late after a taking an uncontested mark, you have to pay those every time.

Again, perhaps some of the 50's and the other stuff happened late. I left with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Can't agree Woodsmen had bigger bodies in the middle though. That #1 is a little bloke and really cut Sandgate up. #21 Verma on the wing is pretty skinny, but super quick on the outside and got plenty of switch ball. Obviously mihapolous is a gun and dominated, but I felt Sandgate had a bigger bodied midfield but didn't take advantage of their size, probably not helped by being beaten in the ruck most of the day.

#20 Suitor for Sandgate is a good defender, but the big ex Sandgate player (Forbes) and Thommo 42 were far too good as a combo down there, Forbes anchored in the goalsquare drawing plenty of attention and the old bloke running around the 50m arc. Probably where the game was won really. Sandgate have one avenue to goal, he was beaten and they couldn't score. Woodsmen had multiple avenues to goal, with 4 or 5 multiple goal kickers and that was the difference. The other noticeable thing was that there are a few small defenders in the Woodsmen team who just don't miss tackles, can only assume #2 and #10 are ex leaguies the way they wrap blokes up repeatedly.

It was the last quarter this happened, I really thought Sandgate turned the ball over very easy with there disposal. mohalopoulos excuse the spelling is a very good player. Lost count how many clearances he had, woodies tackling pressure was spot on. Forbes and Thompson were the difference and did work well together. Men in green were pretty bad for both teams, top 6 doesn't look to change unless some upsets. Just the places of the 6 could change. Kedron have a tough run home with Woodies this week and then Jimboomba down there. R Kedron a chance to drop 2 in a row. Would u want to lose one before going into finals undefeated. Not sure.... Can anyone win the flag other than the top 4. Zillmere v Sandgate in last round be interesting game too. Sandgate dominated them last time they met. Sandgate seem to have a different side each week and never know what u will get same as Zillmere.

Anyone know what the actual finals structure is for this league yet ?? Has it been decided ??

The finals structure for QAFA B - Central competition will be:

Week 1 (Elimination/Qualifying Finals) - 3 v 6 and 4 v 5, 1 and 2 - BYE
Week 2 (Semi Final) - 1 v 2 and 3 v 4
Week 3 (Preliminary Final) - 2 v 3
Week 4 (Grand Final) - 1 v 2

Wow, massive advantage to finish top 2. Who ever finishes top 2 will play in the Grand Final. Calling it now.

Wow, massive advantage to finish top 2. Who ever finishes top 2 will play in the Grand Final. Calling it now.

Will They play any finals Saturday's. Seeing the top 3 play majority home games on Saturday. You wouldn't want to have to travel down to Jimboomba for a Saturday game. Most teams struggle to get there best side together on Saturday.

with that structure big chance of seeing Zillmere vs Sandgate last round of home and away and first week of finals

Will They play any finals Saturday's. Seeing the top 3 play majority home games on Saturday. You wouldn't want to have to travel down to Jimboomba for a Saturday game. Most teams struggle to get there best side together on Saturday.

I think it'll all be Friday nights as it was last year.

Don't think you're right about the top 3 playing majority of games on Saturday. Pretty sure the Woodsmen love the Friday Night lights when they're playing down at Sherwood.

In addition I don't know if there will be a too much of a home ground advantage for finals. I think clubs have to apply to host matches, so if you haven't got lights suitable for Friday night games I'd say you're going to be missing out.

But I'm only going on what happened last year. It may have changed.

First 2 weeks of finals will generally be awarded home advantage.

Beyond that, its up to clubs (not just the ones in this comp) to bid for the rights.

All finals to be Friday night, so if you earn a home final and don't play Friday - start getting ready to sell your rights to highest bidder unless you get a quick light upgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back