2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

If there was 16 teams I wouldn't totally against splitting the comp. The problem is for us ( the woodsmen ) we turn over a lot of players each year. We were lucky last year picking up some handy players. But we never know what standard we will be the following year. For example the team we had two years ago would have struggled to make finals in the league we have this year.

So if you pick the top 7 and bottom 7 from this year to make a div 1 and div 2. It might still not be an even competition.

inconsistency of cluibs from year to year could be an issue, as well as clubs that come back for a year here or there and then go up.

Wynnum dropped down, were competitive and have gone up. Kedron have dropped down, are competitive and will likely go up. Jimboomba have been trying to go up for years.

Don't know about other standalone clubs, but I imagine many of them have a desire to move up as well.

Jimboomba really should be in QAFA B South anyway

Footy80, you say you guys are inconsistent - but you've been in the comp since 2009 and according to your website have been premiers twice, beaten grand finalists once, preliminary finalists twice and finalists the other time. (http://www.woodsmenafc.com.au/honour-board/)

thats a fairly consistent output over time I would argue.

Kedron, Zillmere and co would beat QAFL reserves sides !!
In a lot of clubs the standard between firsts and seconds is huge. Some clubs have a lot of seconds players and not many first graders. It really doesn't matter what level they play its has been this way for years. Only a few have a good seconds and a top four seniors team. Plenty of clubs at all levels struggle to get a seconds side every week.

Hoho- maybe on paper they have a few good blokes and if these guys were at the top of their game!
Once again its not about a couple of players that hold a side together. It's talant across the park that counts. I'm happy to have bloke's you don't rate. All that matters is that I do and they play consistent footy and do thier job inside the team. I'm not going to say who would win but I'm sure there are a couple of sides that would give some ressies sides a run for thier money.

In any case it is a moot argument. Who really cares. This comp, along with all of the comps below QAFL is really social footy, with a bit more meaning the higher up u go. The guys in this comp are either semi retired or just keen to have a kick with mates (or both).

Kedron, Zillmere and co would beat QAFL reserves sides !!
Kedron's top side last year would have struggled to beat maroochydore, noosa and Mayne in the reserves last year despite being in the top 4 in the seniors. just goes to show how split that competition is in the QAFA North aswell.
As for the comments on div 4 senior players playing in this comp the majority of that would have to be injured players in need of a game or to before stepping back up to QFA and QAFL or just filling in the numbers for genuine thirds teams struggling to get a full side to the park on some weekends. In the end though there's nothing in the rules against it and if makes the games a close spectical I'm all for it as a spectator. I understand you fellas associated with clubs that have fallen victim to teams loading a struggling side with senior players may disagree and Id understand your disappointment

Jimboomba really should be in QAFA B South anyway

That occurred to me the other day. If you do some work in google maps the distance to the south teams can still be much more for boombas in comparison to the "central" based teams.

But they obviously ain't going up in a hurry, are in a solid position with the current squad and like their saturday games. Plus that evens up the south division.

QAFL_Fan has motioned, I second and so it is done. As of next week Jimboomba are out of the Central comp and will be heading coast wards from this day forth.

That is all.

Kedron's top side last year would have struggled to beat maroochydore, noosa and Mayne in the reserves last year despite being in the top 4 in the seniors. just goes to show how split that competition is in the QAFA North aswell.
As for the comments on div 4 senior players playing in this comp the majority of that would have to be injured players in need of a game or to before stepping back up to QFA and QAFL or just filling in the numbers for genuine thirds teams struggling to get a full side to the park on some weekends. In the end though there's nothing in the rules against it and if makes the games a close spectical I'm all for it as a spectator. I understand you fellas associated with clubs that have fallen victim to teams loading a struggling side with senior players may disagree and Id understand your disappointment

Haha wow Probably the worst post I've seen this year.

You been hitting the glass barbie mate?

Absolutely ridiculous comment when kedron seniors beat Maroochydore seniors every time that they played last year, also beat Noosa on one occasion.

As for the kedron reserves they also beat both Maroochydore and Noosa at Least once in the season.

Haha wow Probably the worst post I've seen this year.

You been hitting the glass barbie mate?

Absolutely ridiculous comment when kedron seniors beat Maroochydore seniors every time that they played last year, also beat Noosa on one occasion.

As for the kedron reserves they also beat both Maroochydore and Noosa at Least once in the season.

Really because my sources tell me Maroochy seniors beat Kedron by over 9 goals at one stage last year so I guess you didn't beat them everytime you played. i stand by the comments. Despite Kedron putting up a decent fight last year when the three reserves teams I mentioned were firing they would beat any team currently in this comp

Really because my sources tell me Maroochy seniors beat Kedron by over 9 goals at one stage last year so I guess you didn't beat them everytime you played. i stand by the comments. Despite Kedron putting up a decent fight last year when the three reserves teams I mentioned were firing they would beat any team currently in this comp

my apologies, correct you are that the Roos beat them in round two of the season.

then Kedron proceeded to beat them by 4 and then 70 during the season, knocking them out of the competition in the semi by 40 points.

so would have to say that you're an absolute idiot if you still stand by your comments that their reserves would have beaten the Kedron seniors.

I can assure you that as someone who plays for the Woodsmen who have been a pretty decent side in this comp over the past couple of years, i am certain we would not get anywhere near the Western Magpies Reserves who are currently sitting on the botton of the QAFL Reserves ladder.

So the theory that any QAFA B sides could beat QAFL Ressies sides is 100% flawed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can assure you that as someone who plays for the Woodsmen who have been a pretty decent side in this comp over the past couple of years, i am certain we would not get anywhere near the Western Magpies Reserves who are currently sitting on the botton of the QAFL Reserves ladder.

So the theory that any QAFA B sides could beat QAFL Ressies sides is 100% flawed.

Cmon Thommo dont spoil peanuts fun!! Well I'm glad someone around here has some sensible educated opinions... keep this up peanut and you can rent the spare room at QAFL fans place!

i have seen your lot play and sherwood seniors play and i reckon you would beat that ressies side easily. you are underselling yourself thommo42.

Maybe the side they were putting out earlier in the year when they were ravaged by injuries and lost the first 8 games.

But the current Magpies reserves would thrash us, even if we were full strength - which we won't be again this year after yet another ACL on Friday.

I think a few of the top QAFA B sides would beat some of the lower QAFL reserves sides if they had a few injuries, but generally speaking it would be unlikely most of the time.

UQ QAFL seniors would struggle against plenty of QFA Seniors though!

Very difficult comparing standards except to say that those below always rate themselves higher than they really are and the sides above tend to get undersold a bit more bc of the standard they have to play against so don't look as good.
matador - I'm no experrt with regards to footy in the wealthy western suburbs but i would suggest that there isn't a hope in hell that players 23-44 in west magpies club would lose to the Woodsmen best 22. Yes, there are some names in that side but they were damn good footballers bc they were fit and healthy, maybe not as much anymore??
Zillmere the same with Duce and Dickfos? Couple of very very good players in their day but we are talking about right now, not in their hey day. Anyway who really cares?

there isn't a hope in hell that players 23-44 in west magpies club would lose to the Woodsmen best 22.

Correct. However, sometimes the Reserves side might be made up of players 30-52 (due to injury etc) and thats when it might be a contest.

Eg. Our GF side from last year would have beaten the Western Magpies reserves that played a few games early this year when they had about 11 blokes out and had to borrow from us...

But both teams at their best...they would smash us (and everyone else in this league)

And so they should! No shame in that. Obviously some damn good footballers trotting round in this comp and reckon it is great that they choose to do so rather than go and play masters.

A few boys getting a bit big for their boots here.

No doubt plenty of the better sides in this league would be competitive in QAFA A Seniors, but none would get near the QAFL Ressies sides when they are up and going.

I have to agree QAFL.... what's with all the hypotheticals? You're not in the QAFL division, you're in QAFA (B). Once you get to the QAFL div then start making comparisons.

And I have to agree that this league needs to refine the number of clubs in it. 3 sides from the Ipswich area? Sorry but 2 at most with Col Park as a definite club. Then you'd get more competitive sides.

Let's hope it's refined for next season.

And I have to agree that this league needs to refine the number of clubs in it. 3 sides from the Ipswich area? Sorry but 2 at most with Col Park as a definite club. Then you'd get more competitive sides.

Agreed.

Instead of Ipswich Cats debacle and a 3rds Eagles side made up mainly of UQ blokes - surely strengthening Colly Park would be a better bet.

Even to the point where they could field a reserves and move into QAFA A

A few boys getting a bit big for their boots here.

No doubt plenty of the better sides in this league would be competitive in QAFA A Seniors, but none would get near the QAFL Ressies sides when they are up and going.

Based on all of your posts from last year and this year, I reckon you are contradicting yourself. You posted a lot about the Woodsmen last year, and early this year, and it sounds to me like they would do more than get near a QAFL ressies side. You made a lot of noise about a lot of their players, who obviously can play. Going back and reading last years thread, and this is what I found. Theoretically their "best 22" would include the likes of - Roscinski, McDonnell, Mikhalopolous, Dobson, Toohey, Green, Monaghan, Baker, McNaughton, McCewen, Hammil, Moore and a few other blokes who you didn't know their names.

You also said this "Try as they might to deny it, the Woodsmen are essentially the 3rds from the Magpies. Sure Dobson, Micka, Baker and Monaghan are all good enough for their senior side, and at least 10 of them would play in the Magpies reserves in a heartbeat - they obviously play Friday night for a reason."

So which is it ????

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back