2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandgate will never be full strength, their best forward plays for the Woodsmen now!

I think its probably fair to say that all this talk of who has who in and out is beyond us all now. Given the demographics of most teams, with plenty of 'over 30's' who have been there and done that, you have to accept that teams will never be full strength and you just have to do the best with what you have.

Good luck with everyone though.

Woodsmen to defeat Power by 5 goals
Kenmore to smash Ipswich
Mayne to overcome Falcons in a tight one
Zillmere to pip Sandgate at the post
Coorparoo to slaughter Yeronga
Jimboomba to smash UQ and secure 2nd spot
Kedron to roll up with 10 blokes and still beat the Cats by 20 goals

I predict final ladder positions to be

1. Kedron
2. Redbacks
3. Woodies
4. Zillmere
5. Sandgate
6. Coorparoo

Finals playing out as follows:

Woodies defeat Kings
Zillmere defeat Sandgate

Kedron defeat Redbacks
Zillmere defeat Woodies

Zillmere defeat Redbacks

Kedron defeat Zillmere after being down at 3/4 time and staring down barrel of a boilover, but Dad's army at Zillmere to run out of puff :)

If zillmere beat sandgate and Cooparoo win, sandgate will finish 6th. Which means the rest of your stuff is out. Try again expert.

Kedron just plain too good, as simple as that no excuses they played good footy
More like l was right all the time and you know have egg on your face l called it a week ago your club is a disgrace.
Care to explain the fight in the coaching box.
Clubs get your pens ready off season huge player walkout and my source knows a lot more than redback pride thinks he knows
Jimboomba will not beat UQ this saturday and will be on mad Monday in two weeks.

More like l was right all the time and you know have egg on your face l called it a week ago your club is a disgrace.
Clubs get your pens ready off season huge player walkout and my source knows a lot more than redback pride thinks he knows
Jimboomba will not beat UQ this Saturday and will be on mad Monday in two weeks.
DEADSET BLONK tell your so called source that l said That's more f*cked up than fingering your sister and finding your dad's wedding ring

Jimboomba will not beat UQ this saturday and will be on mad Monday in two weeks.
I you should stop sticking your nose in someone else busy cause you might end up with shit on it

Ahem, it feels like we should shift the tone slightly. There is only so much I can picture someone's sister who is also their mum, who is having sex with their brother/son, in a muddy demountable with no glass in windows in Jimboomba.
(Shared showers as well - which is awkward when it's your whole family)

Anyway.... Finals should be good. I feel like UQ were a bit unlucky but it's clearly the right top six, all with something to be hopeful about.

I'm assuming that 1&2 have the first week off and then play each other week 2 for a place in the GF?

If that's the case it won't do Kedron much good as that's 1 game in 3 weeks - after a soft Round 16 game. Players at this level need match fitness. My tip is actually Woodsmen to make it very close in the GF. Actually, hang that. I reckon they will win by less than ten points.

Kedron - Fitzgibbon, Fitzgibbon.. stop him and they are beatable. But who can stop him? Watson has the explosiveness but doesn't play tight enough. I don't think anyone else in the comp has the same mix of attributes. Yorston is the other main cog. Kedron are very cocky though - classic frontrunners. After a relatively easy home and away it will be interesting to see what happens if they get behind in finals matches.
Jimboomba - You have to love the redbacks, not just for the colour they bring to this forum but their old school style. Aggressive, scrappy, honest. There's always a fight with the opposition plus they're never too far from turning on each other. Too much is done by too few though. Guise can play but is not matchwinner on his own. Watson is pretty awesome actually but used to being allowed to do his own thing. If they get a roll on they are hard to stop but unfortunately I think they might well go out in straight sets, especially if they get Woodsmen after losing to Kedron.
Woodsmen - Haven't seen them play for a good while but they know how to win, and have a more even spread of talent than most - which is crucial at the back end of the year. Usually get the best team on the park when it counts. Could make it interesting against the Lions, though injuries will be a factor as there is no week off for them during the finals.
Zillmere - Should beat Sandgate but it will be a test. This Friday is a good Those teams seem to match up pretty evenly. If Zillmere win week 1, I guess they would play Woodsmen, and I don't think they can climb that mountain. Zillmere have some real midfield power but need Matthew Smith up forward, fit and well.
Sandgate - Widt.. I don't think he will have enough games to hit the ton as I reckon it will be a first week out for the hawks. They rely a lot on him and Ken Fuller and just a few others. The bottom half of the side isn't great and I think if the Eagles don't take them they certainly won't get past the second week.
Coorparoo - Making up the numbers I reckon, despite a good win over the Woodsmen a month back. Woodsmen won't make that mistake twice.

Ahem, it feels like we should shift the tone slightly. There is only so much I can picture someone's sister who is also their mum, who is having sex with their brother/son, in a muddy demountable with no glass in windows in Jimboomba.

Anyway.... Finals should be good. I feel like UQ were a bit unlucky but it's clearly the right top six, all with something to be hopeful about.

I'm assuming that 1&2 have the first week off and then play each other week 2 for a place in the GF?

If that's the case it won't do Kedron much good as that's 1 game in 3 weeks - after a soft Round 16 game. Players at this level need match fitness. My tip is actually Woodsmen to make it very close in the GF. Actually, hang that. I reckon they will win by less than ten points.

Kedron - Fitzgibbon, Fitzgibbon.. stop him and they are beatable. But who can stop him? Watson has the explosiveness but doesn't play tight enough. I don't think anyone else in the comp has the same mix of attributes. Yorston is the other main cog. Kedron are very cocky though - classic frontrunners. After a relatively easy home and away it will be interesting to see what happens if they get behind in finals matches.
Jimboomba - You have to love the redbacks, not just for the colour they bring to this forum but their old school style. Aggressive, scrappy, honest. There's always a fight with the opposition plus they're never too far from turning on each other. Too much is done by too few though. Guise can play but is not matchwinner on his own. Watson is pretty awesome actually but used to being allowed to do his own thing. If they get a roll on they are hard to stop but unfortunately I think they might well go out in straight sets, especially if they get Woodsmen after losing to Kedron.
Woodsmen - Haven't seen them play for a good while but they know how to win, and have a more even spread of talent than most - which is crucial at the back end of the year. Usually get the best team on the park when it counts. Could make it interesting against the Lions, though injuries will be a factor as there is no week off for them during the finals.
Zillmere - Should beat Sandgate but it will be a test. This Friday is a good Those teams seem to match up pretty evenly. If Zillmere win week 1, I guess they would play Woodsmen, and I don't think they can climb that mountain. Zillmere have some real midfield power but need Matthew Smith up forward, fit and well.
Sandgate - Widt.. I don't think he will have enough games to hit the ton as I reckon it will be a first week out for the hawks. They rely a lot on him and Ken Fuller and just a few others. The bottom half of the side isn't great and I think if the Eagles don't take them they certainly won't get past the second week.
Coorparoo - Making up the numbers I reckon, despite a good win over the Woodsmen a month back. Woodsmen won't make that mistake twice.
Your on drugs and obviously know nothing about Sandgate and Woodsmen. Ken Fuller doesn't even play for them, Sandgate have about 6-7 premiership players playing for them and have some very exciting talent. So u obviously haven't been to any Sandgate games this season. Sandgate beat Zillmere comfortably last time they met. Why are Coorparoo making up the numbers when they beat Woodies and Sandgate. Were understrength against Zillmere. UQ got beaten comfortably by everyone in the top 6 so no they don't deserve to be there at all

Last edited:

Your on drugs and obviously know nothing about Sandgate and Woodsmen. Ken Fuller doesn't even play for them, Sandgate have about 6-7 premiership players playing for them and have some very exciting talent. So u obviously haven't been to any Sandgate games this season. Sandgate beat Zillmere comfortably last time they met. Why are Coorparoo making up the numbers when they beat Woodies and Sandgate. Were understrength against Zillmere. UQ got beaten comfortably by everyone in the top 6 so no they don't deserve to be there at all

Obviously touched a nerve there Fairbump !! I think a fair assessment for the most part, but the big decider being who finishes in second. With the chance of second and a week off decided on this weeks results, makes the final round and winning percentage extremely important. I reckon that will influence who plays off in the big one. A week off for players to recover from small niggling injuries can make a big difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken Fuller is listed as having played 4 matches for Sandgate. Kicking two bags of 5 goals. Maybe an apology required??

Pretty good assessment. The thing about Fitzgibbon is that you can beat him in the air, but he will still kick goals. Quality crumber for a big man and can break a tackle.

Would have thought Woodsmen can only win it if they finish 2nd. On paper they should finish 2nd, given they are behind 2nd place by less than 0.5% and play Collingwood Park, while Jimboomba play UQ, but there is plenty of noise coming out of Chelmer about even fielding a team, let alone winning games lately. They finish 3rd, I reckon they go out first week of the finals.

Personally I don't see Sandgate or Coorparoo threatening. Coorparoo have had some good wins, but look at the names they had those weekends - they won't be around in the finals. Guest appearances from the likes of Lovett and Spurling won't be available to them.

Sandgate fielded what appeared to be a fairly strong side against the Woodsmen and got completely pumped, so I discount them completely.

Kedron my favourites, Zillmere the dark horse and Woodsmen the unknown given their injury issues. Obviously Dobson and Baker gone for good, but the rest of them could be back for all we know.

Jimboomba a quality side, but apparently have injury problems and perhaps some 'social' differences!

We gave them a hiding last time, but that was also the game where a late cheap hit ended the career of our 2014 B&F winner, which was unfortunate.

It's a bit of a myth that we're struggling to put a team together, sure we are struggling for 22 - but it doesn't count unless you can't get 18 on the field.

I have fond memories of an away game against Bond when we had 14 players and kicked 7 last quarter goals to keep the margin under 100!

We expect most troops back this week except for 1 or 2. Our skipper is still a maybe, but thats about it.

Would love a week off given our age profile, so make sure everyone is supporting UQ!

All those young fellas you have Maggot, you don't need a week off. In fact, why don't you take this week off if it's that important !?

:)
Thommo I've had every week off since they changed the rules and said we have to take a kick within 10 seconds too much pressure for a old guy like me

We gave them a hiding last time, but that was also the game where a late cheap hit ended the career of our 2014 B&F winner, which was unfortunate.

It's a bit of a myth that we're struggling to put a team together, sure we are struggling for 22 - but it doesn't count unless you can't get 18 on the field.

I have fond memories of an away game against Bond when we had 14 players and kicked 7 last quarter goals to keep the margin under 100!

We expect most troops back this week except for 1 or 2. Our skipper is still a maybe, but thats about it.

Would love a week off given our age profile, so make sure everyone is supporting UQ!
I go away and miss everything. Is that the reason why I don't see dobo's name anymore??

Yes mate, we have had 3 x ACL this year, including Dobbo and Bakes. 6 guys from best 22 have season enders, or in a couple of cases - career enders. Dobbo has retired and another midfielder Knighty dislocated and broke his hip, which spells retirement as well.

Onwards and upwards though, I reckon we're still in with a red hot chance at the business end.

I was tossing up whether to head to Sherwood tonight or watch the cricket...... Based on last night it seems that decisions been taken away....... Although I may be able to see the finish AND catch the second half of the footy? ;)

Q - How many sides in this division will kick a score higher than Australia's 1st innings in this weekends matches?

I'll go 9

I was tossing up whether to head to Sherwood tonight or watch the cricket...... Based on last night it seems that decisions been taken away....... Although I may be able to see the finish AND catch the second half of the footy? ;)

Q - How many sides in this division will kick a score higher than Australia's 1st innings in this weekends matches?

I'll go 9

Haha nice one King. My tip is 8!

I reckon we're still in with a red hot chance at the business end.

not if you keep reaching into the jar full of excuses.

Although, not sure any other sides could remain competitive if they lost players of that calibre.

Kedron with no Fitzgibbon and Yorston
Sandgate with no Widt and Whitfield
Jimboomba with no Guise and Harley
Coorparoo with no Morrison and Ducat (although I hear Morrison is done for the year with a knee)
Zillmere with no Burton and Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back