2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain what the 23rd Man rule is?
Southport had 23 players v Lions 22, the 23 rd is a rookie player.

Say Sharks v Redlands will be 23 v 23 but when a neafl team plays a afl reserves then it's 23 v 22. No 23rd player allowed for Afl reserves

On weekend Sharks took Golby off at halftime as he had to go to melb as emergency for lions v north, so 23 for 21, then lions lost a top up to injury, 23 v 20. Anytime that afl seniors plays at home and there reserves do as well they will take there senior emergency off at halftime at the most maybe 3 qtr time, the swans do this sometimes.

Where does the credibility sit with this comp. The neafl is part of the second tier structure...

Watched Broadbeach beat Mt Gravatt by 1 point in a thriller.For a second round game, it was pretty good. intense and very evenly matched, Both sides will only get better,as the season progress.
See a big win by Labrador over the Magpies, and UQ with a 1 point win over Surfers.

As it always was going to swamp - the naysayers who believed the panthers had a mortgage on the premiership are fools if they didn't think 1. Morningside would come back a bit and 2. others would improve. I know it was only beating a QFA side but from what I have been told, Labrador were as an impressive unit as any side in rolling Noosa in a prac match a month ago. Think they will be very very strong contenders with Panthers and maybe Grange / PBC. Alot will get back to injuries / luck but this comp will be a very even comp in due course - doesn't mean bottom will ever beat top but it will mean 80% of games are very competitive.

Tipping Round 2

QAFL_Fan (4) 8
Dezario (2) 7
2010Premier (3) 7
Chikka Ferguson (3) 7
Stuyd1 (3) 7
Spooner21 (4) 7
Live Baiting (2) 6
Lifes a Beach1 (2) 6
*Juch (2) 6
Thommo42 (3) 6
Thunderdoc (2) 6
Footymaad (2) 6
swamp13 (2) 5
Magpieboy (1) 5

QAFL_Fan won with 4 this week which takes him to the early lead with 8, *Juch got the away games for not putting tips in.Good close round a 1 point victory made a big difference as did some so called upsets, which may not be upsets as the season unfolds.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And may as well get my next ones in so that they don't get overlooked!

Wilston Grange
Broadbeach
Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Labrador

Haven't seen a side smash us like Labrador did for quite some time.
Look out Siders, u now have a competitor, wow they were impressive.
Yes I have heard the tigers are very good, Morningside will not dominate the competition like I and everyone else thought.

Yes I have heard the tigers are very good, Morningside will not dominate the competition like I and everyone else thought.
Agree - They still have Fraser and Lappin to come in as well!! P-Bolt, Baxter, Wadsworth, Daniel, Fraser and Lappin makes for a very good fwd line.
Will be good to have Morningside tested and to be honest I think a full strength Labrador will beat them too.

Broady were terrific in first half on weekend. Deserved to win but outstanding resolve from Mt Gravatt. Last 15 minutes of game had more turnovers than a Hungry Jacks grill with both sides tired and unable to put each other away. Cats just lacking a little more experience I feel.

What happened to Palmy on the weekend Dezario? Understand sandgate have improved but gee did not expect that boilover.

Agree - They still have Fraser and Lappin to come in as well!! P-Bolt, Baxter, Wadsworth, Daniel, Fraser and Lappin makes for a very good fwd line.
Will be good to have Morningside tested and to be honest I think a full strength Labrador will beat them too.

Broady were terrific in first half on weekend. Deserved to win but outstanding resolve from Mt Gravatt. Last 15 minutes of game had more turnovers than a Hungry Jacks grill with both sides tired and unable to put each other away. Cats just lacking a little more experience I feel.

What happened to Palmy on the weekend Dezario? Understand sandgate have improved but gee did not expect that boilover.
Gee with Fraser and lappin to come back in not bad still can't believe perry-bolt is getting a game at Labrador! Sandgate will test a lot of sides this year very young and hard running side move the ball well also! Thought Mt Gravatt would have beaten broady must have been a good game

Sangate played very well but palmy did themselves no favours, delivery into foward 50 was terrible. 8 changes to the previous weeks side didn't help either. No easy games any more in the QALF which is great.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back