Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, a good first effort, but it needs a bit of work, IMO. Here's a bit of friendly advice, take it or leave it. :)

1. Too many Blues in the backline. Think of the byes.
2. Too many midpricers (200k - 400k roughly).
3. Too many KPP's. Jamieson, Rowe and Merrett, good players as they may be, are not massive DT scorers. Membling summed it up well when he said:

4. Too much money on the mid bench, but it could work for you. Look for at least one bottom priced or near to bottom priced player for the bench which could give you 100k.
5. Are Kerridge, Young, Beams, Sexton, Sheed, Pearce, White and Menzel guaranteed games this season? Have a re-think about those guys.
6. Rucks. Almost everyone has picked one, if not both of Luey and Kreuzer for a reason.

Having said that, I like Docherty, Dahlhaus, Wingard and Roughy. There's definitely a team to work with, but it needs a bit of tweaking if you want to score highly. If your strategy is mid-pricers and a few guns then by all means continue down that road, but chances are it won't work out well for you. Have a look at some of the other teams to get a gauge on the most picked players and their strategies :)

Hey, I really like the way you presented your opinion. Yeah it was my first effort (whole 5 hours of it) I know it needs some tweaking.
I know I have too many Blues, but it was quite hard with the money I had left...
I will go over my team again and implement some changes.

Thank you

It's early day's and obviously there's going to be a lot of tweaking between here and round 1 but this is what my team is currently looking like. Big ups to anyone who provides feedback, you're a legend.

DEFENCE: K. Simpson, M. Hibberd, B. Smith, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, B. Whitecross (T. Clurey, M. Dick)

MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, B. Crouch, A. Swallow, N. Van Berlo, D. Rich, N. Freeman, P. Cripps (T. Dumont, A. Saad)

RUCK: N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer (J. Griffen, T. Nankervis)

FORWARD: D. Martin, B. Goddard, D. Swan, J. Ziebell, J. Hogan, C. Daniel (T. Membrey, M. Clark)

My thinking here is that I don't like the risk a lot of people are taking in their backline. I've locked in a lot of premiums, meaning that I can use my trades to lock in a premium midfield once the rookies and cash cows have increased in value.

It's early day's and obviously there's going to be a lot of tweaking between here and round 1 but this is what my team is currently looking like. Big ups to anyone who provides feedback, you're a legend.

DEFENCE: K. Simpson, M. Hibberd, B. Smith, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, B. Whitecross (T. Clurey, M. Dick)

MID: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, B. Crouch, A. Swallow, N. Van Berlo, D. Rich, N. Freeman, P. Cripps (T. Dumont, A. Saad)

RUCK: N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer (J. Griffen, T. Nankervis)

FORWARD: D. Martin, B. Goddard, D. Swan, J. Ziebell, J. Hogan, C. Daniel (T. Membrey, M. Clark)

My thinking here is that I don't like the risk a lot of people are taking in their backline. I've locked in a lot of premiums, meaning that I can use my trades to lock in a premium midfield once the rookies and cash cows have increased in value.
Nice team. Love the risks but there is better value then Ziebell.. Trade him to Adams or Kelly but apart from that love it. Love the Nic Nat inclusion.

Nice team. Love the risks but there is better value then Ziebell.. Trade him to Adams or Kelly but apart from that love it. Love the Nic Nat inclusion.
Thanks mate. Yeah, with you on that one. I've had my eye on Adams, and that'd also free up some cash to upgrade one of my rookies.

Is it me or does Adams stink of Caddy 2014

Priced at 70 big bullocking mids that dont rack up that might be just off the cusp of a starting onball position.

Im still trying to decide

The difference is he has some history of good scores. Not consistent, but enough to make him tempting.

upload_2015-2-13_11-14-46.png
Early look at my team, still alot of movements to be made!! Not sure on alot of things but will work with some/any advice!
Cheers guys

Amended team

Hey, I really like the way you presented your opinion. Yeah it was my first effort (whole 5 hours of it) I know it needs some tweaking.
I know I have too many Blues, but it was quite hard with the money I had left...
I will go over my team again and implement some changes.

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 7
still experimenting...

defence: hodge, lumumba, mayes, vlastuin, ibbotson, whitcross, jaksch (e), saad
mids: ablett (c), greene (v-c), deledio, swan, rich, wells, van berlo, newton, dick (e), vandenberg
rucks: kruezer, leuenberger, griffen (e), mckernan
forwards: gray, martin, bennell, thomas, martin, hogan, clark (e), krakouer
$91k in the kitty

thoughts?

Amended team

A definite improvement, but keep in mind Luke McGuane had an average of 15.7 last year, Jake Kolonoscopy is yet to play a game, Morabito just had more surgery/is having more surgery and Saad and Dumont are yet to debut. So I banking on them being starters in their respective sides (and yours) is a bit of a risk. I'd look to sure up your backline a little bit - the bottom three might be a bit of a risk for you. Like the rucks. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A definite improvement, but keep in mind Luke McGuane had an average of 15.7 last year, Jake Kolonoscopy is yet to play a game, Morabito just had more surgery/is having more surgery and Saad and Dumont are yet to debut. So I banking on them being starters in their respective sides (and yours) is a bit of a risk. I'd look to sure up your backline a little bit - the bottom three might be a bit of a risk for you. Like the rucks. :)

Jake Kolonoscopy:):)
Might change a couple of players, but I will take the risk with my back line.
Thank you

This was today's second crack at putting a team together, would be grateful if anyone has any thoughts as am pretty new to it, in my second year:
AFL Fantasy V2.png

Last edited:
I know it's early days still, but I see some pretty questionable rookie selections going on. Most of the rookies I see are 50/50 to get a game at best- and likely vest bait.

Really can't see any value in Van Berlo, borderline best 22. Same with Zac Jones.

Hopefully some rookies put their hand up in the pre-season, god knows we need something this year!

Same with Zac Jones.

name 2 rooks that would have a better chance of playing then z.jones (N.jones is one but who else for D6, D7, D8. note: I have whitecross D6). I agree with you he is probably not best 22 but there are no rookies at this stage of the year.

So to me not a questionable inclusion, maybe will change from my team after the NAB cup though.

Pretty much this time of year all rookies are placeholders in my opinion.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2015 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back