List Mgmt. 2015 ruckmen

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not a 1st ruckman, and never will be, so you're almost certainly correct that Goldstein will whack him.
He and Walker just have to concentrate on spoiling his hitouts, and beating him with 2nd efforts when the ball hits the deck.
Yep, on the money. I might only add that Blicavs should also run off and forward of the Dinosaur as much as possible. If we don't turn the footy over then he could do some serious damage running Goldstein off his legs going forward.

Of course Goldstein will do the same….run forward….and with Black, Petrie and Brown up forward Blitz will have to think of defending too.

Goldstein is a major hurdle to overcome.

Of course Goldstein will do the same….run forward….and with Black, Petrie and Brown up forward Blitz will have to think of defending too.

Goldstein is a major hurdle to overcome.

He is, but I'll back our defense and say Blitz will worry NM more running forward than Goldstein doing so.

They'll be aware we had 50 odd forward entries last week with little marking power, but with any of Hawkins, Brown, Walker and McCarthy up front tomorrow night the last thing NM will want to see is Blitz running forward too.

but what damage has he done?
How often has been encouraged to play forward instead of midfield and defense?
BUT...When he has gone forward he has marked the pill.

What are you asking? Goals?

He hasn't played as a key forward...what do you want from the kid.
Play D, Ruck, Ruck Rover, Wing, and Key Forward all at once.

How much damage has he done?!:confused:

The kid is beyond criticism for the impact he has had this year...GUN! Future Leader! Future ALL AUSTRALIAN mark my words.

How often has been encouraged to play forward instead of midfield and defense?
BUT...When he has gone forward he has marked the pill.

What are you asking? Goals?

He hasn't played as a key forward...what do you want from the kid.
Play D, Ruck, Ruck Rover, Wing, and Key Forward all at once.

How much damage has he done?!:confused:

The kid is beyond criticism for the impact he has had this year...GUN! Future Leader! Future ALL AUSTRALIAN mark my words.

perhaps if he goes forward and marks the pill as you have alluded too then lets play him in the goalsquare, he could be the next paul fish salmon, now there was a ruckman that did some "serious damage"

perhaps if he goes forward and marks the pill as you have alluded too then lets play him in the goalsquare, he could be the next paul fish salmon, now there was a ruckman that did some "serious damage"
Indeed! Big Fish...he was awesome in full flight. Still remember watching him on the lead at Windy Hill. And who could forget his 10 goals against Geelong when Gaz kicked 14.

I think Blitz is better off Rucking and running into the forward line with Big Lugs trailing 30 meters behind...that's his go!

Who needs trespassers on our board when Geelong 'supporters' turn on their own and refuse to give credit where due....

I'll give credit where it's due. I just have yet to see Blitz really inflict significant damage to the opposition going forward, so I don't think that's what we should be expecting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give credit where it's due. I just have yet to see Blitz really inflict significant damage to the opposition going forward, so I don't think that's what we should be expecting.
This is a fair point. I believe he is capable of it, but you are right in saying he has yet to do it in a big way.

He has drifted forward and taken multiple marks in the F50, but missed from set shots. It's only a matter of time before he kicks 3 or 4. Hopefully this week.

Interpretation.

I concede that he hasn't hurt the scoreboard, but he's causing the opposition some significant concern with his mobility and run, all in a short period of time from a non-football background.

I just get a little weary of Geelong 'supporters' constantly belittling our own.

[QUOTE"Turbocat, post: 35041830, member: 9147"]Not sure we can , this year. WE may have to just cover the next 12 months with a kid or two , maybe a Rookie.[/QUOTE]

That is one thing that the hawks are better than us at. If they need something they just make it happen. Why cant we go and get a quality ruckman at the end of the year. There are endless options, some cheap, some expensive, some short term, some long term.

If Ryder heads to the lions as expected it may start a chain reaction of ruckman moving clubs. Why cant we get involved. The all australian ruckman from last year is available most likely for a pick in the 20's.

[QUOTE"Turbocat, post: 35041830, member: 9147"]Not sure we can , this year. WE may have to just cover the next 12 months with a kid or two , maybe a Rookie.

That is one thing that the hawks are better than us at. If they need something they just make it happen. Why cant we go and get a quality ruckman at the end of the year. There are endless options, some cheap, some expensive, some short term, some long term.

If Ryder heads to the lions as expected it may start a chain reaction of ruckman moving clubs. Why cant we get involved. The all australian ruckman from last year is available most likely for a pick in the 20's.[/QUOTE]

Well, let's wait and see what happens. We might be in it up to our necks.

If Ryder heads to the lions as expected it may start a chain reaction of ruckman moving clubs. Why cant we get involved. The all australian ruckman from last year is available most likely for a pick in the 20's.

Why will Ryder set a trend for ruckmen to want to move?
He will move clubs because he is unhappy at Essendon.
Just because Ryder is unhappy at Essendon doesn't mean ruckmen at rival clubs are unhappy at their club.

Why will Ryder set a trend for ruckmen to want to move?
He will move clubs because he is unhappy at Essendon.
Just because Ryder is unhappy at Essendon doesn't mean ruckmen at rival clubs are unhappy at their club.

So if ryder goes to brisbane do you think leuenberger west and martin would all stay. If leuenberger goes to freo would zac clarke stay there.

Hawks have 5 ruckman, you dont think maybe a couple of them may move on for more opportunities.

There will be options available its just a matter of having a crack.

Hawks have 5 ruckman, you dont think maybe a couple of them may move on for more opportunities.

There will be options available its just a matter of having a crack.

Lowden! Get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's on the cusp of playing senior footy...probably would've if Hale wasn't there.

Lowden! Get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's on the cusp of playing senior footy...probably would've if Hale wasn't there.

Lowden will turn into a bidding war and will probably end up being a late 2nd round pick.

Leuenberger for our first pick is the best scenario we can hope for.

Lowden will turn into a bidding war and will probably end up being a late 2nd round pick.

Leuenberger for our first pick is the best scenario we can hope for.
As good as Lewy is, his body is fickle. We need to start drafting some players that can withstand playing football week-in and out.

We have so many 'talented' but injury prone players it's bordering ridiculous.

Cowan
Bundy
MCarthy
Vardy
Menzel
Hmac
Simpson
Burbury
Kersten
Bates
Hawkins has question marks now.

It's just too many.