List Mgmt. 2015 ruckmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowden will turn into a bidding war and will probably end up being a late 2nd round pick.

Leuenberger for our first pick is the best scenario we can hope for.

Nuh! rather Lowden (204cm), he's real hungry and raring to go, team him and Blitz and we'll be 'ok' 2015.

Last edited:
The club just has to make something happen in trade week.

Our last decent trade was a ruckman, who we thought would be a forward, so even if they land a ruck who becomes a forward... well, we need one of those too.

Who also came to us with big injury concerns

Were they big? He played most games in his last year at Richmond as I recall... just looked it up - 12 in 2003, 18 in 2004.

So that's 25 years of age, with 30 games from his past two seasons. I'd take that profile of a new recruit quite happily.

At least compared to Hmac's rather unflattering 28 and 8...

Nuh! rather Lowden (204cm), he's real hungry and raring to go, team him and Blitz and we'll be 'ok' 2015.

Well, according to CS, we're targeting Frawley, and Frawley only, so no ruckmen are looming on the horizon.

But then, like I posted elsewhere, you'd hardly expect Scott to tip their hand by saying anything different.

Well, according to CS, we're targeting Frawley, and Frawley only, so no ruckmen are looming on the horizon.

But then, like I posted elsewhere, you'd hardly expect Scott to tip their hand by saying anything different.
He was referring to Free Agents specificallyrather than trades.

Will Minson is on the outer at the Doggies….
Will is going to be 30 next year though, ideally we should be looking for someone in that 23-26 age bracket so that we're not just jumping from stopgap to stopgap. No issue with his ability, just that he's closer to the end than the beginning.

He was talking just about free agents and there are no rucks who are free agents this year.

We still may well trade for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mungo Jerry (AKA Zac Clarke) is being condemned on the Freo boards, not sure of his status. If he is looked upon as expendable by the Freo management, would he be worthy of consideration? He's quite mobile and has regularly played in the shadow of Sandilands. Question would be what would Freo want, and himself too. Maybe Jonathan Griffin, the under-understudy?

Last edited:

Thought he (Lowden) went ok, was it 4 goals or 3?, and handed a couple off at the weekend for Box Hill, prime mover I thought! ..Gee would reckon we need another big man considering our ruck dilemma and finals bomb. The guy "can run" as well as being 204cm.

Mungo Jerry (AKA Zac Clarke) is being condemned on the Freo boards, not sure of his status. If he is looked upon as expendable by the Freo management, would he be worthy of consideration? He's quite mobile and has regularly played in the shadow of Sandilands. Question would be what would Freo want, and himself too. Maybe Jonathan Griffin, the under-understudy?

Griffin is coming off a knee Reco but has talent , was playing strongly in the WAFL before the knee. Risky but tempting
Don't rate Clarke or Minson at all.
Giles fronm the Giants?

I would look at Giles - turns 27 before next season, so slightly older but not the worse age for a ruck. Played 20+ games in 2012 & 2013, only reason I can think of for his 9 games this was due to Mumford's recruitment so lack of opportunities and he still ave 23.7 hitouts & 2.7 tackles a game which is pretty respectable for a ruckman who spent many of his games this season playing as the #2 and spending time in the backline just so he was in the team.

Alternatively, hope that Ryder stays at Essendon and have a look at Bellchambers.

Did this thread just get harder after Daws really bad move the other night?

Not good.

I wouldn't have thought so. Mistake absolutely, but he's hardly the first nor last player to have a driving indiscretion, alcohol-related or otherwise. Just at Geelong, we've had less than ideal moments involving Johnson, Stokes, Caddy, Smedts for starters all in recent seasons.

I would look at Giles - turns 27 before next season, so slightly older but not the worse age for a ruck. Played 20+ games in 2012 & 2013, only reason I can think of for his 9 games this was due to Mumford's recruitment so lack of opportunities and he still ave 23.7 hitouts & 2.7 tackles a game which is pretty respectable for a ruckman who spent many of his games this season playing as the #2 and spending time in the backline just so he was in the team.

Alternatively, hope that Ryder stays at Essendon and have a look at Bellchambers.
Bellchambers has too many injury concerns for mine. Chronic foot problems from what I've heard, last thing you want when carrying 106kg's around.

Thought he (Lowden) went ok, was it 4 goals or 3?, and handed a couple off at the weekend for Box Hill, prime mover I thought! ..Gee would reckon we need another big man considering our ruck dilemma and finals bomb. The guy "can run" as well as being 204cm.

Since my post its been pointed out to me that Scott was referring to FA targets only. Silly me.

So Lowden might be on the radar after all.....because you're right, we do indeed need another ruckman desperately.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 ruckmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back