List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we'll up our offer now that Collingwood has tried to snipe him. I really hope he doesn't go to Collingwood, **** me.

Sorry for intruding on your forum guys. I'm a bit sad about the latest on Howe, I really liked the sound of Howe & 6 in exchange for your pick 3 (I'm pretty confident we want Parish and know Essendon will take him at pick 4.)

Do you think there's any chance you'll try to trump Collingwood's offer? I think it was 400k. I really don't want to see him in the black and white. :(

All my excitement for this trade period has suddenly dropped to a melancholic sense of boredom and indifference. Only thing I can think of is Howe's manager leaking false information about Collingwood in order to boost the Suns' offer.

We've just cleared 450k+ per year with Bennell's contract now nil and void, so I don't know if that's a bonus for us or whether we knew that was a definite anyway.

If we don't get Howe, any chance we'd accept a straight swap of Josh Walker for Smith? Different players, I know, but might be worth a shot given we'd likely not use Smith's pick anymore.

All my excitement for this trade period has suddenly dropped to a melancholic sense of boredom and indifference. Only thing I can think of is Howe's manager leaking false information about Collingwood in order to boost the Suns' offer.

We've just cleared 450k+ per year with Bennell's contract now nil and void, so I don't know if that's a bonus for us or whether we knew that was a definite anyway.

If we don't get Howe, any chance we'd accept a straight swap of Josh Walker for Smith? Different players, I know, but might be worth a shot given we'd likely not use Smith's pick anymore.
We were already offering the longer and more lucrative deal for Howe so don't know what happened.

And yes I would do a straight swap smith for Josh walker

Just get the bloody deal done. I'm just about done with this trade period already and these still 2 bloody weeks to go

Take a deep breath , haha , Seedsman looks a done deal really , if we miss out of Howe not sure who the club will look at for the medium forward role.

Jog on Howe, you won't be missed

Clayton's got the ammunition with the draft picks, time to shake a few trees and get a forward who actually kicks goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jog on Howe, you won't be missed

Clayton's got the ammunition with the draft picks, time to shake a few trees and get a forward who actually kicks goals
We won't target a medium forward of Howe's capability at the minimum in such a short period of time. They're few and far between. Not going to happen. It's Howe or the draft, and if it's the latter we've got egg on our face.

To be honest, the club has been pushing Howe in our faces for weeks on end and if we don't sign him it's going to be really embarrassing.

What a f***ing outrage.

Harley Bennell. Top 2 draft pick. Absolute gun and could one day the best in the comp.

What do we get for him?

We upgraded pick 22 to pick 16.

Really Gold Coast? Really?

I guess we where always going to be bent over in this deal as soon as we declared we where going to trade him , the positive out of it is he is Freos's problem now , Freo are paying his contract in full , we have another 1st rounder to use.

Marcus Ashcroft interview
This interview was happaning when the Howe roumurs to Collingwood started on Twitter, Ashcroft said in the interview we are still talking to him so will have to wait for the official word for his manager tomorrow I guess

if we have the cap space, i'd package up pick 3, 16 & 19 for a big name player. if we can still nab touk miller in the 30's last year then surely anything's possible by keeping pick 10.

we need experience and talent now, 4 picks inside the top 20 sounds like we're rebuilding, it won't help us make the 8 next year. if we're any chance of keeping not only our star players but our supporters around, we need success next year.

highly doubt we'll go down this path, but i really wish we would.

Howe was using us for leverage. When rumors of him wanting $650k p.a. came out nobody from his camp came out to squash those rumors cause he was actually looking to grab as much cash as he could get. Manager sees no interest at that price then signals the price is a lot lower to get bidding underway.

Use the pick to get the next Touk Miller and the the spare cash to restructure a few of the contracted players to front end their contracts and then come out with a mega extension for Tommy Lynch to appease the panicked BF masses.

Hello all and condolences re Bennell.

He was a gun, though one hopes that his loss will lead to an improvement of GC off field issues.

Gorringe seems to be pretty unpopular around here, do you think GC would consider a deal to get him off the books and free some cap space?
He'd be a downgrade to Sinclair, but who knows what a fresh start could do.

If you can pry him away from his GC girlfriend then go for it! haha

We may have picked up Touk with a 30s pick but we also picked up Gorringe with pick 10. Going to the draft is a lot more risky. Howe and Seedsman could turn into A-grades in the next 3 years and won't ask to go home anytime soon. Parish, Curnow or Francis could ask to go home in 18 months. I don't want to be like GWS who just loss former first round picks for more first round picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back