List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly surprised Mckenzie is still on our list.
I just think he needs to stop be so lazy. I remember in his first year he said he practice his kicking all the time. I highly doubt that this is still the case and as a result his kicking dropped off dramatically. It's just all about workrate.

At his best I think Currie is one of the better ruckman in the comp. If it wasn't for injury he would be one of the best rucks in the comp. I think in good enough form he could take Nicholls spot as the number one ruckman.

Have never rated Grant - but see possibilries - was an early draft pick and could be a late maturer. Is right height and experience to fill 3rd tall forward role we lack,. Is mobile and played under Rocket in his early years. Won't be super expensive either..,
He just lacks too much awareness for my liking and he's so inconsistent. His goalkicking is also pretty inconsistent and unreliable too. I'd only ever consider him if we give up nothing to get him.

Hopefully won't come to this.
Pretty poor of Dicko to do that to the club after all they've done for him. He should be urging Port to come to a satisfactory resolution, rather than threatening the Suns to go to the draft. But lots of money makes people funny so they say, and $3.1 million is a lot of money. Guess we know where his heart lies.

Just no...go get a copy of the Adelaide v Bulldogs game - he cost them that game and he is now looking at not getting a contract. It is a well known fact he just doesn't stand up when it counts (or when his team isn't up by 10 goals). He is the definition of a down hill skier

yeah, we need blokes who are consistently playing well over 22 games and into the finals. Grant is not one of these types.

I don't understand why you guys didn't ask for Geelong's future third that they got off of Brisbane rather than 49? You could use that third on your academy bidding next year, but will you even use 49?
Maybe we'll grab it later in the week and give you guys some picks to play with... we are sure to have some left over...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, we need blokes who are consistently playing well over 22 games and into the finals. Grant is not one of these types.
Yes you are probably right - but if t comes to a choice between an inexperienced draftee v's Grant to play the 3rd forward role - I'd go with Grant. Given we aren't attracting anything in way of seasoned players he fits into the target age group we are missing. At worst he adds to depth.

Honestly I think we should have a crack at Jarrad Grant at 192cm he could have a similar role to Jeremy Howe would if he joined us and could also play on a wing and would be a lot cheaper then Howe as well.
It's a possibility to fulfil a need, but don't expect him to be particularly good. He's a very average player at times; he can be outright awful at other times.

I remember watching a game with him this year and feeling bad for him, because it was one of those games where literally everything he touched turned to mud.

"Gold Coast remains hopeful of securing West Coast veteran Matt Rosa after he shocked the Eagles last week when he requested a trade.

Negotiations are ongoing but the 28-year-old could attract a second round selection from the Suns after 168 games with the Eagles if the club agrees to a trade.

Rosa is seeking more opportunities after being the substitute in the Grand Final as the Eagles continue to build their midfield depth.

The Suns have not budged on their wish to get more than pick No.10 for key forward Charlie Dixon."

Can anyone work out what #19 for Rosa + 2016 Weagles 2nd Rd (Say 34) would roughly work out to be as far as his value
with the whole points system melarkey?

I reckon it might be worth giving it up to get our trades period back on track?

Probably overs but he's contracted so is probably what it would take if we want it to happen. GC will make it happen - if they were able to get a player to agree to come to us they are not going to hang him out to dry.

Not fussed either way - OK player but a little old and will probably have to give a 3 year deal to move to us

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back