List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to be a tough hombre to be a descent ruckman these days, think Mumford. Goldy, Sandilands and even NicNat are all huge men. Zac can't muscle up and his positional sense and general footy skills nowhere near make up for it.
Bennell is a cancer, best move Eade ever did was cut him loose, just wish we could have done it last year when we would have got a lot more for him. McKenna really does have a lot to answer for.
When Dixon is fit he is just sensational, could be anything- but the cold hard fact is that he has chronic ankle problems and is just not worth risking 700 thou plus.
Dixon, especially is a big shame because he is Queensland kid identified by us and groomed into a huge, athletic and most of all highly skilled KPF... but he's chronically injured.. Time to move on.
We still have Martin, O'Meara, Swallow, Prestia, Ablett, Lynch, May, KK and potentially Curnow and Francis. Heaps of good B graders and few guys that could break out this year.
In Eade and Cordy I trust.............
110% and we have won big time with Currie for Smith unfortunately Zac has zero physical presence or edge to his game or AFL footy smarts.

Not a bad trade really. Smith was not going to get a look in behind Nicholls due to his lack of physicality and ability to play forward. Currie is the type of ruckman we are lacking and its not like he is some spud wasting away in the VFL. He was stuck behind Goldstein, so who knows how he will go when given more opportunity.

Honestly, what exactly were you expecting?

We've effectively swapped Smith for Currie. IMO that's a win.

Personally i was thinkn Zac was worth a mid 30s pick.
Not to have equal value to a bloke whose played 3 games.
Thought we would of ended up 20 draft picks ahead.
Getting Currie in the 50s and getting a mid 30s for Zac

And considering Zac will be there number 1 ruckman he goes to them real cheaply.
Currie will only be our 2nd maybe 3rd ruck. Makes no sence.

Oh well. So much for Ashcroft saying were after the best possible deal for our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally i was thinkn Zac was worth a mid 30s pick.
Not to have equal value to a bloke whose played 3 games.
Thought we would of ended up 20 draft picks ahead.
Getting Currie in the 50s and getting a mid 30s for Zac

And considering Zac will be there number 1 ruckman he goes to them real cheaply.
Currie will only be our 2nd maybe 3rd ruck. Makes no sence.

Oh well. So much for Ashcroft saying were after the best possible deal for our club.

Geelong have Stanley, who is way better than Zac. And Blicavs as well. To be honest, I think Geelong lost out with that trade. Time will tell.

Geelong have Stanley, who is way better than Zac. And Blicavs as well. To be honest, I think Geelong lost out with that trade. Time will tell.
blicavs will play on the wing..
number 1 will be a fight between smith and vardy
stanley will be the pinch hitter or you might find he will play more in the backline next year

Pick 49 could be used to upgrade a Rookie or it could be bundled with other picks & traded to a team that needs to accumulate points to pay for their Academy picks (eg: Brisbane, Sydney or GWS).

I don't understand why you guys didn't ask for Geelong's future third that they got off of Brisbane rather than 49? You could use that third on your academy bidding next year, but will you even use 49?
Zac wasn't rated very highly and its good to expedite trades to help players if you can

I don't think they lost, nothing player for nothing picks sounds about right

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back