List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone work out what #19 for Rosa + 2016 Weagles 2nd Rd (Say 34) would roughly work out to be as far as his value
with the whole points system melarkey?

I reckon it might be worth giving it up to get our trades period back on track?

36 (or 37) and Rosa for 19 is the equivalent of giving up pick 39 (or 40).

I think we would do that trade.

Interesting that the Bombers didn't pick up the Eagles Brant Colledge in the Giles deal, after it was rumoured they were interested after he requested a trade last week.

Could possibly play a Jack Darling type role up fwd - With stints through the midfield. Some big numbers in the WAFL. Possible cheap option to include the Rosa deal!?

View attachment 186096
West Coast lost their two key backs early and were forced to turn McGovern into a defender, and Brant still only played 1 AFL game for the year. His WAFL stats for the year were poor when a position in the side was clearly up for grabs.

Port were enticing Dixon to them half way though the season
Port have invested absolutely nothing into Dixon development
Port are offering Dixon a $3.1 Million contract
Now they want Dixon with additional draft picks
and in the process holding up other would be trades for the Suns

2 First round picks for Charlie and Pick 19 or NOTHING

Lets hope the Suns don't get bent over by Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing Port. Should have known they'd be a bunch of pricks after what they did to Brisbane with Polec, and Essendon with Ryder. We are essentially offering them 2 first rounders for two first rounders after they've been into Dicko's ear all year (and who knows probably longer), and they still won't agree to a trade. If he goes to the draft and they pick him at 10, watch them all jump up and down about the bargain they got.

Adelaide Advertiser reporting Dixon prepared to go to the draft in order to get to Port.

Dixon, 25, is committed to nominating for either of the AFL drafts — national or pre-season next month when the Power has pick No. 10 — and is confident of reaching Alberton where he has a five-year deal worth $3.1 million to sign.

This would leave Gold Coast empty handed. The Suns currently have the Power’s first-round draft pick (No. 10) on offer but are demanding two first rounders.

Dixons contract is similar money to Dangers. Who geelong gave up 9,28 and a player.. Just saying.. If your willing to show the money..
Got to do the deal

Dangerfield is around 800K, Dixon is under 600K and closer to 500k (depending on who you talk to). Salaries aren't close, and Dixons reported number keeps dropping.

If that Andrew Hamilton bloke is correct (which from what I've seen this year he generally isn't, Port would not want to be giving up its 2016 1st rounder - because of the new rules around use of first round picks over a 4 year period).
I think his draft rumour was 10 and 2016 1st for Dixon and 19.
The problem is 19 isn't a first rounder meaning port would go to the draft 2 years in a row without a first rounder.
The two ways around it on the surface are to eliminate the pick 19 and 2016 1st rounder component and do it as just pick 10, or with later round picks...... or swap pick 19 to pick 16.

Pick 19 is a first round pick... It's a End of first round compensation pick not a start of second round pick. And his using direct quotes from Marcus Ashcroft so I would say it's a fairly accurate article

Pick 19 is a first round pick... It's a End of first round compensation pick not a start of second round pick. And his using direct quotes from Marcus Ashcroft so I would say it's a fairly accurate article

So the issue here is whether the AFL rules count it as a first round or an "end of first round" pick in terms of the 3 year sliding window. I'd also question the value of the 2016 R1 for 19 part of the deal, seems a bit pointless - other than giving you points for next year, which is what you are after.

Quotes in his article are from Clayton and not Ashcroft, and assuming quotes are in '"' quotes as is the normal case, Clayton doesn't actually say anything about giving back pick 19, he only says:

“When you entice a player out you are obliged to get a deal done,’’ he said.
“They went after him, so clearly they value him highly.
“We have been fair and reasonable. We want two first-round draft picks but the first round is 18 long, we think that’s fair. Their first-round pick could be 18 next year.’’

The rest of the article is unquoted and hence has to be treated as Hamiltons words. And I'm pretty sure not that long ago Gold coast came out and had a crack at him for misrepresenting them in reference to Hinkley talking to Bennell - indicating they had requested him to do so.

Honestly this is probably, behind the danger and treloar trades, the most important transaction that has yet to conclude for the AFL. They got the Danger trade done, but the other 2 are held up. I can't imagine the Suns letting him walk for nothing, but I can't imagine they get 2 first round picks. Get a player, swap picks, and hammer a deal out. If nothing gets done, it's a black mark on an otherwise quiet period.

I much prefer to draft players that can potentially replace these guys that are heading off to get paid....it happens to every club, we're just getting up to speed to the pain every club feels around trade time.

Trust in the club, a lot can get done in 3 days, and then we'll analyse.

Those using Dangerfield as a comparison are way off the mark. You Can't realistically compare a midfielder with a KPF. Chalk and cheese. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that KPFs are way more valuable than midfielders, simply because they are so much harder to find.

He won't set the world alight but he will give 100% every time. He is fit, strong, a pretty good tap ruckman and a very strong contested mark.

Best of luck to Currie in his GCS career. I hope he gets to 100 games as after the effort and commitment he has given to NMFC, and as I'm sure he will to the GCS, he deserves it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back