List Mgmt. 2016 Draft/Trade/Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Mitchell is open to Carlton as to be honest Carlton has a lot more to offer in terms of trading than Hawthorn does, and Touhy would obviously be a good fit at the Swans.

AFLCA side last year and 3rd in our BnF and still underrated by many. I reckon he's a gun.

He's got a deadly 60m kick.

Hasnt missed a game for years. Durable and hard at it.

AFLCA side last year and 3rd in our BnF and still underrated by many. I reckon he's a gun.

His kicking from 55 is Buddy-esque

I would take Touhy in a straight swap for Mitchell. I love watching him play. Imagine him running hard off hb for us!

If we took him for Mitchell it would piss hawfies off, or else they'd have to increase their offer.

Terrible deal for the Swans, Mitchell worth more than Tuohy. That being said we aren't interested due to his salary demands. AFAIK we showed interest early and then moved on when he wasn't interesting in negotiating salary to a level we were comfortable with. I imagine it'll be a similar problem with you guys and Tuohy, unless he just wants the security of a 4 year deal.

North are apparently offering him 400k-450k a year over 4. Ours is similar money but for two years.

Not taking anything personally, I just think there's a real "what have you done for me lately" endemic on this board at times.

The last time he played for us he was 23 and people are saying he's used up his chances for christ's sake! He's had 2 seasons interrupted by injuries and otherwise has been clearly best 22 and shown real progress and x-factor.

Similar to a bloke named LRT that some might remember in that regard. Should we have chucked him in 2008?

Personally I want to see Reid run out in our new structure with Goodes retired and Tippo a genuine first ruck. I reckon he'll be great.

You know what they say about an offer that sounds too good to be true.

Don't get me wrong, wouldn't mind Tuohy but the hard sell by Carlton fans has to make you stop and think why are you trying to get a rid of player like this?

And how do you guys feel about playing a 195cm forward as a wingman, that can't mark the ball in the forward line or do much in defence?

Personally, I'd rather trade him.

It seems like a case of out of sight out of mind for yourself & many of his critics on here.
The last game Sam Reid played for us was in the final against Freo last year where we were severely undermanned & he dominated until injured.
Now importantly, when fit, Reid takes those important marks around the wing when players just bomb it long off the half back line. He also provides forward pressure as he is deceptively quick.

Now if peoples' opinion of Reid is clouded because he is often injured & can't get on the park, well fair enough but I suggest you go & watch some of the games he has played in & you will see he is one of the most versatile players on our list, hence why the coaches rate him highly.

im completely torn about reid.

He has potential but is constantly injured.

He gets ragdolled but is physically strong

Athletic but rarely uses it.

Great hands, poor kick at times.

Very versitile, but cant cement a spot.

You try not get rid of kp players but may have some sort of value.

Imo we should ask around and see if anyone will pay overs, other than that i say we should keep him

I've said it before. What would you get for the player you described above?

A 3rd or 4th round draft pick?

Keep him & get him right!

Better the devil you know!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never in my life as a football supporter/watcher ever known a player to be kept around so long on the premise of "potential". Maybe if we were a bottom eight/middle of the ladder team that really needed him, we'd keep him on the promise of his up-side. But we're a top side right now and have been for the last several years. We should be contending for flags and striving for a perfect list. Can't accept mediocrity and someone whose "sometimes" really good. What's his up-side? Some good marks and maybe 3 goals?

I gather you aren't talking about our club then!

We would have been the last team in the competition over the last 20 years to represent mediocrity.
Like I said before. Some clouded judgment about Reid based on the assumption that he is on 500K per year.

Where's your proof everyone?

Don't get me wrong, wouldn't mind Tuohy but the hard sell by Carlton fans has to make you stop and think why are you trying to get a rid of player like this?
Mal is just a little enthusiastic.

From a Blues perspective Tuohy is probably the only player who holds value that we can possibly live without. We have reasonable coverage in defence with Docherty leading the way and Ciaran Byrne looking every bit as good as Zach when he started (though he is recovering from an ACL), and Simmo still contributing. We are also looking to free up Plowman to provide some dash.

There is nothing to hide with Tuohy. A couple of years ago you could argue he lacked a little defensively, but he's now about the perfect small running defender. Strong, aggressive, skilled and along with Simmo probably the most durable player we've ever had.

He'd fit hand in glove with you guys. Only possible knock would be age but I suppose with the late transition to the game and good injury history he is young in football years.

We don't have too many unconditional footballers on the list. I'd be prerty distraught if he left.

Which 2015 games was he good in?

Reid can play.
If you believe he is always injured & we should trade him on that basis, then that is a different argument but anyone that suggests Reid can't play needs to reassess their definition of what makes an AFL footballer.

Every bit a footballer.

Tuohy would free up Mills/Jones/both to get in the midfield, would be very handy

He would be a legitimate replacement for Rhys Shaw!
In fact an improved model that is tough & can hit a target more often & threaten to kick a long goal on occasion.
A great trade if we can do it. T

If Tom went to Carlton for Tuohy & a reasonable pick, that's a better result for the swans then if he went to the Hawks, THE team that will directly challenge us in the next few years.
Don't strengthen your big rivals!

Tuohy would be a brilliant pick-up for us...people continually say that we lack outside run and kicking skills and he provides both in spades. FWIW I think he'll stay in the navy blue but I would love him at Sydney, providing the price is right.

It's a club decision!
Why are the people that want him traded taking it so personally? Leave it to them.

Thankfully the club rate him extremely highly and I'm going to hazard a guess that they know better than people posting on BigFooty.

Blues trying to regenerate list need to move players. Touhy is 26 and has trade value and they can replace him. There is a little bit of give and get if you want to improve your list.

If Tom went to Carlton for Tuohy & a reasonable pick, that's a better result for the swans then if he went to the Hawks, THE team that will directly challenge us in the next few years.
Don't strengthen your big rivals!

Would Mitchell for Tuohy and a swap of second round picks (23 and mid 30's) have a chance of getting it done??

Does Tuohy provide much more than Jones?

Not being facetious but haven't seen much of him.
He's a good running defender with a decent kick. Would probably mean Jones could rotate through the middle a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back