2016 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a long season.

Why trade out a player you picked as a keeper?

Barlow will bounce back.

Not purely due to a low score - more due to acknowledging that the rookies in the forward line look significantly stronger than the rookies in the backline.

If you agree with that notion, restructuring your team to reflect it will increase both your scoring and your cash generation. If you're right.

Looking at the forward rookies - McCarthy also looking good now, I'm tempted to trade out Barlow + back rookie (Dea?) for McCarthy (looks great!) and one of JJ/Rich/Lonergan.

It'd put more than $100K in the bank, and potentially increase scoring and cash generation.

I think that'd be better structurally with Forward rookies looking great and defensive rookies not so much.
You would be crazy to do it.

Trade Barlow out after one game when the whole team did not turn up to play is madness. There is a reason why you picked him in your initial team. Stick with your gut.

Trading for JJ is chasing yesterday's points.

You would be crazy to do it.

Trade Barlow out after one game when the whole team did not turn up to play is madness. There is a reason why you picked him in your initial team. Stick with your gut.

Trading for JJ is chasing yesterday's points.
+1.

Happy with my forward line so far -

Barlow, S.Gray, A.Hall, Wells, B.Kennedy, Kerridge (McCarthy, Petracca)

Barlow will bounce back this week I hope. :$:oops::cry::drunk::fire:
We have exactly the same starting 6. And I replaced Zerrett (instead of Barlow) with Gray :oops:

Robinson out 2 to 3 weeks. Suicide to trade him out? I have mena and papley on bench? No b kennedy though.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Im on the same boat. I moved him to mids via kerridge and put Hewett on the field.

Forwards suck this year... GIVE US BACK ROBBIE GRAY FFS!

Would be very happy to end the season with this forward line:

Wingard, Barlow, Hall, Dusty, Dahlhaus, DSmith/SGray/Zorko
(with one or two of Wells/BenKen/Menadue/Kerridge as mid/fwd dpp cover)

bold = currently own

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not keen on Lids steve?
Nah, I can't see him going down in price and I don't trust his calf
I reckon I'll be able to get guys like Dahlhaus and Dusty cheaper than start price

Robinson out 2 to 3 weeks. Suicide to trade him out? I have mena and papley on bench? No b kennedy though.

If you're going for overall then TRADE.

If you're mainly going for league wins then HOLD for one week before trading to the best bubble boy before round 3.

If you're going for overall then TRADE.

If you're mainly going for league wins then HOLD for one week before trading to the best bubble boy before round 3.

Surely if you have Menadue forward as Emergency you wait until he has played.
If he scores 80+ you hold Robbo for a week and if possible do the same the following week.
Avoid trading if you can is what I'd do

Surely if you have Menadue forward as Emergency you wait until he has played.
If he scores 80+ you hold Robbo for a week and if possible do the same the following week.
Avoid trading if you can is what I'd do
Sounds like a good plan.

If Menadue spuds up then you could either downgrade Robbo to a rookie and pocket the cash or trade him sideways to someone like Sam Gray.

Any pick has risk attached but the risk with Barlow is pretty low. Unless he gets injured his worse case should be an average around the same as last year which would be just about bearable for a Forward keeper. And best case he is number 1 for his position.

Much bigger risk if you start without him IMHO

It's not risky at all... If he averages low 90s he's still a top 15 forward.. With mid/fwd dpp that's great
He is a forward guys, not a mid..
90+ is premium for a forward

Min you get 90-95
Max you get 100-110

Risk??

do I have to wait a couple of more rounds before saying I told you so*, or are you trading him out this week?

*I have Wingard

do I have to wait a couple of more rounds before saying I told you so*, or are you trading him out this week?

*I have Wingard
I'm not God lol, we all make mistakes... What else can I say.. Sure, you told me so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back