Game Day 2016 Melbourne Cup- The GD Thread Special Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Righto, it's my go for the cricket club's punters club tomorrow. I need some sure things. Got $50 to bet. No pressure though, the bloke who bet on Saturday collected $570.

$50 on mystery bet...you'll be popular

Seriously I only bet on GF day, Melbourne Cup and the odd footy game I attend.

Give us some rolled gold tips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartnell best horse in it.
Oceanographer ran a bottler to get in on Sat. Luckily I took the 20's for the Cup before the Lexus
Jameka won the Caulfied Cup with a leg in the air. Hard to see her beating Hartnell after he gave Jameka a beating in the Turnbull. And Hartnell is better off at the weights.
Almandin will run a solid 3200 and Lloyd will have him primed nicely.

I'll maybe throw Wicklow Brave and Big Orange in the tri.

Wats the plan then Spider?

$50 EW or a spread of smaller bets?

Usually have a couple of $10 bets and a 1st 4, with 2 horses to win, them about 8 or 9 horses in the 2nd,3rd and 4th position. $30 usually gets me 1%, which doesn't sound much but the Cup 1st 4 usually pays $300,000+.

In 2014, I had Protectionist one out, then had horses 3,4,5,6 and 7 but stupidly left out Red Cadeaux, a perennial place getter from my bet Doh!!!!

Usually have a couple of $10 bets and a 1st 4, with 2 horses to win, them about 8 or 9 horses in the 2nd,3rd and 4th position. $30 usually gets me 1%, which doesn't sound much but the Cup 1st 4 usually pays $300,000+.

In 2014, I had Protectionist one out, then had horses 3,4,5,6 and 7 but stupidly left out Red Cadeaux, a perennial place getter from my bet Doh!!!!

So I am using the Rosetta Stone to decipher this...

Are you saying you put money on the first four horses that finish in order?

So I am using the Rosetta Stone to decipher this...

Are you saying you put money on the first four horses that finish in order?

Yes. You can pick multiple horses to finish in each position. The more selections you make the less % of the total payout you receive.

Example:

This means that I want 1 or 7 to win, then any of 1,2, 5,7,10,1218 or 21 to come 2nd,3rd and 4th

I took Oceanographer at $51 after its Geelong Cup run.

Not sure on Hartnell over the 3200 but it's the best horse in the race by a fair margin. Jameka isn't bred to stay but it's Caulfield Cup run was very impressive and hard to ignore.

Hard to fault Almandin and Wicklow Brave has super overseas form but both have drawn badly.

I'm going to sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

Grand Marshal and Oceanographer. In form and can run the trip.

I did back the swans in the granny though...

Almandin for me, in top form and will have no trouble with the trip. Has a horror draw and will need some luck, but has the inform McEvoy in the saddle. Lot of talk at how good Hickmott has it prepared and carrying very little weight makes it my top tip. Oceanographer will be in the finish, and I don't mind Big Orange at a bit more value.

It really is one of the most open Cups in recent memory. Good luck to everyone who has a punt.

Oceanographer and Big Orange for the two mine.
Weight on Big Orange worries me a little, but absolutely no doubt he can run the trip and I'm backing him in. Really should've got on Oceanographer after his Geelong Cup run, Lexus run was fantastic, will run a good race

With that said, it's wide open. Almandin, Hartnell, Jameka, Heartbreak City, Wicklow Brave all massive chances (though last two have drawn shockingly). Very even field

Just remembered why I don't bother with form - too detailed.

Regardless.

I can't find too many faults with Hartnell. Oceanographer looked great the other day but that's the thing, it was the other day, and it will take a huge effort imo. Jameka will be there abouts but the 3200 will test.

Qewy the best roughie and well worth a small investment to place.

Good luck to all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2016 Melbourne Cup- The GD Thread Special Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back