Game Day 2016 Melbourne Cup- The GD Thread Special Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we napalm the shit out of flemington and rid ourselves of anyone who attends/promotes this rubbish. "Last year a female jockey won"; yeah no, the bloody horse ran it, not her. It's just another marketing thing anyway, barely anyone actually gives a shit about the horses

Aaaaaaaanyway.....

Have loaded up E/W on 'the forgotten horse', Almoonqith.

Presents really good value, IMHO. No luck in last year's Melbourne Cup when it copped some interference, but came out the next start and won the Sandown Cup over the same distance. Has reportedly had a better preparation this year and had a good run in the Caulfield Cup, coming home with the fastest last 200m of the field. Will very much appreciate the extra distance. Wide barrier not a problem as it will settle back regardless. Slight class query but should be absolutely flying home with a wet sail.

Giddy. Up.

Usually have a couple of $10 bets and a 1st 4, with 2 horses to win, them about 8 or 9 horses in the 2nd,3rd and 4th position. $30 usually gets me 1%, which doesn't sound much but the Cup 1st 4 usually pays $300,000+.

In 2014, I had Protectionist one out, then had horses 3,4,5,6 and 7 but stupidly left out Red Cadeaux, a perennial place getter from my bet Doh!!!!

Did the same. I had Perfectionist as my anchor in trifecta, first 4, double, daily double and quaddie. Did not pick up a brass razoo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got 5 tickets in a one buck sweep.

... don't even know who's running this year.

Can we napalm the shit out of flemington and rid ourselves of anyone who attends/promotes this rubbish. "Last year a female jockey won"; yeah no, the bloody horse ran it, not her. It's just another marketing thing anyway, barely anyone actually gives a shit about the horses

You sound like my missus - "Can I get a sweep on how many horses will get shot this year?" Me - "How about you go listen to Skinny Puppy and leave us barbarians alone." (That nearly cost me lunch.)

Following Richo's value and off to a shit start. Zip from 4. Lift you pumpkin headed flog.
yeah me too (along with my own that have done a bit better!) He did get a place in the first and the the quinella in the 4th....only problem was, I didn't confirm my quinella as the phone rang and it sat in the betting slip page. D'oh.

Cirren Mirotic
Who Shot the Barman
Grey Lion

All good value each way chances IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2016 Melbourne Cup- The GD Thread Special Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back