List Mgmt. 2016 NAB Draft Picks #9 and #19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm happy with either simpkin or brodie but we could end up with someone else entirely now english has dropped out of top 10 calculations.

Yeah, Florent the emergency pick by the sounds of it. Heard some of your thoughts.

Significant rate of improvement at the end if your draft year is always a good sign. But he's doesn't project as damaging as Simpkin projects

Never seen a draft so full of talent and so unpredictable. Think this mornings blurb about Gold Coast holding the keys to the order is correct, as is the academy bidding.

On talent Carlton should bid on Setterfield at 5 but probably won't want to bite the hand that feeds them a stream of reserve players. Bowes should be bid on by Freo at 7 which would make an extra player available to us with our first pick.

Looks like the angst about us taking Logue has dissipated with GC or Freo taking him off the board.

I don't want us making an early call on anyone left field (Towers, D O'Keefe), just call out an outside mid with good disposal, happy with Florent or Simpkin, we don't need Brodie as that would just be replacing Mitchell.

Last edited:
Never seen a draft so full of talent and so unpredictable. Think this mornings blurb about Gold Coast holding the keys to the order is correct, as is the academy bidding.

On talent Carlton should bid on Setterfield at 5 but probably won't want to bite the hand that feeds them a stream of reserve players. Bowes should be bid on by Freo at 7 which would make an extra player available to us with our first pick.

Looks like the angst about us taking Logue has dissipated with GC or Freo taking him off the board.

I don't want us making an early call on anyone, just call out an outside mid with good disposal, happy with Florent or Simpkin, we don't need Brodie as that would just be replacing Mitchell.

if we are taking the best available as beatson said then there is no way we would overlook brodie for florent (who could potentially be there at 19). for that matter we shouldn't be picking brennan cox at 19 either.

Reading through the Freo board and it doesn't look like they want Simpkin at all. Reading through their board I get the impression they want Brodie/Logue/Scrimshaw...... Hopefully their recruiters read BF ;)

I don't want Simpkin either as he may have been good a year ago (maybe) but he has had a serious injury since then, one a lot of players never fully recover from and the one video I have seen of Simpkin's highlights he was woeful.

I don't want Simpkin either as he may have been good a year ago (maybe) but he has had a serious injury since then, one a lot of players never fully recover from and the one video I have seen of Simpkin's highlights he was woeful.

If anyone is seriously looking at picking someone on the basis of a single video I will go he'

I really dont understand the endless speculation about a bunch of guys most of you have never even seen play.

No one really knows beyond the first 3-4 picks anyway. some make it and some dont. and thats just the way it is.

Think we will take Simpkin at #9. Honestly though I hope that whoever we take turns out to be a gun. Our early picks haven't really been gems in the recent past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we will take Simpkin at #9. Honestly though I hope that whoever we take turns out to be a gun. Our early picks haven't really been gems in the recent past.

Zak Jones goes alright with plenty of ceiling still to come.

Imagine a couple of guys of similar calibre at 9 & 19. Exciting day.

Zak Jones goes alright with plenty of ceiling still to come.

Imagine a couple of guys of similar calibre at 9 & 19. Exciting day.

I'd hope at 9 we get someone better than Jones was rated in his draft year. Jones was a late first rounder though to be fair. I agree with you in terms of his potential- really looking forward to him in 2017.

I'd hope at 9 we get someone better than Jones was rated in his draft year. Jones was a late first rounder though to be fair. I agree with you in terms of his potential- really looking forward to him in 2017.

You need to move on from your power rankings IMO.

Lot more than draft year stats decide a player.

From all the knowledgeable phantoms, it does seem the top 6 are relatively the same, McCluggage, McGrath, Ainsworth, Setterfield, Taranto & SPS, just the order to be sorted. After that a fair bit of conjecture.

Hopefully Bowes soaks up one of GC's picks before us and Logue goes before our pick. That leaves a lot of very highly rated players for our first pick and probably our second pick as well. Wish we had another pick around 9 :) so many to choose from.

On a more general note, it's great that Gold Coast and Brisbane both have several early picks to kick start them again.

From all the knowledgeable phantoms, it does seem the top 6 are relatively the same, McCluggage, McGrath, Ainsworth, Setterfield, Taranto & SPS, just the order to be sorted. After that a fair bit of conjecture.

Hopefully Bowes soaks up one of GC's picks before us and Logue goes before our pick. That leaves a lot of very highly rated players for our first pick and probably our second pick as well. Wish we had another pick around 9 :) so many to choose from.

On a more general note, it's great that Gold Coast and Brisbane both have several early picks to kick start them again.

Yeah I want Scrimshaw gone before our pick too. Something about 'no defined position' turns me off big time

Yeah I want Scrimshaw gone before our pick too. Something about 'no defined position' turns me off big time

its not just you so don't take it personally but i don't understand the criticism of 'no defined position'. even those doing some of the major mock drafts use it as a weakness of some players. if the kid has played he has played in a position, if he's played in multiple positions then so what. hasn't clarkson and beveridge proven the benefit of these type of players. you've either played well or not, regardless of position.

its not just you so don't take it personally but i don't understand the criticism of 'no defined position'. even those doing some of the major mock drafts use it as a weakness of some players. if the kid has played he has played in a position, if he's played in multiple positions then so what. hasn't clarkson and beveridge proven the benefit of these type of players. you've either played well or not, regardless of position.

I think thats fine for forwards/mids but for a defender it is a problem. Scrimshaw seems more attuned to playing tall without the size to play tall at the next level. I'm having flashbacks to the other year when we put Rampe on talls as the third tall and he got monstered with Scrimshaw.

Added to that I don't think he gives us enough rebound that we don't already have with McVeigh possibly heading back there full-time, and he's not someone I want to see push up to a wing at all. Hard Pass for mine.

I think thats fine for forwards/mids but for a defender it is a problem. Scrimshaw seems more attuned to playing tall without the size to play tall at the next level. I'm having flashbacks to the other year when we put Rampe on talls as the third tall and he got monstered with Scrimshaw.

Added to that I don't think he gives us enough rebound that we don't already have with McVeigh possibly heading back there full-time, and he's not someone I want to see push up to a wing at all. Hard Pass for mine.

i have simpkin and brodie ahead of scrimshaw but i don't mind him as much as some. for me he's a malceski type who won't play on the talls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back