2016 Olympics Boomers

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly the same as that Socceroos Italy bullshit. Refs assuming we play dirty so calling us for bullshit.

That call on Mills was the biggest load of shit. F**k the good sportsmanship, we deserved that we got more crap calls & should of been 10 up. Bloody filthy.

Heartbreaking finish. Played very well in the second half. I hate ref blaming but that call on Mills was so bloody soft.

Yep, that was bullshit. Spain flopped all night, and the refs bought it hook, line and sinker. First it was Reyes and then it looked like Mirotic had done his ACL before he was back on the court 1 minute later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there really much difference in the charge against Ingles and the foul against Mills? Haven't seen a proper replay of the Ingles charge, but looked to me like the defender was still moving and didn't have his feet on the floor.

Rubbish calls all game for both sides, but I reckon we got the worst of it.

Bogut once again doing his usual. Missing when needed.
Whoa whoa whoa. They targeted him early. With refs in their pocket they fell for every soft flop they laid on Andy. They drove at him & made sure they fell into him wherever possible. Obvious pre-game plan, the issue is Baynes is so utterly crapola he was ZERO help when they did. I.e. he wasn't collapsing or rotating in/out. He was leaving ALL the rebounding to Bogut. He looked mean but played soft & clumsy. If Bogut had Motum out there playing like he was in the 3rd then I reckon that would have helped because it was obvious that Baynes was just making up numbers on the court.

Was there really much difference in the charge against Ingles and the foul against Mills? Haven't seen a proper replay of the Ingles charge, but looked to me like the defender was still moving and didn't have his feet on the floor.

Rubbish calls all game for both sides, but I reckon we got the worst of it.
Ingles defender was absolutely moving even though both him and the screener timed it terribly.

The difference was that INgles at least made some foul worthy contact.

Im still stunned that was called.

Whoa whoa whoa. They targeted him early. With refs in their pocket they fell for every soft flop they laid on Andy. They drove at him & made sure they fell into him wherever possible. Obvious pre-game plan, the issue is Baynes is so utterly crapola he was ZERO help when they did. I.e. he wasn't collapsing or rotating in/out. He was leaving ALL the rebounding to Bogut. He looked mean but played soft & clumsy. If Bogut had Motum out there playing like he was in the 3rd then I reckon that would have helped because it was obvious that Baynes was just making up numbers on the court.
Maybe so, but Bogut is an elite NBA defender. Maybe a bit harsh on him, but I'm sure he'd be disappointed that he fouled out two minutes into the second half. Particularly with the way he played and finished the finals.

Has anyone called the police? Absolute daylight robbery. Refs were inconsistent and quite frankly horrible all game. However, never in the history of basketball is that a foul.
He was backing up, had his arms up and there was little to no contact. I would be f*cking fuming if I wasn't so tired!

Has anyone called the police? Absolute daylight robbery. Refs were inconsistent and quite frankly horrible all game. However, never in the history of basketball is that a foul.
He was backing up, had his arms up and there was little to no contact. I would be f*cking fuming if I wasn't so tired!
Literally too emotional and aggravated to go to sleep. That is not right. How many times have Australia being shafted by dodgy officiating? It's just ridiculous.

I can't find anywhere else where this is relevant. Go friggin Serbia.(against the US) For what it is worth the Bogurt calls are a bit harsh. He had some very good finals games in the last two years. The games he didn't contribute were the games Golden State went small.

Ive said this in other threads but as a long time Boomer supporter massively proud of how the boys played the whole Olympics bar the Serbian game. Plenty of the other Australian teams could learn a bit about how the Boomers played as a team. Patty Mills was sensational the whole tournament.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Olympics Boomers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back