2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes flipper you are right. There was another player who played 1 game of seniors. Must have been very diligent in your search. The fact remains there was no stacking. You want to complain that Coorparoo has depth go ahead. We had 7 out in the reserves, and a few out in seniors and still won both games. Get over it.

Nope, just proves you are dealing up fiction rather than the facts

Give the old trumpet a blow big foss I love it. Any other standout moments in your woodies career?

Plenty, there was one against Colly Park in what i think was your clubs debut final in 2011.

My 3rd child was born that morning, i turned up at half time and won the game for the woodies*

*may not be true, in reality i may have arrived after half time when we were already 40 points up, broken my arm, had a very angry wife and missed the rest of the finals

Well the bastard has cost me Be big dollars ahah No surgery, just plenty of physio, acupuncture. Since it happened I've been doing minimum of 4-6 hours of ice per day aswell as a compression boot. Been off work and in the moon boot but have been doing all the rehab possible to get back ASAP. Have the all clear to head back to training this week most likely miss the Zilmere game but if we are down on numbers might sit a bench spot to help out. Should be right to go the following week. But have been/will be doing everything possible to get back as soon as I can because the boys have been struggling abit. Has been tough sitting on the sidelines but I will be back at some stage this year just depends on how the ankle goes at training. Will be the first time running/jumping/changing directions so fingers crossed.

You should be sweet.

AFLQ insurance covers 90% these days.

I assume you're aware of that?

Nope, just proves you are dealing up fiction rather than the facts
Ah you got me! My deceptiveness has caught me out. Should have trolled through the seniors list and would have picked up the guy who played 1 seniors game, but also happens to have played his 2nd game in 3rds on Friday night due to his unavailability to plat reserves on Saturday because of work. How could I not own up to systematically cheating by stacking the team to beat the team sitting 6th on the ladder to prepare us for a run to the finals. Probably only need to win the last 6 games, still unlikely to get there though. Once again I apologise for my lies and will make an effort to be better prepared in the future.

What is Byron Spurling doing playing 3's?

He is obviously not a 3s player on talent, nor a 2s player.

I do note that he hasn't played 1's or 2's this year though. Scotty Miller is also pretty handy at this level and old Adam Minchev as well. (also ovbiously no longer Senior players, but with plenty of talent!)

You should be sweet.

AFLQ insurance covers 90% these days.

I assume you're aware of that?

The paperwork I got only covered 50% of all non Medicare items apparently and Rexy mentioned dobbo last year got Bec to nothing back so I haven't bothered with any of it and just used my private Health for as much as possible it's just been the income from work that's been the problem and I don't believe they cover that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheer Thommo

What is Byron Spurling doing playing 3's?

He is obviously not a 3s player on talent, nor a 2s player.

I do note that he hasn't played 1's or 2's this year though. Scotty Miller is also pretty handy at this level and old Adam Minchev as well. (also ovbiously no longer Senior players, but with plenty of talent!)
Byron and Adam have work commitments on Saturdays. Scotty is a week to week proposition and only available for 3s. Would be nice to have these guys every week but not possible. There is great fluctuations in who is available each week and the performance of the team is indicative of this.

yes, understand that.

Seems like it was just a perfect storm for Collingwood Park. All the old guns who only plays 3's part time were available, plus 3 guys dropping down due to unavailability on the Saturday turned it into a very very strong side.

Given the 1's and 2's won, its hardly stacking.

Moving forward from the cooparoo game Friday night there's no need to keep dwelling on it. Regardless of stacking or not there isn't any specific rules for or against it so until a rule comes in to prevent clubs from doing it single teams clubs just have to cop it I suppose. Fact of the matter is we got spanked by 15 goals at the hands of a club who has been getting beaten by 10 goals week in week out. So whatever comments or speculation that wants to be made on it can be. I'll address our players and people involved in the club tomorrow to leave the scenario be so whatever talk from here on out about it will have nothing to do with us. So let's all move on to this week or other chat about the weekends games.

How can you create a rule?

They had 3 sides playing on the weekend, all 3 sides won comfortably. They are just a good club with good depth.

their 3rds are an older bunch, with plenty of talent when available. Just luck of the draw who they are playing when they are available.

Power lucked out this week.

Just look at the QAFL. Broadbeach were lucky enough to get UQ in the middle of exam block, and it turned a likely win in to a 25 goal % booster!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Luke Geraghty is even reasonably fit, he will be a valuable addition. If he got himself 90-100 % fit, he will tear this comp a new one.

please, decent enough player - but lets be serious.

still trying to work out how he won the medal in a losing side on GF day in 2009 over old timers Blackmore or Gonthier.

Maybe Twinkle Toes was the umpire?!

Moving forward from the cooparoo game Friday night there's no need to keep dwelling on it. Regardless of stacking or not there isn't any specific rules for or against it so until a rule comes in to prevent clubs from doing it single teams clubs just have to cop it I suppose. Fact of the matter is we got spanked by 15 goals at the hands of a club who has been getting beaten by 10 goals week in week out. So whatever comments or speculation that wants to be made on it can be. I'll address our players and people involved in the club tomorrow to leave the scenario be so whatever talk from here on out about it will have nothing to do with us. So let's all move on to this week or other chat about the weekends games.
Ha Ha, nice way to move on Major with a couple of veiled shots on the way out. You seem like a pretty level headed guy with your teams best interests at heart. Fact is 4 of the top 5 last year were single team clubs and 5 of the top 7 this year are also single team clubs. Other than that, what Doddsy75 said above I can't improve on.

If you look at this the history of this comp back to 2007, the only time a 3rds side has won it was way back in 2007 when the Western Magpies won it over the Logan Cobras, and they were just the pre-cursor to the Woodsmen anyway.

2007 - Magpies beat Logan
2008 - Pine Rivers beat UQ
2009 - Woodsmen beat Redbacks
2010 - Redbacks beat Woodsmen
2011 - Redbacks beat Bond
2012 - Pine Rivers beat Redbacks
2013 - Zillmere beat Yeronga
2014 - Woodsmen beat Wynnum
2015 - Kedron beat Woodsmen

So over a 9 grand finals, only 3 times has a '3rds' side contested a Grand Final, and only once have they won it, and that wasn't a real thirds side anyway.

I'd suggest there are greater advantages for 1 team clubs than there are for 3 team clubs on that evidence.

Ha Ha, nice way to move on Major with a couple of veiled shots on the way out. You seem like a pretty level headed guy with your teams best interests at heart. Fact is 4 of the top 5 last year were single team clubs and 5 of the top 7 this year are also single team clubs. Other than that, what Doddsy75 said above I can't improve on.

I am a very level headed bloke but you seem like abit of a knuckle head to be honest. There wasn't any veiled shots fired at all. If you want to break it down I simply said regardless on who you played or who you didn't your entitled to do so. There isn't any rule in place that says you aren't aloud to. Fact of the matter is you could have played your entire senior side and beaten us by 400 if you wanted to and regardless of the result there's nothing in place that makes that not okay for you to do. At no point have I accused you of stacking or said we deserved the win more than you or that we were robbed. All I said was that essentially based on other results this year there was a 25 goal difference to judge the weekends game on. I've also stated that I wasn't at the game and had no comment to make on anything that happened on the night apart from the fact that I had called around to some of the players and even other club members who informed me that they were in fact embarrassed about some of their/our behaviour on the night and put my own neck out to apologise. I have nothing against you or anybody at cooparoo and since I started playing as an 8 year old I've had nothing but positive experiences with the club and its members. Hence why I'm trying to do the right thing and clear all this rubbish up. Like i said above from now moving forward let's leave all the rubbish behind. As a club you did nothing wrong Friday night and we got beaten by a better 22 simple as that. Everybody else on here regardless of who they played or dropped down or didn't results are in they picked up the 4 points we didn't. Once again apologies for the rant but no need to keep carrying on.

Appears you have a fair opinion of yourself anyway.

I think level headed is a fair opinion of me mate. No self esteem or confidence issues here that's why I put myself out there state my views and if you don't like it or don't agree my name and number is clearly stated so you no exactly where's it's come from. Any problems anybody can direct message me or have a chat around the grounds on a Friday night. Assumptions can be made that your involved with the cats so I look forward to a beer with you in a few weeks time and you can gain an opinion of me personally.

Regardless of stacking or not there isn't any specific rules for or against it so until a rule comes in to prevent clubs from doing it single teams clubs just have to cop it I suppose. Fact of the matter is we got spanked by 15 goals at the hands of a club who has been getting beaten by 10 goals week in week out. So whatever comments or speculation that wants to be made on it can be.
That is my idea of a veiled shot. You don't agree that's fair enough, but I won't resort to negative personal assessments of your personality.
The other thing regarding your comment I found unusual is that you refer to a 25 goal difference. How do you get that? Was the first time we played Collingwood Park this year. You are using results from games against teams much higher on the ladder and relating them to the result on Friday night. It is not even relevant. The draws that our teams have had are markedly different in the level of competition we have faced each week based on competition results.
To be honest I agree with you in that I have wasted enough of my time on this topic, but I will defend my club as we have always and will always operate in the right spirit of the game and this competition, while also trying to give all players from the club the opportunity to play a game of football each week.
I didn't have an issue with you personally, and hope that past this point you can continue to have positive experiences with Coorparoo. Maybe at some point in the future we can have a beer to move on. If not fair enough and good luck to your club for the rest of the season.

That is my idea of a veiled shot. You don't agree that's fair enough, but I won't resort to negative personal assessments of your personality.
The other thing regarding your comment I found unusual is that you refer to a 25 goal difference. How do you get that? Was the first time we played Collingwood Park this year. You are using results from games against teams much higher on the ladder and relating them to the result on Friday night. It is not even relevant. The draws that our teams have had are markedly different in the level of competition we have faced each week based on competition results.
To be honest I agree with you in that I have wasted enough of my time on this topic, but I will defend my club as we have always and will always operate in the right spirit of the game and this competition, while also trying to give all players from the club the opportunity to play a game of football each week.
I didn't have an issue with you personally, and hope that past this point you can continue to have positive experiences with Coorparoo. Maybe at some point in the future we can have a beer to move on. If not fair enough and good luck to your club for the rest of the season.

Totally agree that no more time needs to be wasted on the topic that's what my last few posts have been trying to indicate. I still have no issues with cooparoo or anybody at the club. And the reason for me trying to move on and apologising is that I don't want you cooparoo to be painted with the 'stacking brush' and Collingwood park to be painted in negative light either. No need to have a beer and move on I'm well over it we can just have a beer after a Match to hopefully celebrate a good game of footy. Good luck with the rest of the year aswell hoping you can upset a few top teams and improve our very slim/sliding chance of being involved with finals footy.

Cheers

the assumption that based on results in one game should therefore determine the results in another has always mystified me.

Just because Team A beats Team B by 10 goals and Team B beat Team C by 10 goals, does not then mean that Team A should beat Team C by 20 goals, in fact it doesn't even mean than Team A should beat them. Footy is not a bloody linear equation.

please, decent enough player - but lets be serious.

still trying to work out how he won the medal in a losing side on GF day in 2009 over old timers Blackmore or Gonthier.

Maybe Twinkle Toes was the umpire?!
Thommo summed you up perfectly, NFI.
If the best you can do is to get on here and bag a guy for winning the medal in a losing gf then you don't have much to offer, do you ? As a wise man once said, if you've got nothing nice to say, shut the f*** up.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back