2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a forfeit.

We're all friday night only but have had to get a side together for away games at Jimboomba every year.

Can't just opt out of the draw because it doesn't suit!

PS. I think you missed the joke

It was always going to be an issue for our team and I know everyone in the comp finds the Saturday game at Jimboomba problematic...In a perfect world we would love to play...The players have made their decisions on availability and some are pretty valid...we have offered Jimboomba an option to have a game if they want to take a forfeit so be it...

PS. Maybe you should ask to play Mayne on a Saturday next year...then at least you will get the 4 points.

The boys are definitely keen for the Friday night game rather then accepting the forfeit, will be played at Moorooka I believe.

And now for something completely different,
I know going back a few years there used to be a representative side picked from this competition, I wonder if it was out to aflq that there could once again be a rep side? Maybe a best22 in qafab and best 22 in qafa. It would give all the boys in our comp something to push for and maybe some of the better players from the bottom couple of clubs a chance to really mix it with big boys!
Also gives us a chance to smash qafa and put to bed which is the better comp maybe?!

PS. Maybe you should ask to play Mayne on a Saturday next year...then at least you will get the 4 points.

Shots fired!

ACE! 15-0

Hopefully get a chance to return the favour in the finals...?

Shouldn't have attacked the net.

15-15, your serve.

The boys are definitely keen for the Friday night game rather then accepting the forfeit, will be played at Moorooka I believe.

Precedent set. Wouldn't want to knock another club back making the same request!

And now for something completely different,
I know going back a few years there used to be a representative side picked from this competition, I wonder if it was out to aflq that there could once again be a rep side? Maybe a best22 in qafab and best 22 in qafa. It would give all the boys in our comp something to push for and maybe some of the better players from the bottom couple of clubs a chance to really mix it with big boys!
Also gives us a chance to smash qafa and put to bed which is the better comp maybe?!

Great idea. Who wants to pick a team?

Guise, Dillon, Watson, Rooks, Martin, Green, Mihalopoulos, Curtis, Moore, Monaghan, McNeice, Spurling, Burton, Long, Cash, Dickfos, Colvin, Duce, Lavey

There are 19 gun players without putting much thought to it and not even considering UQ, who are the form side. Would be a tough side to pick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QAFA B over 30s vs under 30s? :)

I thought that I'd have a go at trying to pull together what the rough squads might look like. My knowledge of the other teams would never be good enough to legitimately pick the best under/over squads, so I used the "times in best" listing from the AFLQ website as a guideline. I also threw in an arbitrary "must have played 5 games rule" (half of the season to date) to help narrow the field a little. This probably ruled out a few of the better players (i.e. I know that it took out a bunch of the better players from our list at UQ, and took out Tomlinson, Dillon & Watson from Jimboomba). No doubt there are also some handy players at each club who just don't get listed by their coaches for whatever reason, which would have meant that I overlooked them as I don't know much about them. I had 25 names in the older group, and then had to extend that out to 28 for the younger group as the "times in best" seemed to be spread around a bit more there. Anyway, here's what that left us with:

Over 30's: B.Clark, D.Lutton, O.Smith, G.Wilkinson (UQ), M.Ayre, B.Burton, C.Colvin, D.Dickfos, M.Gould, B.Long, M.Smith, M.Whiting (Zillmere), A.Balnaves, S.Cannan, B.Suitor, A.Widt (Sandgate), T.Green, C.Mihalopoulos, A.Thomson, S.Toohey, K.Verma (Woodsmen), R.Heppell, R.Shaw (Jimboomba), S.Miller, A.Minchev (Coorparoo)

Under 30's: B.Bell, S.LePage, S.O'Brien, C.Willmett (UQ), A.Russell, I.William (Zillmere), J.Dunell, T.Hoult, R.O'Dwyer, T.Waterman (Sandgate), S.Curtis, C.Davis, N.Masters, G.Moore (Woodsmen), J.Dunn, J.Guise, B.Lawrence, T.Martin, K.Rooks, C.Smit (Jimboomba), J.Furnari (Ferny Grove). R.Major, D.Watts (Collingwood Park). B.McNiece (Morningside), T.Ditchburn, J.Falconer (Mayne), T.Spurling (Coorparoo), T.Hillier (Yeronga)

Timmy Martin and myself in the same forward line would be unreal. Rather flattered to be included! The young guns by 6 goals!

Also times in best might not be the best indicator. At Collingwood park we submit 6 names not based on the best 6 players on the field but based on how well certain players played with the opportunity given or if certain guys go above and beyond there usual level. Everybody gets some recognition and feels they are doing well and improving rather than seeing the same names each week. Then our BnF goes by a seperate vote system that is kept secret till end of year.

I do think the rep game is a good concept and would 100% support it/get behind it. Would just have to find a suitable time during the year to play the game.

I thought that I'd have a go at trying to pull together what the rough squads might look like. My knowledge of the other teams would never be good enough to legitimately pick the best under/over squads, so I used the "times in best" listing from the AFLQ website as a guideline. I also threw in an arbitrary "must have played 5 games rule" (half of the season to date) to help narrow the field a little. This probably ruled out a few of the better players (i.e. I know that it took out a bunch of the better players from our list at UQ, and took out Tomlinson, Dillon & Watson from Jimboomba). No doubt there are also some handy players at each club who just don't get listed by their coaches for whatever reason, which would have meant that I overlooked them as I don't know much about them. I had 25 names in the older group, and then had to extend that out to 28 for the younger group as the "times in best" seemed to be spread around a bit more there. Anyway, here's what that left us with:

Over 30's: B.Clark, D.Lutton, O.Smith, G.Wilkinson (UQ), M.Ayre, B.Burton, C.Colvin, D.Dickfos, M.Gould, B.Long, M.Smith, M.Whiting (Zillmere), A.Balnaves, S.Cannan, B.Suitor, A.Widt (Sandgate), T.Green, C.Mihalopoulos, A.Thomson, S.Toohey, K.Verma (Woodsmen), R.Heppell, R.Shaw (Jimboomba), S.Miller, A.Minchev (Coorparoo)

Under 30's: B.Bell, S.LePage, S.O'Brien, C.Willmett (UQ), A.Russell, I.William (Zillmere), J.Dunell, T.Hoult, R.O'Dwyer, T.Waterman (Sandgate), S.Curtis, C.Davis, N.Masters, G.Moore (Woodsmen), J.Dunn, J.Guise, B.Lawrence, T.Martin, K.Rooks, C.Smit (Jimboomba), J.Furnari (Ferny Grove). R.Major, D.Watts (Collingwood Park). B.McNiece (Morningside), T.Ditchburn, J.Falconer (Mayne), T.Spurling (Coorparoo), T.Hillier (Yeronga)

How do you know how old everyone is?

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back