2016 Top 8 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the crows I'm loving their draw if they aren't a chance at top 4 because of it, they deserve to finish bottom 4. Only one game left interstate against a top 8 team. Westcoast and North at AO the rest against bottom 10 teams WOW
The Showdown is always anyones game. Melbourne and Carlton both at the MCG are not 100% wins. North and West Coast could go either way. It would be quite unlikely that Adelaide miss, but it would not be impossible.
One upset from the Dees or Blues and then Port get up for the showdown and suddenly its back on again.

But the Crows are not a lock either. Next 3 games are interesting.

Just to inject a second opinion here: because of their remaining draw and their current form the season predictor of the squiggle is currently forecasting the Crows to finish second. According to the squiggle's model then the Crows are more of a lock than any other side except GWS.

The Showdown is always anyones game. Melbourne and Carlton both at the MCG are not 100% wins. North and West Coast could go either way. It would be quite unlikely that Adelaide miss, but it would not be impossible.
One upset from the Dees or Blues and then Port get up for the showdown and suddenly its back on again.

Have you had a look at ports draw, then compare it to ours, you seriously don't think they will knock us out?

The Showdown is always anyones game. Melbourne and Carlton both at the MCG are not 100% wins. North and West Coast could go either way.

The most recent results between the Crows and the clubs which you mention except North were all comfortably in Adelaide's favour. Adelaide are playing quite a bit better this year than they were last year.

Even against North the result last year at Adelaide Oval was comfortably in Adelaide's favour.

The Crows have had only one bad game all year ... against Geelong. Doubtful?

Just after the Geelong loss, Adelaide were looking likely to lose to West Coast, GWS and Geelong away, and North/West Coast at home looked like possible, rather than probable, wins. Since then, we've probably won two matches more than many tipsters would have forecast, and we look a much stronger bet for the matches to come.

Since we lost to Geelong, Port have had three losses in winnable games in five matches - against Carlton, West Coast and the Bulldogs. If they had won two of the three, and we had lost to either GWS or West Coast, you'd probably be viewing our prospects of a certain finals place rather differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for letting us know. Cheers.
Don't think North will be there in my opinion. Depending how GWS manage the pressure of finals football they could make it but probably unlikely as its a different ballgame once finals start. At this stage unless the wheels fall off (which could happen of course) I think it will be a Geelong v Sydney Swans GF. BUT you can Never ever ever write off Hawthorn, however their form this year has been very patchy.

Who the crows I'm loving their draw if they aren't a chance at top 4 because of it, they deserve to finish bottom 4. Only one game left interstate against a top 8 team. Westcoast and North at AO the rest against bottom 10 teams WOW
Don't get too carried away - all you need is a few injuries or a drop off in form. Very difficult to stay up for the whole 22 rounds, then to keep that form up into a finals series. Look what happened to Freo last year Home games aren't always guaranteed wins particularly if playing a top side as the Eagles found out at the weekend!! However Adelaide are travelling very nicely at this stage of the season and should go well.

Since we lost to Geelong, Port have had three losses in winnable games in five matches - against Carlton, West Coast and the Bulldogs. If they had won two of the three, and we had lost to either GWS or West Coast, you'd probably be viewing our prospects of a certain finals place rather differently.

Possibly. However, in the early season Crows had three close losses in winnable games against North, Hawthorn and Bulldogs (better sides than Carlton or West Coast). If the Crows had won two of the three, as they easily could have, the Crows would be looking good for top spot right now, even despite having a solitary poor game against Geelong.

Hypotheticals are fun. You don't have to be pessimistic with them.

Have you had a look at ports draw, then compare it to ours, you seriously don't think they will knock us out?
If you re read my posts, I have never once said Adelaide will be knocked out. I am merely stateing that between now and the end of the year the top 8 teams will change. It doesnt matter who, my point still stands.

If you re read my posts, I have never once said Adelaide will be knocked out. I am merely stateing that between now and the end of the year the top 8 teams will change. It doesnt matter who, my point still stands.

I disagree, out of the teams outside of the eight, Port are the best, not sure if that's a compliment though. Saying this they haven't managed to win one game against a top 8 team even at home and copped some hidings from both Adelaide and GWS. So if they are the best team out of the eight, can't see how it's going to change!

I have 1-7 on the ladder all on 60 points. Now that obviously won't happen, but just shows how important % will be. Who can make the most of their games vs Essendon, Brisbane and maybe Freo.

I disagree, out of the teams outside of the eight, Port are the best, not sure if that's a compliment though. Saying this they haven't managed to win one game against a top 8 team even at home and copped some hidings from both Adelaide and GWS. So if they are the best team out of the eight, can't see how it's going to change!
It takes one or two upsets a week and it can happen. Bump again in 10 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Top 8 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back