2016 Top 8 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

So that's two ladder predictors that assumed Geelong won't lose a game for the rest of the season. That's the same Geelong that has lost to Carlton and Collingwood. Fair to say the ladder predictor is broken.

Doing a ladder predictor for us seems pointless.

We'll lose 2-4 games for the rest of the year, they could be any game that isn't against Brisbane or Essendon.

You've got the Bulldogs a fair way down. Without looking at who is playing who and where from now until the end of the home & away would think they will finish perhaps just outside the 4?

I have Bulldogs in 8th with 15 wins. I have 17 wins needed to guarantee top 4 or 16 wins and the best percentage. 9th is miles behind this year. Of course, all that changes in the predictor depending on how teams go week to week!

I reckon at this stage the 8 is well and truly set in terms of the teams in finals. Positions to be decided. Geelong and Sydney flag favourites. Big competition from next 6 teams for the final 2 top 4 spots.

West Coast
Richmond?
Hawthorn
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
GWS

Can't deny, the Crows will probably miss out. The load of talent heaped on GWS will come good, but not that good. Port will likely rise, but those predicting they'll clean up and make the top 4 are dreaming. Not confident about my top 4 - I think West Coast will be top-2 and Hawthorn will make the top 4, but I really didn't know who else is worthy to put in. Fremantle to do a St Kilda 2011. The Bulldogs might do a Port 2015, but you can't make those sort of calls this early.

The top 8 is probably set in composition, though not in order. I don't buy this crap that Port are closing in and might replace West Coast. The Eagles will make the eight off the back of their usual drubbings at Subi.

Thusfar, I'm pleased that most of us were wrong about Adelaide. I had a general sense that Richmond were steadily improving and would make the top 4, considering how good their best was in 2015. Wrong! I was also thinking that the Eagles would improve, patching their deficiencies. Wrong again.

Expected Freo to fall a few places, but not to the bottom 4. Didn't expect the all-conquering Hawks to fall this far, though they may still make the top 4 from here. Didn't expect the Giants to be gunning for the top 4 and the premiership. I didn't buy the Geelong hype, and I should've. I bought a little of the Port hype, and am pleased to see them continuing their stay in the Land of Irrelevance.

The top 8 is probably set in composition, though not in order. I don't buy this crap that Port are closing in and might replace West Coast. The Eagles will make the eight off the back of their usual drubbings at Subi.

Thusfar, I'm pleased that most of us were wrong about Adelaide. I had a general sense that Richmond were steadily improving and would make the top 4, considering how good their best was in 2015. Wrong! I was also thinking that the Eagles would improve, patching their deficiencies. Wrong again.

Expected Freo to fall a few places, but not to the bottom 4. Didn't expect the all-conquering Hawks to fall this far, though they may still make the top 4 from here. Didn't expect the Giants to be gunning for the top 4 and the premiership. I didn't buy the Geelong hype, and I should've. I bought a little of the Port hype, and am pleased to see them continuing their stay in the Land of Irrelevance.

Your call is accurate, most had Richmond and freo in the eight, GWS I think were top 8 but performing better at this stage, Adelaide were predicted by most out of the 8 on the back of one player leaving. As for Port Power you should know better than to believe the hype, it was the same last year, would dare say most will be wary of the hype from now on except their own supporters!

So that's two ladder predictors that assumed Geelong won't lose a game for the rest of the season. That's the same Geelong that has lost to Carlton and Collingwood. Fair to say the ladder predictor is broken.
People assume form lines never change and the favourite always wins.

This is what I got, not too sure about Geelong going undefeated for the rest of the season but the positions look about right to me.

f6b6dd5b9710c2ca6953825b7ac68038.png
Yeah somehow I got the same thing with the Cats. I really like the look of this ladder, would be a great finals series. Cats vs Swans qualifying would be epic, as well as a sold out Spotless for Giants and Hawks!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Top 8 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back